1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Would the last one out please turn off the lights...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Oct 25, 2016.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

2. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Is there anyone left that doesn't have a 'sinking ship' feeling?

Well done to the Allam family, if your objective is to completely **** the club up I'd suggest that you're doing an outstanding job......****s!

3. Double_Dragon

Double_Dragon Well-Known Member

And still the rancid allam family are allowed to run roughshod without a meaningful protest.

The Supporters trust are failing badly imo.

4. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

You dont have to wait for them you know :emoticon-0148-yes:

tigerbalm likes this.
  5. Double_Dragon

Double_Dragon Well-Known Member

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  6. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

That's a large part of the problem, there are several thousand like you and trying to organise a protest with a the least militant fans isn't easy, particularly against a backdrop of the club that is allegedly already being sold.

balkan tiger likes this.
  7. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Protest about what exactly?

Someone has decided the times right to move on?

Or someone's had a better offer?

You don't ACTUALLY know what the ****s happened, yet you expect the Trust to be outraged on your behalf and organise a protest.

While your idea of protesting is to stay at home.

Brilliant. You couldn't make this **** up.

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  8. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I will be interesting to see what happens to the membership scheme if the poor run continues, it's now very easy to just walk away.

9. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Perhaps something that the boy genius never considered?

PLT likes this.
  10. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Is he going to take over as head coach after Zenga's departure?

11. tigers40

tigers40 Well-Known Member

Sorry Lammie, but this is my protest. I fully understand the dilemma but I am not prepared to give the club another penny whilst these two herberts are in charge.

12. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

As it is now only 2 clubs have a smaller percentage of seats sold. West Brom and Sunderland which despite being no larger than Hull and a 48,000 stadium is only 0.3% behind us. The figures are depressing all round.

http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england

The Championship one is more depressing seeing how better or near to us so many clubs are so far this season, and they haven't had home games against the reigning champions, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea.

http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england

Some said the membership scheme was a good idea. Of course the weakness is that it can work out cheaper for some the concessions issue means that walk up games are ridiculous for all but a standard adult compare to elsewhere. A ticket on the day was dearer for Sheffield Wednesday playing Brighton for an adult, up to £42 than us playing Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea. But the prices for OAPs, kids and youngsters was far less. So a bloke could take his two kids for far less than us. Grandparents can take grandkids cheaper.
    The same sort of thing applies at many PL clubs as well
    Maybe the ones who said it was a good idea because they would benefit personally so screw everybody else should have a period of reflection on what deluded, selfish ****s they are.

13. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

For the record, I hate the scheme because of the lack of concessions and that's why I didn't sign up.

Seems a little ironic claiming people who are happy because it benefits them are selfish ****s when you'd be ok with other people being happy if it benefitted them.

Anyhow, the only real protests have been not buying and cancelling. The red card protest helped a bit but I think there should have been more constant lobbying by the various supporter groups.

I find it odd the drop in numbers isn't flagging up for the club. Although it's possible the Allams don't give a **** now so are just focussed on selling.

People wanted them out so hardly something to complain about.

14. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Ive also taken the same protest line however I think part of the problem nationally and indeed locally is that people don't know that we're doing this. Instead they just think we've got **** support.

I wonder if we could get a press release out with undersigned the name of everyone who refuses to attend / hand over any more money until they've left? That'd take some co-ordinating like, maybe a campaign across the various messageboards for people to put forward their name as a protester, but it would get the message home.

highpeak tiger and PLT like this.
  15. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Happy, there is a difference between people being happy if something benefits them and people who couldn't give a **** about others as long as they are OK.

16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Hull City club secretary Matt Wild resigns - and will join Wolverhampton Wanderers

Hull City club secretary Matt Wild has become the latest senior figure to head towards the exit door at the KCOM Stadium after resigning from a post he has held since 2013.

The Mail understands Wild handed in his notice last week but will remain with the Tigers until after the January transfer window before joining Championship club Wolverhampton Wanderers.

As well as being a trusted ally of former manager Steve Bruce, Wild was also considered an influential figure in completing some of City's biggest transfers.

The club have yet to confirm the latest high-profile departure but the news follows the exit of first team coach Stephen Clemence, who joined Aston Villa two weeks ago.

Clemence has since been replaced by Neil McDonald and the former Blackpool boss will be in the dug-out alongside head coach Mike Phelan for tonight's EFL Cup tie at Bristol City.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/hull...9839482-detail/story.html#MGSK21hXLj2UF7rl.99

17. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

When they released it, didn't they say we could leave the scheme any time but a few weeks in, changed it to three months notice?

18. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Club Secretary is a really important role.

The Allams got rid of the last one (Phil Hough?) as part of that mad summer of sackings they had. Back then, pre name change, most people still thought they were brill. We couldn't play Aluko for the first few weeks after signing him because we didn't have a club secretary to sort out the paperwork. One of the many signs back then of the sheer ****wittery of the Allams. Yet most preferred not to see it.

19. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I think you might have imagined that Aluko thing, there was no period when he couldn't play, he played in our opening game of the season.

20. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Might have been friendlies or might have been the league cup game against Rotherham which was for some reason before the start of the league season, or a bit of both. I just remember he couldn't play because of the paperwork.