1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who still thinks we have had a good transfer window?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Cest Advocaat, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

That's what I was angling at mate.

Didn't know he was making comments about your private life, totally understand your stance. You are handling it a bit better than I would then.

2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Casting aspersions to how i live mate, putting my home life down to big his up. That's why I needed time out. I was ****ing livid. Sad really, I've always wished his home life well. If I see a **** I'll call ****, but i'd never wander into a ****s personal life.

3. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Hate **** like that, no need.

He should thank his lucky stars that he doesn't have the constant struggles we have to contend with. I'll be honest, I've had to accept I can't work standard employment anymore. I've stuck at it for years but I have way to much time off sick and it's no good for me or the employer. I'm branching out doing my own thing now, if it doesn't work out, I'll be pretty much ****ed in all honesty.

4. Brian Storm

Conventional employment always ends up biting me on the arse. Employers are just intolerant to mental health problems. From my experience anyway. Back on the old horse soon. It will end in disaster I tells ya! :p

5. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

This is a football forum and should remain just that, I like Cests contributions along with everyone else's and I am sure he will continue to add to our debates in his own time, there is still a long way to go and as we all know only too well it wont be a smooth upward curve, at Sunderland we do roller coasters, but we are heading in the right direction no mistake.

Nostalgic likes this.
  6. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

We don't though do we ....... in reality we're a permanent sub-top 8 club like many others.

People like Cest are on a winner because they'll always have something to whinge about.

Predicting we won't win anything is like predicting Shergar won't win the next National.

The thing is he says nothing we don't already know, it's just that some of us choose not to wallow in doom & gloom.

clockstander likes this.
  7. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

You're probably right mate but seeing as how we are creating chances now it would be interesting to see how he'd fair. Up till now he can claim he's been fed scarps and he has, as have all our strikers, but if he did get a chance then we can at least put that excuse to bed.

My guess is he is gone anyway and would have been if anyone came in for him join the summer. I can't say i'd lose any sleep when he does go, same for Graham.

8. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Defo the SF of two seasons ago would be first choice, but it says it all that in this moment of time he is last choice imo, its a sad state of affairs as I was a real fan of his, but find his current lack of effort on the pitch unforgivable. Its not just for us either he is just the same for Scotland, and will lose his place there before long.

9. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

How right you were :emoticon-0150-hands

10. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

I would also agree with the OP sentiments that we did not have a good transfer window. Coates and Kaboul are poor...Bardsley was better than any of our current RBs and PvA is not a left back. You start to win games by not losing I. E. Keep a clean sheet. Without an aging CB JoS our back four would be even worse.

Dorset likes this.

11. Brian Storm

It was going well but we didn't finish the job. My head is held high though as I had the common decency and respect to my football club to let them finish the window first. I always said it was going well but the machine wouldn't work unless all the parts are obtained but we didn't and look at us. I also said I'd let rip if we didn't and oh I have been. Going forward we'll be fine but ending yet another window with John O'Shea still our best CB is bordering on unforgivable.

chaosuk and Class of 73 like this.
  12. The Relic

The Relic Well-Known Member

I think we had a decent transfer market. Admittedly Coates is a shadow of what he was at the end of last season, and I do think he needs to look in the mirror and ask where the real him went. But Kaboul hasn't played for months so I'm not prepared to write him off yet. We should have had two more but nobody could foresee the hitches with medicals and what have you. Overall, I think too many people got over-excited and expected 200 million to be spent in one summer. It was never going to happen, and shouldn't have - we have to live within our means. It was merely a start and with M'Vila, Lens, Toivanen etc., we have raised the overall standard of the team.

Vincemac likes this.
  13. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

That bit there.

And that bit.

Home_and_Away likes this.