1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by white_gunner, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

They have been very lucky to have a manager of the quality of Wenger then. That of course has a shelf life and Wenger has certainly passed his best before.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

He will always be an Arsenal legend. He is our most successful manager and nobody can take that away from him. But all good things come to an end and this should be the end for Wenger, as he now cannot compete with the best in the league.

3. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Yep time to move on.<ok>

PINKIE likes this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

My concern is that we replace him properly though, a lot of fans are calling for him to go now, but it's clear that the board do not have anybody else lined up.

Although it will anger a lot of fans to see Wenger here next season, in my opinion he should stay until we can secure his successor. Getting rid now with no plan of who will manage the team will be like stepping out of the frying pan into the fire.

5. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

That's what I am hoping <laugh>

PINKIE likes this.
  6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Believe me mate, you lot would be laughing a lot harder if we sacked him now and had Steve Bould in charge next season <yikes>

7. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

How about Harry Redknapp as a temporary?

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh>

9. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Having wenger stay well be a disaster. Not only because he's gone stale and your team needs to be galvanised but all the parts that made him better than most, scouting team morale and fitness are all out if the window nowadays.

Hes always been behind tactically and now that there are 5 other really to class managers its beginning to show.

He's lost the fans and that is the end of any manager really. The only thing that would keep the fans inside is to actually win the league without any blips because as soon as that blip comes you know the fans will instantly turn thinking its that deja vu feeling again.

I don't agree there are no managers out there. There is allegri, hiddink, rafa benitez (who i don't rate ). Emerai might be getting the sack even pellegrini. You could also take a risk on the monaco manager or even marco silva who looks like he has something about him and has won trophies.

The 2nd worse thing now would be to keeping wenger and stagnating the club for another year with the worst being hiring someone like roy hodgson

lazarus20000 and Sign Da Ting like this.