1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Which team are the worst at

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Sweats, Jan 8, 2017.

?

Who are the Würst

1. Liverpool

42.9%
  2. Liverpool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Liverpool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Liverpool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Liverpool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Liverpool

4.8%
  7. Liverpool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Liverpool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Arsenal

47.6%
  10. Liverpool

4.8%
  1. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Or you'd think that some fans watched a football match and thought that the officials made some bad decisions.
    That happens in literally every game, just like the players, managers and commentators do, too.
    You've even got me defending bloody Scousers now, but the top comment's praising the ref.
    He called Pogba's handball correctly and someone said he'd done a good job by doing that.
    Why's that a bad thing?

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I just hate the rabid football fan who is all "Send him off!" every time one of his players gets tackled.
    Thats not what football is about, red cards and fouls.

3. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Depends on why they're given. Dangerous **** and trying to prevent the other side from playing can deserve it.

We want to be entertained and we want to watch something that's fair.
    Most of the complaints that I see are about consistency and stuff that's either nasty or cynical.
    Those are legitimate issues, in my opinion.

4. crackerman jack

crackerman jack Well-Known Member

What's the point of a football forum if you can't vent your frustration during the game? I think you are the weird one not understanding that and getting wound up by it. I doubt any fan would stand by all of their comments they make after the match. It's called passion!

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I get that part.
    I guess I am alone in being able to be passionate without talking **** :p

6. crackerman jack

Fair enough! I don't even think much about what I type in the heat of the game, it's purely a release valve. You are just reacting to how you see something against your team. Of course most of the time you are going to be completely bias towards your team!

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  7. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

When ?

8. Stan

Stan Stalker

Also posted in another thread but relevant to this one as well.

United scored from a cross at the weekend after struggling to break down Liverpool's nine man defence by playing through the middle. The Dippers were livid that an opposition team was able to use more than one system/tactic so cried about "long ball".

Liverpool launch more long balls than Manchester United, despite Jurgen Klopp criticising Jose Mourinho's tactics

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ng-balls-than-manchester-united-a7529551.html

9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Spot on! I never understand what fans get from wanting the opposition player sent off or a penalty being given? It's like saying we're **** and can't win without an advantage.

I remember the Carling Cup final United vs Villa and Martin O'Neil crying because Vidic hadn't been sent off as last man despite getting a penalty. What an absolute prick basically saying his own team were so sh1t they needed the advantage.

Just don't understand such thinking. Nothing short of a coward's approach to sportsmanship.

10. Stan

Stan Stalker

All players do it.

11. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

All fans do it.

crackerman jack likes this.
  12. crackerman jack

Ok so what about this scenario. You are watching your team play and your striker is through on goal, goes round the keeper and is just about to put the ball in the net when the keeper deliberately takes him out. This is huge match which could potentially decide the league. You are telling me you wouldn't be calling for a penalty and the player to be sent off because you wouldn't want your team to look like they would need this advantage to win the game?

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You're right I wouldn't. It's not about what my "team looks like" If you as a fan rely so much and getting wound up because you didn't get a decision, there's something seriously lacking.

United denied a perfectly good goal which would very likely have got us to a CL final in 2004. But that's not the reason we didnt win. We simply weren't good enough. There are 89 other minutes where you could win the match.

14. Stan

Stan Stalker

Liverpool board right now. I haven't even checked.

15. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

We tried our best, stuck the ball about 3 yards into the net so as to remove all doubt and still didnt get the goal. It cost us 2 points.

<rofl>

16. crackerman jack

That's very admirable but I think you must be in the 0.01% of football fans that would react like that, certainly in the heat of a match. Maybe when you support a team that has had so much success, as Man U have had over the last 20 years or so, you can afford to be so charitable

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

<laugh> yeh that must be it. I'm being charitable lol.

Listen fella, I support my team and can get just as worked up in the heat of a match as the next man, but as anyone who's seen me post on here during a game will tell you, I look at the faults of my own team rather than blaming the ref, the other team or the way the wind happens to be blowing at any given time. Anyone who's ever been to a game with me would tell you the same. I look at my own team and applaud them or citicise them for our successes and failures. There's nothing admirable about that imo, just common sense.

18. crackerman jack

I don't disagree with any of what you have said and in hindsight after the game that's what I'm like as well. My original response was that in the heat of a game if you think your player has been fouled or you feel you should have had a penalty, then it's a natural fan reaction to call it. Bodanki was taking comments from match day threads saying we just blame the ref for poor decisions or want players carded when we are just calling it at that moment in time from a typical fans bias view. Many a time after the game you can look back in hindsight and see that you may have been wrong.
    If we had a thread moaning about decisions we get and blaming our lack of success because of it, then he may have a point, but we don't!

NSIS likes this.
  19. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Agreed.

In the heat of a match it's easy to see things you realise later were something else.

All fans are guilty of it. Ask Sky <whistle>

gooner4ever likes this.
  20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I know but I still find it irritating tbh. Listening to someone near me bitching about a decision. I genuinely find the best fans around me at OT are the ones ripping the piss out of the ref and/or players rather than crying about it. There's a couple of fellas I see regularly, they have me laughing with the sarcasm they aim at any ****ness being displayed on the pitch while I'm the one whose just been ranting about how our tactics/ line up/ players have been ****. They remind me not to take it too seriously - proper old timers but have seen it all.