1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Women's World Cup

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by rangercol, Jul 23, 2017.

1. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

England win the Women's World Cup at Lords in front of a packed house.
    Absolutely brilliant and I have to say that I enjoy watching the Women's game. The bowling and batting is very good and the fielding, although a little weak at times, can be good too.

A great final against a good Indian side with Shrubsole getting 6 wickets to win it for England in an incredibly close and tense finish.

Well done England!!

Hoops Eternal and sb_73 like this.
  2. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Just got back home Col, great game ebbing and flowing all day, agree the strength in batting and pace of bowling isn't like the mens game but the skill, thought and intelligence make up for that right down to the junior level. A bit like in football if you compare the girls and boys they simply don't compare, it's a different game, not better or worse just different. In cricket the girls game has grown leaps and bounds. I have coached a girls team for 6 years. Our team won the Middx league, well we do most years, and were invited to Lords to watch England V India 5 years ago, India won but the England team waited long after the game to make sure all my girls team got photos and autographs, you wouldn't see the men's teams doing that.
    So pleased for the England team world champions take note the men's teams.

3. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

i went to my first 20 20 game earlier this year and was surprised by how long the wellington firebirds players hung around signing stuff
    as they should

4. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

The women's game is really progressing now it's getting more exposure. Add that to the fact it's now benefiting from India and Pakistan really becoming competitive and it can only get stronger. The main attraction for top-level sport is competitiveness and this was a superb example of that, well done both teams for putting on such a show...

Hoops Eternal and rangercol like this.
  5. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Were you there mate?
    I slightly disagree with your comparison with Women's football, which I don't particularly like watching and find it to be at a very low standard compared to the men's game.
    The female cricketers however are very skillful and the differences in pace and strength don't seem to matter so much. They need to keep on improving their fielding imo, but I like watching them play.

Hoops Eternal likes this.
  6. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

7. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

Thoroughly enjoyed the game although it looked at 191-3 India were the nailed on winners. Brilliant bowling from Anya Shrubsole, 6-46.

rangercol likes this.
  8. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Yeah was there with my daughter, a decent bowler for our club, she loved being there. Now watching with her the woman's footy V Spain, 1 up but being out passed, out played and we cannot keep possession, what's the difference between watching the England's men's team

kiwiqpr, Hoops Eternal and rangercol like this.