1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread York 1-2 Plymouth A

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Twelfth league win of the season from seventeen games played...impressive.

It seems that we dominated the first half.....scoring two goals through Jervis and Carey....but it seems that we should have scored quite a few more.

We continued in the second half in full control of the match.......but we couldn't finish the game off.... and in the 8th minute of injury time York pulled one back....which left it too uncomfortable in the end seeing how we had dominated the match with ease.

Although our defence is doing well we seem to be depending too much on them......plenty of goal chances created but not enough converted.

Bittner came through what must of been an ordeal for him...starting his first league match at 33 yrs of age.....nearly keeping a clean sheet.....York being one of our easier games so far....why couldn't we win more comfortably.

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Well happy to get another 3 points on the road.. The next away one hopefully will bring plenty of goals as its against the bottom team..

I see on sky sports football show today they were praising up Adams, it was our Friend that fat bloke Evans!! Also Carey so it will alert others of how well we are doing. But we need to keep going and gaining the points.. Yes 10 minutes injury time today?

3. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Joe- The 10 mins was due to a serious head injury (accidental) to one of their players . Sadly I couldn't justify getting there today so had to settle for Sparksy. Full respect though to the 700+ argyle fans there and safe journey home in what must be some fairly awful conditions. Sounded like a good performance, albeit against an obviously struggling team. Good to hear DA confirming that contract extensions are being discussed (I told you so)-lets hope we can keep everyone in Jan. Not too bothered about getting anyone else in except perhaps cover for Luke-Bittner is by all accounts a good coach but his record suggests he is probably not a reliable understudy. So keep the current loanees and tie up pretty everyone else for a couple of years and all will be well.

4. Greenarmyjoe

Yep- i did hear that on the sky sports .. as it was featured game.. Next up Excretia..

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well chuffed with an away win whoever it's against. Another decent 3 points and Bittner nearly got his clean sheet on his debut start. It is a worry though because we/ve been used to good keepers and have more often than not had 2 of reasonably equal standing. Would not want to rely on Bittner to keep the ball out for too long.

According to the beeb football site we dominated this game virtually throughout. I was disappointed when we let one in so late. Especially as I did 2 - 1 all last season and went for 2 - 0 today. Watched the Sky results channel this afternoon as grandson was here and virtually took over everything else. They did talk about Argyle quite a bit today which made a change to hear. Mind you no premiership or championship so quess they were struggling for something to talk about at all.

6. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

I listened to the game at 1am Down Under.
    Great result.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Probably a better time than when at home BC. At least you can have a glass or two at that time of night rather than with your Cornflakes.

8. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

And so we roll on. I was worried about this one after the cup defeats but it sounds as though we bossed it particularly in the first half. God knows how many we'd be scoring if Reuben Reid was fit. I have my tickets for next Saturday. Either way, it's the same 3 points as every other game but a win would turn the feel-good factor up another notch.

9. Greenarmyjoe

Yes the wagon is rolling on well and cant see it coming to a halt next week,, unfortunately cant make that one as had an invite, but have the tickets for Dagenham away the following week..

10. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

With Portsmouth only drawing today....that gives Argyle a 9pt cushion for automatic promotion after 17 games.

When you consider how Portsmouth where favourites to win the league...and also beating Argyle early on.....now finding themselves 9pts adrift.....things are going well for us.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've said it before and will say it again, Portsmouth are currently underperforming and this is not the first season either. Given their squad they should be up where we are. We are beginning to stack up a few injuries now and it is definately exposing our numbers. Could do with a couple coming back. We aren't missing them as such but we will if we have anymore to add to the list.

I don't think next week will be easy in any shape or form. There aren't any easy ones as the prediction league testifies to. The good bit will be the crowd size and I would guess a load of Exeter fans will be kean to attend in the hope that they can knock us as we are top.