1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why we've gone down imo

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

I think you have missed the point. They had followed his direction but we were losing badly while he continuously blamed them or anybody other than himself. The players he had were not dummies and got pushed into a situation where the team was failing through tactics not ability. Poyet got it sorted out - just.

2. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

No point in arguing this one mate as I totally disagree as you can see by the position we are in now.

3. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

Were Sunderland right to stand by Moyes?
    2011-12 Steve Bruce sacked, replaced by Martin O'Neill Survived
    2012-13 O'Neill sacked, replaced by Paolo di Canio Survived
    2013-14 Di Canio sacked, replaced by Gus Poyet Survived
    2014-15 Poyet sacked, replaced by Dick Advocaat Survived
    2015-16 Advocaat resigns, replaced by Sam Allardyce Survived
    2016-17 David Moyes replaces Allardyce before season Relegated

4. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I had nothing against Moyes when he joined I just always felt he is not right for our club but if he does manage to stay like Bri reckons lets just hope I am wrong and the bloke turns us round and then he will be a hero, even mine. <cheers>

5. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

And here it is:

I'd have said that it wasn't a fall out but a brave and honourable gesture from a man who deeply wanted to be successful. He's clearly saying that its his responsibility, that he will sort it out, and to keep their chins up.

I doubt you'd see Moyes showing the balls to face the crowd like this.

6. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

2017-18 The chance to finally start building something instead of firefighting.

I said it last year, so It would be hypocritical not to say it is this year. Being in the Premier League is not the be all and end all. Just as we did, you probably need this relegation. It won't be forever. This gives you the chance to rebuild properly without the pressure of survival. I have no idea if Moyes is the right person to do that as I don't watch you week in week out. I do think he is far from being the only problem though, and this gives you a better opportunity of addressing some of the other problems.

I genuinely hope this also gives you the opportunity to start enjoying your football again too. It did with us, though only time will tell if we'll still be enjoying it this time next year. The tables have turned this year, but they will turn again. I look forward to the day when we can rip the piss out of each other arguing over who is the best mid-table Premier League team. Sadly, both clubs are a long long way from that at the moment. Obviously I hope that we avoid a relegation fight next year, but we will need large scale investment to achieve that. Investing is the easy part - investing well is the hard part. I would love to see both you and boro come back up stronger and better. Rivalries are only rivalries when we are competing against each other.

clockstander likes this.
  7. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

8. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Moyes character is not as fiery and charismatic as PDC but I'msure he is just as determined to succeed here -but is he in the right place to succeed ??
    It takes a special man to succeed here -BSA type of charisma

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  9. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

That's not it, that's after the game.

10. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Best thread for some time, lots of good points made and I feel better already. This season has been a real downer because twelve months ago things looked so rosy for us, but we will come out of this stronger one way or another. Best hope for me is that Short sees building up the club is the best way to recoup his money if he does we will bounce back in two years with or without Moyes. The team that played yesterday gave a spirited display but the weaknesses are obvious and good management should soon sort us out. I am looking forward to next season already, it will be an interesting one for sure but we need to hit the ground running not strolling. <ok>

11. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

That's what we're on about, isn't it? I wasn't even looking for his exchange with Giaccherini.

12. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

No I asked him for the Giac exchange. Crossed wires, nevermind :)