1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where will we finish?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by nzfoxfan, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

So Mahrez was playing 100% like all the other players then?
    If that was team spirit you are in for a poor season :(

Read back on the things you say, you watch players for years and years to fit into a system/style you only adopted 2 years ago out of desperation because you were on the verge of relegation.
    You can afford to buy top players where other teams can't yet you are struggling to get anything better than relegated defenders and players from Spain who have been supplanted by younger, better players.
    Your ambition allows you to bid £40m for a player where others can't even though you know that bid is worthless because the player won't be sold for that.

I love the fact you are passionate but feel the need to bring a little reality to your life. Please don't take this in a bad way but daddy isn't always right.

2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Wait until that filters down to lower/middle management meetings, Champions of England will have a fit.

Libby likes this.
  3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

http://redirect.viglink.com/?format...eicester-city-complete-manchester-city-229031

What does the board have to say about this?

4. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

5. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

Nah there's no way they would openly set the target as Europe because that would create a huge amount of pressure but that is the aim, 100%.

Interesting that Vardy came out and said they don't know what the targets are either. Don't believe everything you read in the media because they're never going to be completely open and set themselves up for a fall, that's just stupid. Common sense lacking as usual.

6. Champions of England

7. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

What you've said there is also exactly the same reason most of us fans have lower expectations. Partly to not be disappointed and also because if we go acting billy big bollocks to other fans it would open us up to stick in the same way the club would set themselves up to fail. It doesn't mean we don't want our club to do the best we can

Foxy in Foyle and BigFox like this.
  8. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

For me it's the same as last season:

Comfortably avoid relegation without any sign of being pulled in to a dog fight at all

Some form of excitment somewhere - be it through a league or cup run

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Good post - is one of the reasons I don't make predictions, I make goals that I want us to achieve which this season is not to be in a relegation scrap

As we have a first time manager who started excellently but finished rather ****e if we are honest, it is good that our owners are being realistic as well.

10. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Oh, come on, BigFox, keep up! Have you not been paying attention to what The Oracle has been saying about our poor finish? You need to start looking at the bigger picture! <doh>

Libby and BigFox like this.

11. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

I'm rather confident that we won't be selling Ndidi ...if someone comes in we'll bang a ridiculous price tag on him coz we really don't need to selll and it would take an awful lot of money to find a player of equal quality and at short notice <ok>

To answer your question, I suspect it might be VDD - being made to train with the kids is usually a sign of impending departure ... but would be funny if Saints refuse to sell to Liverpool because of the tapping-up tbf <laugh>

Mahrez is training well with the squad and putting a good shift in - again I don't think we will sell for much less than we have quoted as his 'price' <ok> ... hopefully he has a stunning first half of a season if he doesn't go before and one of the 'big clubs' will then come in ... they can't all succeed by pure logistics <ok>

12. Champions of England

Yeah I certainly agree from the clubs point of view to not go announcing our "real" aims, that would only put us on other clubs radars rather than being in the shadows as we are now.

Nobody gives us a chance of anything better than 8th-10th with the likes of Bournemouth, WBA, West Ham and Southampton all "supposedly" ahead of us because they just about managed to finish above us, even though we didn't start our season until February. Anyone thinking 8th to 10th would represent a good season must just think we won the league by luck. I mean someone please explain how we go from being the best team in the league to below the likes of the teams I listed above?

I can only assume people look at Ranieri's 25 games last season and think that's our level, even though we won our CL group, knocked out the last three years EL winners and only lost on aggregate to one of the best teams in the world because of a dodgy penalty, as the current Premier League Champions.

I just find it ignorant to be honest and the assumption that we can't be any better, bigger or ambitious just because we're little old Leicester is absolute bollocks.

13. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I don't think Bournemouth, West Ham, Bournemouth and West Brom are better than us, but the league was so damn close last season in the middle section that we can't feel entitled to finish above all those mentioned. Bournemouth have made some good signings themselves. If we turn up for the whole season them maybe we should finish above them but we can be rather unpredictable title season aside.
    I actually don't agree when people say we should be happy to stay up or finish 12th etc. We should be looking at top half minimum but the top 6 with their spending is looking unbreakable, Everton have spent big but if it takes them time to settle I do think we can compete with them (not saying we are going to finish ahead) but then the others will all think the same.
    I feel that the title win and CL exploits should definitely raise our stock but not to a regular top 4 team or even top 6 but I agree that it should raise us above the bottom half

14. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Worst comment ever. I guess we now see this. Jurgen - "hey Arsene, I see you are playing Leicester this week, don't worry you will beat them easy as they haven't announced real aims so no need to even try as they are living in the shadows"
    Being realistic is saying top 10. Top 4 would be another minor miracle. Do we all hope for it? Of course but most of us are realists.

15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

The club are taking great pains to hide their aims and ambitions, unfortunately @Champions of England is spreading secret boardroom discussions all over the internet and ruining their plan :bandit: :(

16. Champions of England

What a ridiculous way to look at it, why am I even surprised?

Ok so the season we won the league everyone underestimated us and it wasn't really until Hazard scored that people actually believed we would do it, after months of everyone assuring us that we can't. Last season we were the Champions and everyone wanted to beat us and that's an absolute reality and something quite openly spoken about throughout last season, by the players and opposition managers. Now we're nothing again and not on anyone's radar and we're being underestimated by everyone again, even by many of our own fans who are also cant see it because we must just be little old Leicester in their eyes. Nobody gives us a hope in hell of finishing top 6, even though it's only playing 9/1 so hardly worth betting on.

Top four is a stretch but a possibility, top seven on the other hand is well doable because we only have to finish above Bournemouth, WBA, West Ham, Southampton and Everton and I have no doubt we will because we're simply better than them. They won't win the league, they wouldn't win a CL group and reach the quarters, not a chance and nobody would expect Chelsea to finish below them because they're the best team in the league but Leicester have gone from the best to below those teams? Behave! We're on another level to them and while that level might not be top four, it's certainly a lot higher than top 10. 128 point from 60 games proves it far more than Ranieri's 25 last season and this is something I'm not blind to.

No Europe for us with the top 7 all in the CL/EL and Liverpool, Spurs and Everton in particular don't have squads capable of competing on all fronts and one of them will struggle, my guess will be Spurs away from WHL. If none of them struggle then it's 7th and European qualification, which is the aim.

17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Have you heard of a club called Blackburn Rovers?
    You sound a lot like one of their fans after a PL win except, theirs wasn't a fluke/anomaly.
    Do you know what happened next?

18. Champions of England

It was supposed to be a bit of excitement for our fans when I first mentioned the stadium extension, which came out in the press how long later? And yet I'm still talking crap even though I've been proven right. Yeah great logic that.

Regardless of how much you mock, I simply know more than everyone else about our club. I know all about the stadium extension and the changing rooms not being up to spec and them moving them to the other side when it's extended, I mean how would I even know that? Or have I just plucked something wild like that out of the air? Seriously?? I know why it's being held up and their 10 year plan. I know all about the complex that will be built behind it and the new training ground. You can all accuse me of making it up but you'll all be looking pretty stupid at the end of the day because I'm not, I am simply privvy to information that others are not.

19. Champions of England

Yeah they were really badly run and had loads of debt, unlike us who are really well run and have no debt so not a comparison, completely different ball park!

As a Leicester fan I'm all too aware of the financial issues clubs can be subjected to, we've been there done that and come out the other side with multi-billionaire owners and a club now in the top 20 richest in the world. A similar situation to those we've experienced in the past will never be seen again because we simply have money now and we earn more than we spend.

So how exactly do we end up like Blackburn then genius?

20. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Nobody is accusing you of making stuff up about the changing rooms or stadium extensions, just pointing out that all clubs are on a continuous improvement program and it is nothing special or unusual, if your ground/dressing rooms are below spec for Europe you are actually behind most teams.

I have no doubt (and I think most others do either) that you think you know more than anybody else. That is the gold in the comedy.

Have you heard of Blackburn Rovers?