1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wilbs..............

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Redandy, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Redandy

Redandy Active Member

is a worry for me, I really like him and last season he was immense, BUT I must admit I have been watching him closely during games and he's won very few aerial battles, his touch is appalling at the moment and he's being pushed about very easily.

Is his confidence suffering?

Is he not fully fit?

Is he just to old now for this level?

I am not sure but worried all the same

Over to you peeps, what do ya think?

2. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Have to reluctantly agree..

3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Plus the burdon of being a captain in a side that has been 'unlucky' to-date - too much pressure perhaps?

4. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

He was always going to be the first people called for. Rightly so too, he's lost out there, doesn't offer nothing and we have Agard sat on the bench who has done more in his sub appearance's than wilbs has so far this season. Cotts won't drop him though, so may as well get behind him and the rest of the boys!

5. EnderMB

EnderMB Well-Known Member

This is where rotation is key. I think Wilbs will appreciate some time on the bench, and it will allow him to come back stronger.

Ultimately, all players want to play, but I think we need to realise that great performances in League 1 don't equal great performances in the Championship. It's a definite step up, and he's no spring chicken. He's in the twilight of his career, and his time needs to be managed well.

6. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

but for the fact wilbs exercised the clause in his contract, giving him a another year, after he made x amount of appearences last season, I think he would have been released in may/june

7. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Maybe he is now a bit part player, like Elliott was last year.
    That said, there is every chance he will be invaluable to us this term (as a bit part player).
    But we need a serious Plan A for our strike force, and he is not it. That is why the attention was on signing Gray etc.

Just have to see who comes in on The Loan Train next week

8. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

He did a great job last season and he has a part to play as a squad/impact player this campaign.

But as I said when he was made Captain, what's the point...? He won't/can't play 46 league games and frankly isn't up to this level. We need a leader on the pitch who is going to be an ever present.

9. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

fantastic last season,very different this season so far.

10. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

totally disagree, he would not have been captain under any circumstance other than SC had a job in mind for him, a year or not..has experience and is obviously respected by the team
    Lets not forget we haven't been hammered yet..Brentford were very lucky against 10 men lost both since and I had them as an average team before season started......

next games 8 of the 12 fixtures can see a big shake up in positions ! Birmingham v City ! etc