1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Whitts shutout

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That contract offer to Whitts has been sitting on the table for the last month. He may have been holding off until he knew who's City's manager would be next season.

Now that's been sorted and Warnock is in for the long haul, Whitts might well fancy his chances elsewhere.

Having said that, when he was benched in favour of Kimbo a few years back, he came back as good as ever. Just wonder if he'll get a second bite of the cherry this time.

2. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Much as I like Whitts, I think with the new style of play, his day is done.

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well Warnock seems to have thrown everything into the mixer and suspended further contract talks with Whitts and other current players for that matter.

He's taken on board the implications of FFP spelt out to him and clearly wants his own players next season to operate within the rules.

From what I saw of Whitts in that Blackburn game - his first start in 6 games - he may not figure in a future "Warnock style" team and move on.

4. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

5. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Got to admit, I am no excellent football pundit..... but wen Whitts came on on Saturday, we slowed down a lot and there seemed like a huge hole in midfield. He doesn't put himself about much does he?

6. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

True FFb.

I'm not a fan of Halford but little went through him in midfield and his positioning in front of the 2 cb's allowed Gunnar and Ralls and the full backs to push on more. When Whitts came on we got over run and lost our outlets.

Could well be time to say to Whitts, "Thanks for the memories".