1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Yellow Jacket Brigade...

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Aug 21, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

Well here we are, myself and alwaysright have been confronting them, complaining about them and writing about them for years, the inadequacies of the yellow jacket brigade.

Now they have reached another new low and made a complete tit of themselves;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-40992174

alwaysright likes this.
  2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

brb, I understand your use of 'tit' as a link to the reference to bras - but I'm sure you meant 'arse'
    On a more serious point - the searches, as described in the report constitute 'intimate' searches ( if they had been conducted by Police ) - and MUST be conducted out of sight of the public. These searches also require a degree of 'suspicion' against the person being searched - you cannot randomly search any and everybody - just because you've got a Hi Viz jacket. I was lead to believe that all searches by 'mere' stewards had to conform to the same criteria as apply to Police.

Stevenage need to review this situation - and certainly obtain legal advice ( and consult Police on 'powers of search'. ) - I'm getting really close to the end of my tether when I encounter a clown in all his / her glory. I would have no hesitation in taking legal action against Stevenage FC if they had tried their ticks on me.............................................

Next time we go to STevenage ( next season ?? ), I might wear a wire enforced boxer shorts!

3. brb

brb CR250

I'm afraid I've got to the stage with these idiots where i refuse to conform to their checks unless they physically stand in front of me for me to stop. If they had attempted to touch a female friend of mine in that manner (unless female themselves) - I would have no hesitation in knocking their frigging lights out.

I get security I honestly do, but when checks are getting to this level then I just feel it needs to be done by law enforcement only, not some jumped up arse in a yellow jacket, whether that be male or female. If they want respect they need to earn it, and after my experiences of the majority I have none what so ever.

But we've seen this for way too long now, yellow jackets over stepping their authority or any degree of common sense. I'm so glad Grimsby have brought a complaint and they have my full vocal support.

I think supporters have become too obliging with stewards, and it has allowed complacency in the methods and reasons, we need to drop the old british politeness and tell them to do one.

Yeah i get security checks in the current climate but then clubs need to pay for proper policing to carry out these methods and if they can't afford that and the game is deemed as high risk, then the game is cancelled until the EFL or FA get their act together financially to offer support due to higher levels of security.

Jeez there is enough money floating around at the top for us to be protected by proper law enforcers or are the money men themselves not taking the risks seriously, rather than putting the onus on the clubs or are we merely waiting for another Hillsborough policing failure and put the blame entirely on the fans and club /chairman rather than the bodies that govern us with greed?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  4. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Whilst not a fan of the yellow jacket brigade, I accept that security searches are now commonplace; at the Etihad last season they were even using hand held body scanners on everyone before they went into the stadium, as well as the now usual bag search. As far as security searches for fans entering grounds is concerned I would think that all the operatives are doing is carrying out instructions that they have received from their superiors, and in this particular case it seems evident that the trail of responsibility should be carried on upwards. The article comments that it is Stevenage FC who are commenting on the accusations, and at the moment they do not appear to be pointing the finger at anyone lower down that particular food chain.

It has been well documented that these people (YJB) mostly lack common sense and / or an ability to assimilate situations and act accordingly, but in a situation when you are but a foot soldier in the army of administration you act accordingly, by not questioning orders that you are given, however idiotic, or in this case potentially illegal they may be.

The only conclusion I can draw from this is that, unfortunately, there are decision makers at much higher levels who also lack the common sense and / or an ability to assimilate situations and make decisions accordingly.

brb, alwaysright and grumpygit like this.
  5. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

It's all well and good blaming the people at the top, but the question is, Do They Wear a Yellow Jacket. :emoticon-0136-giggl

itstimupnorth likes this.
  6. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Only if they've been trained at Butlins<cracker>