1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

When the Corbynistas Come A-Knocking............

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by ForestHillBilly, Apr 26, 2017.

1. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Momentum believe that Jeremy is the Messiah.

2. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

He's not the Messiah... he's just a very naughty boy <ok>

3. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

This is why we shouldn't talk politics. And there's probably no need for this post but why not?

Luckily I don't think the Corbynistas are bothering with Bexley.

I was so wound up after the referendum - and livid with the Labour Party's ineffectual leadership - that I actually joined the Green Party; buying into their talk of a 'progressive alliance'. The very next day I got an email welcoming me to the Party from someone called 'Terry'. Terry, under his name in the email, then told you his ''preferred pronouns'.

What a ridiculous state of affairs this country is in.

I've also just spent a weekend in Sheffield to watch the Snooker. You couldn't hope to visit a more deprived and destitute town. Homeless and out of work people everywhere, empty shops and office blocks, run down council houses. It was awful, and clearly rooted in 1980s Thatcherism.

Yet these people voted for Brexit. As if immigration is their particular problem alone.

'Gullible idiots voting against their own interests'. The exact same as the Welsh. Across the UK a whole people, the traditional working classes, have been destroyed by Thatcherism; broken down into two disparate groups of a nouveau lower middle class and an obvious and oblivious underclass. Both have been duped by a right wing media, afflicted by a sado-masochistic need for a comfortable ruling class, and blinded by material needs. Fair enough, New Labour exasperated the problem by failing to implement multi-multiculturalism properly, and by effectively being the Conservative Lites. But now we all hate each other and we all care about ourselves and ourselves only. There really is no such thing as society.

And that @Royston - without sounding melodramatic - is why no-one does anything. We've already lost. Short of a revolution or an even less likely switch to proportional representation, nothing can be done with a dead working class.

4. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

Well he was a 4x2

5. deleted.....

Wasn't he the founder of the Green Party?

6. Butterfield

Butterfield Well-Known Member

7. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

It's all about Corbyn now securing the Corbyn candidates to ensure he has 15% of the PLP after 8 June. It's in his own personal interests for Labour to do badly. The fewer MPs return , the fewer votes he needs from the PLP to stay as leader. Yesterday's selections didn't go that well for him and he and the Hard Left will be grafting hard in the coming days.

Like Lady Marge, Corbyn really does intend to go "on and on and on". The big difference of course was that everyone loved Maggie :emoticon-0152-heart

8. ForestHillBilly

The snap election meant that Momentum didn't have time to deselect any candidates, which could just scupper the left's bid to keep Corbyn in situ.

9. User deleted as requested

The way the polls are looking, Corbyn may only need 20 Corbynite MPs to carry on

10. deleted.....

So are you saying that the snap election was done in order to aid British Democracy and help rebuild the Labour Party? <yikes>

ForestHillBilly likes this.

11. ForestHillBilly

I really don't think there are 20 Corbynite MP's. Did you hear PMQ's yesterday? Hardly a question at all from any Labour back-benchers, even those standing down. It lasted nearly an hour, and considering it was the last one before the election it was quite unique.

12. User deleted as requested

Dennis Skinner is taking the p1ss standing again aged 83. He can barely walk unaided. Maybe it will be his turn next.

13. deleted.....

I am reasonably sure that MP's don't have a requirement to walk.... I am also reasonably sure that the need for a working brain isn't essential <ok>.... look at Tim Farron

Crack Addick likes this.
  14. User deleted as requested

Interesting new strategy from the Corbynites today.

Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell says the opinion polls are completely wrong <whistle>

15. User deleted as requested

Spent a very enjoyable few days this week in the West Midlands, taking in my old alma mata and playing a very small part in getting Andy Street elected as Mayor of the West Midlands.

If I had a fiver for every anecdote I have heard about Labour voters saying they won't support Corbyn, I could buy Charlton and still afford to pay Murray off as well.

Labour will be reduced to a rump representing northern cities and multicultural parts of London after 8 June. They are finished for the foreseeable future- ten years at least.

16. ForestHillBilly

According to John McDonnell on the left-wing BBC's Andrew Marr show Labour are going to win the election. Aside from the bluster which you'd expect, if you read between the lines, he confirmed that Corbyn won't stand down afterwards. Now how would he know that? Surely it should be a decision for the party leader himself? If it's not, it's because Corbyn is merely a glove puppet of McDonnell and Momentum.

17. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Mcdonnell and Abbott are having a two man race to see who can spout the biggest guff on a daily basis.

It's embarrassing.

18. ForestHillBilly

McDonnell whinging on about the media at every opportunity. As Enoch Powell said, A politician complaining about the press is like a sailor complaining about the sea.

19. Slackbladder

Slackbladder Well-Known Member

You are sounding melodramatic though.

Sheffield, deprived and destitute? What you mean to say is the small parts of Sheffield you saw were a bit run down - just like 90% of the towns up and down the Country are. Most of it because of the benefit and handout supported lowlife, or underclass as you prefer to call them.

Problem is too many people expecting the state to "do something about it" rather than getting off their arses and doing something about themselves. It's all take, take, take, with their lifestyles funded effortlessly as the real gullible idiots pay their taxes to support them.

Here are the plans for Sheffield. Wonderfully optimistic or a realistic take on what a determined and self starting population can really achieve?

http://www.welcometosheffield.co.uk/content/images/fromassets/100_2002_280313101103.pdf

20. Slackbladder

Slackbladder Well-Known Member

Oh, and answering the opening posts' question is to ask them a whole string of questions on their so called economic policy and how they propose to fund all their promises.

Then I'd set the dogs on them.