1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will Arsenal get top 4?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by lazarus20000, Feb 4, 2017.

?

Will we get top 4 this season?

1. Yes

56.5%
  2. No

43.5%
  1. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

The title is gone and the only thing left in the league is a top 4 finish. With 6 teams potentially able to get it, will we make it this season? We always seem to pull it out the bag in the last couple of months, but when you throw City, Liverpool, United and Spurs into the mix, it does look less convincing this year.

Will we maintain a 100% record come end of season?

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

We'll get top 4 and Wenger will sign a 1 year extension

Make of that what you will ...

kashcheema likes this.
  3. lazarus20000

I'm going safe and saying yes. But this one will be very close and could go either way...As for the extension, he will only sign if we get top 4.

4. lazarus20000

We're in February and positions from 2-6 have a 5 point difference, with us currently at 4th with 47 points, 1 away from 5th place Liverpool and 2 away from 6th place Man U. This should be the tightest top 4 race to date. But on paper, all those teams can get top 4, all of them have quality players with quality managers. I've voted yes due to Wenger's record, but if there was any year we will drop out, it will be this one.

5. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I've voted yes, but Arsene is looking a bit tired to me.

6. goonerman

goonerman Member

I voted no. Arsene Wenger looks as if he has run out of ideas & has no where to go. There seems to be a lack of direction/focus and the organisation of the team during play is often lacking. We need a Viera or Tony Adams.

Sign Da Ting and Quilllogic like this.
  7. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

This all needs to stop being worded as if things are slowly sliding towards a conclusive end here. Arsene does not 'look' like he's run out of ideas... he has no ideas and hasn't had any for almost a decade. And it's not that doesn't 'seem' to be a lack of direction... there hasn't been direction for almost a decade.

Sign Da Ting and Quilllogic like this.
  8. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

As I've said elsewhere, you have a very tricky set of fixtures still to come. Groundhog Day against Bayern, with Liverpool, us and WBA to play away. Plus both manchester clubs at home.

If you can navigate that successfully, you deserve top 4. And I say that as a Spurs fan.

remembercolinlee and PINKIE like this.
  9. BobbyD

BobbyD President

We all know Wenger will get top 4. It happens every year. They will obviously go out in the champions league to Bayern. They will get destroyed in the first leg and 'ALMOST' qualify in the 2nd. That will be their rock bottom and now that the title is totally out of reach, it would not surprise me one bit that the arsenal team goes on a real good run, like they do every single year.

10. lazarus20000

Sounds like us to a tee, depressingly predictable. I'd even want us to drop out the top 4 just to make a bloody change. The monotony of it all just bores the pants off you.

Sign Da Ting and TheBear like this.

11. Sign Da Ting

Sign Da Ting Well-Known Member

Be careful before certain posters call you a "plastic" fan. Apparently, supporting Arsenal and being against Arsene can't be mutually exclusive.

12. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Does it even matter whether we finish in the top 4 or not? Will the world end if we don't?

I'm not trying to be funny, but we're never close to winning the league and we don't seem that interested in taking any risks to actually freshen things up. And as for top four, it's a paradoxical cycle. We try so hard to get into the top four and qualify for the Champions League by May, then when we get into February/March of the following season, we can't wait until we're out of the competition so we can then focus on getting into the top 4 again. Rinse and repeat. What's the point in trying so hard to qualify for a competition that we never have the intention of winning or ever look like winning?

I could understand it if we needed the cash, but we're not exactly paupers. We're the 7th richest club in Europe for crying out loud. Our wage bill is closer to the likes of City and United than the likes of Spurs or Liverpool. We have huge piles of cash reserves and our main sources of income are skyrocketing each season.

We have the resources to attract quality players even if we did finish outside the top 4.

Will we finish in the top 4? Personally, I think we will. But would I really be surprised if we didn't? Not in the slightest. Do I think we can bounce back if we don't get top 4? Assuming we have a different manager in charge, absolutely.

13. lazarus20000

Yeah I always find that strange. As BrunelGooner points out, what is the point of being in a competition where we don't look anywhere near winning. I don't think anyone here thinks we have a chance either. We've become stale despite the changes. I'll admit I was wrong, I thought that Wenger with money and world class players at his disposal that it would change, maybe bring back some of the glory days. But it's not going to happen, Wengers had his day in the sun.

14. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

I am a 'glass half full' Arsenal supporter and am 100% convinced that Cini is a spud troll, but still believe we will not be finish top 4 this season.

I still love my club and offer my total support regardless.

COYG!

15. TigerMarv

TigerMarv Well-Known Member

Of course Arsenal will get fourth place
    If it doesn't look like they will they'll just cheat a few games to get the results they need

16. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

You lost, get over it. You big crybaby.

17. TigerMarv

TigerMarv Well-Known Member

I know we lost I'm not denying it but you still cheated

18. lazarus20000

Is it me or are Man U getting better? Maureen has the experience and he might get them top 4. The most likeliest of teams to drop out of top 4 is Liverpool. They are looking unpredictable and less solid.

19. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

To be honest I would say we are the the team that looks most likely to drop out of the top 4. I just don't think we will because we have the experience of always finishing up there - even when it looks like the odds are against us. That's one thing about Arsenal that I think any fan of any team shouldn't bet against - us finishing in the top 4.

20. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Genuinely think they have a great chance of the title next season, and they'll almost certainly go and spend another £100m+ in the summer

Us and Liverpool look the likely suspects to miss out at the moment, but we've been in this position plenty of times before so who knows