1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who do you want?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Munkyheed

Munkyheed Active Member

haha .. could be a thread all on its own pops !

Class of 73 likes this.
  2. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

I doubt that very much. There were rumblings in the press before West Ham that it would be his last game, win lose or draw. Looking back it seems very plausible that he'd decided to leave but didn't want to dump us in it without time to at least put the feelers out for a replcaement, so told Ellis 1 or 2 games in advance.

Class of 73 likes this.
  3. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

According to Dicks interview in the Echo he told Short he was leaving before last weekend and Short asked him to wait until after the WHU match. So Short hasn't had long to sort out a replacement, Dick also says the squad wasn't good enough and he didn't fancy managing in another relegation fight, Echo saying his comments come from an interview given in Holland.

4. crumble bungle

crumble bungle Well-Known Member

think (like most of us reckon) short lured dick back with false promises, cant blame the fella for calling time on his stint here as he must have been fighting an uphill battle all the way, but was too much of a gent to come out and say it directly.
    Makes you wonder whoever they can get in isn't fed the same ****e again and short fails to deliver.
    Not really bothered who comes in so long as they turn the club around.

5. Class of 73

Class of 73 Well-Known Member

DA is an honourable man and I am sure that is the case. ES is a very rich business man who, I am sure, wants success but has had around him some very poor advisors. I am assuming that he is a billionaire, so losing say £50m if he sold up would hurt but would not be a financial ruin for him and he would probably make that up again somewhere else. I am hoping that he is staying with Sunderland because he wants too and that he, like all of us, wants a successful and happy club.
    KTF, it is still early in the season(ish!) so we can but hope that he sees sense, clears out the board and brings in some fresh knowledgeable people. Also that he gets a manager that properly knocks our team into shape and runs roughshod over this piss poor premier league. The team showed signs of improvement on Saturday so we can but hope!

6. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

I hope Sol Campbell doesn`t apply for the job.
    There`ll be hell on if he doesn`t get it.

7. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

My goodness I wouldn't want him despite him being named after our stadium..

Nathan Brazil likes this.
  8. nomoregeordies

nomoregeordies Well-Known Member

I think Advocaat made a good point in Saturday mornings paper. Basically he said that the two games prior to west ham were against the Manchester teams that had spent £300 and £400 million in the summer. He was given £20 million , with that huge disadvantage it is and will remain very difficult nigh on impossible for sunderland to remain competitive. The worry is now that by paying over the top players like defoe high wages and maybe some other players as well, I am not sure of the wage structure is that Sunderland become a Leeds or Portsmouth type club. However, back to the original point and the Premier league reflects British society in general at this moment in time. The richer you are the more advantages you have and the more finance you are given. When Advocaat realised he was working with so little financial resources he must have realised that the job is almost impossible .

SC SAFC likes this.
  9. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Moyes on the shortlist.

10. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Do I want David Moyes as our next manager, not sure really, dosent get me excited. But none of the usual candidates get me excited, I think that's part of the trouble. Just hope Mr Short gets it right this time but not holding my breath as I thought he had it right when he got DA to change his mind. Time will tell.

11. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

If he's at the helm for a longtime I think he'd do a good job. Can he keep us? Not sure. If did, next time the going gets tough will he have the time he needs before Shorts trigger finger gets itchy? Not sure. What looks like would be a good appointment on paper, the way the club is ran I think it would turn out to be a bad appointment.

Saying that, the way the club has run I've lost faith any appointment would work. The club made the best appointment we've had in a long time walk because of broken promises.

12. safcyellowbelly

safcyellowbelly Well-Known Member

do we get the flowers back?

kernowcat likes this.
  13. Sikkedogsvendestykke

Sikkedogsvendestykke Active Member

Hull City follower here, but I have a soft spot for Sunderland ... I lived in Washington for a couple of years.

The last man you want is Nigel Pearson. Forget that he is arrogant. Forget that he is a mediocre manager. Forget that he kept Leicester up last season. His personality will clash big-time with Sunderland ... and I'm on your side.

By the way, while I am here, I once queued in Sunderland for my bus home to Washington. In front of me was an old lass - at least 80. Along comes a fella dressed like a cowboy, complete with holsters and pistols, and joins the queue. The old woman turned, looked at me, and then back at the cowboy and said "Howay son, the bus to Ryhope goes from ower there!"

MrRAWhite, clockstander and grandpops like this.
  14. SC SAFC

SC SAFC Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Saying nowt like we havent won owt since 73. For what its worth i think he would work at sunderland, just doubt he would do it. Southern spain vs North Eastern England..... er

15. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

SC SAFC likes this.
  16. Captainchaos

Captainchaos Member

It's bound to be Allardyce

17. SC SAFC

SC SAFC Well-Known Member

18. mitchthemakem

mitchthemakem Well-Known Member

I no longer think it is who we want anymore it's more of who is prepared to take the job on. Why would Dyche leave Burnley who has a chance of promotion to come to a club who is looking like going down. Sam may not want the challenge although he is my choice of getting us out of this situation but would he work under Shorts mentality of a DOF I doubt it he will want funds and short is failing to deliver on that front. I don't think short has grasped the situation we are in 99m for finishing bottom I would have spent half that to make sure we were not at the bottom

19. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Not if he`s got any sense.

I wouldn`t blame anybody for giving us a wide berth.

SC SAFC likes this.
  20. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

For a manager and team that can bring us success will mean they will be granted legendary status..