1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who do you want?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Bizarreknives

Bizarreknives Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'd be quite happy with Rodgers, but de Boer would be my number 1 .

2. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

We'll end up with Pearson imo, Big Sam won't come, Dyche appears to not want it, honestly can't see De Boer coming when the Liverpool job is up for grabs. We'll end up with pshyco Pearson.

3. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

What makes you think he won't come. I would have thought he would jump at this chance at this stage in his career. My nightmare scenario would be Pearson, Not sure many fans could stomach that.

4. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

To be honest mate, he wouldn't be my choice as a long term manager for us, although i agree that for this season he is capable of doing a job and keeping us safe.

There's obviously underlying problems within the club, whether it's the players or the Board, or more likely a combination of both, something just isn't right. A man of DA's calibre and experience has come in and tried, he feels he can't turn our fortunes around and left. If he can't do anything under the current regime, then who can? Not only DA, other so called respected managers have tried and failed also

I just get feeling that Sam will take a similar view and decide it's a no win situation for him. Just a gut feeling mate, nothing else. I just have this horrible feeling that any decent manager with the right qualities will avoid us now, 6 managers in 4 years is **** for any club and i just don't see anyone taking the risk. Then it's plan 'B' and just get some hungry manager who is out of work. Hence Pearson mate.

5. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

Just has to be The mesSiAh!!!

Bart

6. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My concern now is why would any manager worth his salt even consider taking the job on unless its for ridiculous money.

The press aren't helping obviously, counting out how many managers we've had recently, as if anyone needed reminding.

Short HAS to look at the board now as well. If its possible to feel sorry for a billionaire then thats probably what I'm feeling right now. I can't feel anger towards someone who has poured his money into the club (though not nearly enough for some), and has helped us stay in the PL for the longest stretch yet. But I do feel anger and frustration at his inability to run the club properly, and by that I mean the prime function of the club, a consistently competitive first team.

Anyway, we're back on the managerial merry-go-round with our unique season-ticket.

mackemwelder and Class of 73 like this.
  7. Bizarreknives

Bizarreknives Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

"Arry" at our reserve game last week ! Wonder why he was there ?

The Relic likes this.
  8. its been fun thanks :)

its been fun thanks :) ♬♬Badum-tish! ♬♬
    Forum Moderator

9. Charley Farley

Charley Farley Well-Known Member

It seems Sam doesn't want to come to us.
    You can't really blame him if that is true because we are a managers graveyard.

I expect we will go for the cheapest option, someone like Pearson who no other premier club would want and would be grateful for any job.

We're unlikely to get a decent manager in like Moyes, Sam or Pulis so expect some relatively unknown foreign manager (who doesn't know much about us) or a mediocre Championship manager.

Reid has shown what was possible with us but he wasn't given the backing when we were riding high.

Short must decide, are we a Premiership club or a championship yo yo club. We need serious investment for the team to match the fans and stadium. I hear people saying our spend the last window was over £30 million but the net spend was only half that and since 2008 has averaged at less than £5 million a year. No way to run a club.

Still, you never know, maybe Sam will come and will be given enough for a new back 4 in January. If I was him that would be a precondition before joining us. £40 million should do it.

clockstander likes this.
  10. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

I'd like to believe DA wouldn't have dropped us directly in the ****ter, by walking without giving Short some notice and time to line up, if not a direct replacement, at least a few candidates who could do a job.

Big Sam ? would do for a few seasons, keep up around mid table for a while. once stable, we could then look for a better manager in terms of style of football etc.

Rogers ? Would suit our current players imo (except Bornin :p ) - likes playing fast football and high pressure. >40% win ratio in all but 1 clubs he has managed. But a DoF would have to be in charge of transfers.

Redknapp ? No thanks. he was **** at QPR, no reason to think he would do better for us

Other candiates ?
    De Boer would do for me, if we could get him
    Pearson ? No thanks
    Dyche ? unknown, would be a big gamble

11. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

12. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

DA had been speculating for a couple of weeks in the press about his position. It could hardly have come as a shock to ES.

13. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I don't believe Pearson is the "quick fix" manager you need to stay up, he builds teams very well, but he won't have the time or resources to do it before the end of the season.

Im not saying hes a bad manager by any means, he'll do well for you over a long period of time, but that may involve 1 or 2 years in the Championship. After that time though, your team would be back stronger, younger, cheaper and generally harder working under his work ethic.
    Though your chairman doesn't seem to plan more than 12 months ahead, another reason i don't see him going for Pearson.

Hes certainly a manager that turns sinking ships around though, look at us and Hull as good examples of that. Hes also got a good history of getting rid of "bad apples" from teams, like overpaid or lazy players. His players always seem to have a very similar wage structure to keep everyone happy, the only exception for us was possibly Cambiasso last year who would have been on more, but he came with experience that helped our championship squad develop.

If you took the risk on him and stayed up, then your future would look alot brighter with the team he could possibly build in the summer next year. If you went down with him, you'd have the best manager in the Championship who would clear the dead wood and develop a younger more exciting side.

14. crumble bungle

crumble bungle Well-Known Member

Slate me if you want but only man for the **** hole job at Sunderland at the minute is Alex Ferguson, I know its just about impossible!!
    Break the bank for him and let him rip the lazy good for nothing ****ers to shreds.
    Put him on the board as well and sort out that clueless bunch of fcukwits too.
    Really cant see anyone wanting to come due to our recent managerial history and until someone sorts out the rot within the club I fear it will just roll on to the next managerial victim.
    Still keeping the faith as on my knees praying that someone will turn this club around :steam:

15. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Pearson, surely the only one bonkers enough to take on the rotten core! (be pretty hilarious as well!)

16. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Probblies end up with Joe Kinnear.

Munkyheed likes this.
  17. Class of 73

Class of 73 Well-Known Member

ES, go after Jurgen Klopp, he likes a challenge and you still have plenty of cash. Outbid Liverpool (who really wants to live there ffs) get some balls into this team and steamroller the rest of the season..............we can dream can't we?

18. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

We will probably end up with his brother Clipperty.

Class of 73 and Munkyheed like this.
  19. Munkyheed

Munkyheed Active Member

If that's the case what will be the 'alternative' names given to our current crop of players ?

Steven Felcher .... Sebastian Coaster .... Fabio Lambrini .... Adam Nonson .... Younes lafool ?????

salad fingers likes this.
  20. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Toblerone? <doh>

Doesn`t bear thinking about does it? <laugh>