1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Women in Football University Research

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by theacademic, Oct 4, 2015.

1. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

Brilliant goal from Kirby tonight for Chelsea, cutting in beating defenders and feathering a shot into the top corner, a joy to watch

2. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

The irony of this Walter is she (Kirby) did actually score a Messi type goal tonight, I agree about the hype usually

3. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

Nah, he's right. I'm boiling over.

I'm not extreme anything, I'm just being rational. A couple of years ago I was round my mate's house and his five year old lass threw a tennis ball over the garden. I said, as you do, "That's a great throw", followed by "for a girl" at which point I got a clip round the lughole from the missus. She pointed out to me that she'll hear that **** all her life and referenced a documentary where they'd asked five year old girls what 'throwing like a girl' meant. They all said stuff like 'fun' and 'strong' and 'far', but when they asked thirteen year old girls, well, the results weren't quite so positive.

Of course blokes dominate elite sport, we've had hundreds of years practice so we've got quite the head start. In a couple of hundred more, who's to say there won't be mixed sex top flights? Let's not go down in history as the people who were opposed to it, let alone not even able to imagine it.

4. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Happens in Hockey. In fact most clubs have a mixed team. I cannot find any fault in it. Mind you we always have a level playing field (Astro pitches) as well.

5. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

There in lies my point, as for a few hundred years, I doubt top flight anything will exist, even if the human race exists, but that's a different story.
    Also opposed to it, no, I just don't think they could compete, as I said in previous posts, due to not being the same physically. I also don't see women playing against men any time soon except for the possibility of charity matches or some experiment.
    On top of everything I don't know why they would want to. We don't need the women just because it's equal rights crap brought up every time. Filling a quota for the PC brigade.
    The US are very good with their kids & girls play from a young age & are encouraged to do so, but at a certain age, not sure what it is, they separate due to the ability/strength of the individual players. If it does happen, I would expect it to be in the US.
    If it does happen & I'm proved wrong, then fair enough, I just doubt it.

6. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

I've played mixed gender sport - tennis.
    I was in a league that had divisions based on ability with promotion and relegation.
    It was normal to go to pub together after the game or even to one of the player's homes if they were near.
    It was a better way to meet single women than the alternatives but I did it because I genuinely liked tennis.
    Usually when you changed ends you'd have a quick chat but one guy would totally ignore me. I think he'd been watching too much professional tennis.

7. onceatiger

onceatiger Active Member

Was tempted to reply to the answer about sexism with ' if you are putting this on a football forum because you read them, you have to know the answer to that already....

8. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Women need to stick to ironing - maybe some extreme ironing ;)

Joking btw women will never find the time for ironing with all that cooking to do!!!

I am joking. ;)

9. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Football should take its lead from tennis and allow female players in male leagues, Serena Williams already plays in the female side of the tennis tournaments and has done for years.

petersaxton likes this.
  10. theacademic

theacademic Member

BOJACKHCAFCMAN likes this.