1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Yann M'Vila

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Commachio, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Yann M'Vila could be set to sign for Sunderland as quickly as this weekend, according to French newspaper L'Equipe on Saturday. They explain that the French midfielder is in advanced talks with Sunderland about a transfer and things look like they will be coming to a conclusion. They say the player and Premier League club are in 'very advanced' contacts and that a deal 'should' be done which sees M'Vila finally get a move to England.

The midfielder is owned by Rubin Kazan but was supposed to be joining Dynamo Moscow. That transfer was originally proposed for the winter window but collapsed, M'Vila had spent the previous half of the season with Inter Milan but that hadn't worked out either.

M'Vila is currently with Dynamo Moscow but not an official player of theirs yet, it's all a bit of a mess. He's in a huge row with the club and, apparently, has ransacked a house he was renting in Russia and then moved in with a French teammate for protection. GFFN relay the stories from France and say the Russian club's French translator Igor Tsarouche recently accused head of security Pavel Konovalov of beating foreign players up, if they didn’t pay fines dished out as routine. Allegedly M’Vila had got himself an axe for protection.

See, told you it was a mess.

As it sounds, M'Vila would probably run from Moscow to Sunderland, but the club will have to sort out the contractual mess - they may want to do that from a safe distance! Not your average transfer rumour.

2. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

This kid was a proper baller a few years ago and just made a few bad decisions career-wise. If he can get back to his best this would be a great buy. I think Arsenal were in for him a few years ago.

Exciting signing if it comes off without a doubt, if he arrived with the right attitude.

Mackem-Tiz likes this.
  3. Sam_Fring

Sam_Fring Well-Known Member

I thought the guy arsenal were in for was a defensive CM? Sure this is the same guy Terry? If so I remember him being very highly rated.

4. Sam_Fring

Sorry, obviously I haven't woken up yet!

5. Tel (they/them)

Yes mate he is a combative midfielder, very good with the ball at his feet (well he was). He's definitely not going to chip in with many goals, similar to Cattermole I guess but in my opinion he's much better with the ball.

He obviously went to Rubin Kazan for money over bigger teams, which would be my only concern.

6. smithy in nl

smithy in nl Well-Known Member

Not really the type of player we need like, Spose if bridcutt is moving on he will step in.

The Ultimate Mackem likes this.
  7. Sam_Fring

If he's a major upgrade on Catts, maybe it's time we lose sentiment and go for it?? Catts is mainly poor with the ball and his attempts to play out from the back are a ticking time bomb really. It's not his natural game.
    Rodwell appears to be improved when Catts isn't there too.

8. The Ultimate Mackem

The Ultimate Mackem Well-Known Member

If this lad has sorted his self out then cattermole wouldn't get a game. Plus his wages will be high so I can't see it happening.

Sam_Fring likes this.
  9. Sam_Fring

What would we get for Catts??

Mvilla with Rodwell as cover?!

Or maybe that's too controversial

10. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

I'd keep Catts in the team over this lad.

safcneville and Billy Death like this.

11. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

He sounds like a prick to me so yes, so would I.

12. Tel (they/them)

Cattermole shouldn't be sold for this guy, not until you see how he gets on. They're not that similar, they offer similar attributes but ripping out the heartbeat of your midfield and replacing him with a live wire could be suicidal.

I'd say the guy was more similar to Nigel De Jong than Cattermole.

I'm sure many of you would rather see other positions filled first?

13. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

Yes but if we can get someone Dick believes will improve us on a decent deal (sounds like we could get him on the cheap given the mental situation he's in), then why not?

I don't see why people are talking like it's either him or Cattermole. With Dick's 4-3-3, the full backs will be pushing up to help the attack so there's absolutely no problem with playing two midfield "anchors" - you said this lad is decent with the ball and Catts is improving in that area also so it's not like they won't contribute in any other way at all.

---------------------Pants-------------------
    Matthews----JOS----Kaboul-------PVA
    --------------Cattss-----M'Vila--------------
    -------------------Giacch--------------------
    Johnno-----------Defoe--------------Lens

Looks decent to me (assuming no other incomings)

smithy in nl likes this.
  14. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^ we will play 2 in front of the back 4, Dick obviously wants another CM to play next to catts, Dembele is this sort of player too, that transfer did not happen so ge is on to other options. Giacc or possible AJ will be our creative options by the look of it.

15. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

Agreed. About the bit in bold - I only put Giacch as he'd be my choice of what we have now. Ideally, we'd sign a real next level creative CM. That's where I'd be looking to spend the bulk of the kitty if I was DA. Mind, if Giacch can stay fit he's not exactly a bad option!! I also think Larsson will get a few games there - probably against the stronger teams where we're playing more defensively.

Lostinvegas likes this.
  16. Sam_Fring

Larsson??! I'd leave Catts out before him at the minute.

17. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

ALl I know about him is he turns into a top player on every football game.

18. Tel (they/them)

The double 6.

Could be an option mate.

If he gets back to his best I'd say Cattermole would eventually become redundant.

Interesting deal here, let's see if he comes, I think you lot would really like him.

19. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

His official Twitter account has liked the transfer link to Sunderland on twitter. Causing quite a stir

20. Sam_Fring

Ha I've just tweeted you about this. Looks very much like there's something in it. Will pressurise Catts and Rod to perform or lose their place.