1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where should we be?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Shinycitylad7, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

I know none of this counts for anything as the games have been played and results are final.... but lets say we had a bit of luck in those games where we had none and cruelly had the game taken from us.... where would we be now? well cotterill would still most be manager put it that way (as you'll see). This is how it would look....

bare in mind this is all just hypothetical and based purely on us having that little bit of luck and getting from the games what we actually deserved.

Leeds (H) A game we should never have drawn but did +2
    Preston (A) if you were there we dominated all game. Never felt so robbed +2
    Ipswich (A) Again leading and let in a late goal... if only we could hang on +2
    MK Dons (H) REALLY late goal, see above +2
    QPR (H) think it was their first proper attempt and they score, after watching us dominate all game, again we draw +2
    Charlton (H) Nothing needs to be said about this un +2
    Reading (a) Kodjia not offside and again not clinical enough when we should have been +1
    Leeds (A) again so unlucky, leeds have 1 chance and win it, we deserved something +1
    Birmingham (H) Tomlin clear penalty and a game we dominated +2

So that's 15 points we should have had and had lady luck shined on us or we got what we actually deserved things would look oh so different. We would now be sitting 10th on 43 points. I know you look at that list above and think either wow we've been robbed a few times or think, nope we got what we deserved for not being better, but I genuinely believe if we got things right in the summer and just had that tiny smidge of luck we've been missing all season then we would be top half. So if Johnson keeps us up and has a successfully pre season transfer and results wise then we could be in for a great season next year. One we can be proud of

2. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

We probably got at least 2 more points then we deserved at Middlesbro though :emoticon-0105-wink:.

3. HANDY ANDY

HANDY ANDY Active Member

What about Cardiff away we dominated them on the telly? The bottom line however is that table does not lie and does not provide for ifs buts and maybes

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

You can make any number of cases every single season where we threw away (and sometimes gained) points.

Despite all of the moaning about bad luck, and how we deserved better from games, we were screwed before a ball was kicked at the start of this season by not having a squad capable of anything but making up the numbers at this level and having to play most games like a cup tie against more experienced/clinical opposition.

The end result of the mismanagement of the club has been unfairly (IMO) sacking a Manager who delivered a dream of a season last time around, and just more chaos by clearly having nothing better lined up afterwards.

And so because of all this mess, we don't actually deserve to be better off than where we are. It's self inflicted.

5. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

46 games will always tell its own story. That's plenty enough games to get or receive the odd or dubious penalty, offside etc- We can still stay up but this can be done by winning or coming 2nd in what now appears to be a bottom mini-league of 5.

6. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

'If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts then we'd all have a Merry Christmas.'

I see what you're getting at - it seems to be a theme this season that we've often played well, but results haven't matched. 'Luck' plays it's part, but shouldn't be the difference between being relegated or not - not winning despite dominating is indicative of some kind of failing, be it fitness levels, lack of concentration or outright skill.

Still, a much easier problem to fix than a team that loses whilst being totally outplayed.

7. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Think you're all taking this thread a little to seriously.... I haven't said this is what we deserved just what "could" have been. I know you make your own luck and you don't always get everything you want. This was just a simply thread stating where we could have been had things gone right for us instead of against us...

8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  9. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I would say we probably should be about 6-7 points higher, if everything is taken on face value, of the 24 teams pretty much all of them can likely say the same or a similar thing "if only"

10. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

If Kodjia's goal was ruled onside we would of won that game so another 3 points not 1 for that game. The bastards scored directly after that chance.

11. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I think we are exactly where we should be.

Much as I absolutely LOVE Steve Cotterell for last season, it's no coincidence that since his departure we have managed 7 points from a possible 12.

It was correct to replace him - althought the timing and comms could have been handled better (as always with BCFC). If he had stayed we would still have been playing 3-5-2 and deploying subs on 85 minutes and would have been lucky to have taken 1 point.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  12. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

The league table is based on results, and not statistics, and so we are exactly where we deserve to be based on our performances. Projections are all very well and good but when you have to find any reason why you could be higher is a self defeating attempt to excuse your obvious deficiencies. Improvement is the only way forward.

13. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Milton Keynes and Charlton at home really hurt us

14. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0148-yes: <ok>

15. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

It was rumoured and aired on OTIB (taken down for legal reasons) the reasons why he was sacked, if the rumours are (which I'm not airing others can back what I read) then its understandable why it was like it is.

16. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

I'd add Brentford at home to this. End to end game ruined by Freemans sending off +1