1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread You Keep Me Hanging On Chairboys v Donny 22April17

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They have Cheltenham away then Doncaster at home
    Newport have Carlisle away then Notts C at home
    Cheltenham just need a draw against Hartlepool to be safe

At present, any one of the 3 could go down

2. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

Excellent game today, as well as weve palyed in the league all season! 2 slightly scrappy goals and thiers a defelected fluke, but other than that the game was of a good quality! Whole back 4 excellent, especially harriman, bean did well in front of them and bayo was a constant annoyance as ever! You have to wonder where these performances were earlier in the season, and the atmosphere too which was excellent today!

Ultimately I think the games against cheltenham and mansfield have cost us the playoffs - however we can only win our games and see what happens. I'll be at morecambe regardless, and if we win there we know we will have something to play for on the last day of the season!

3. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

That's two of us from this site going could be a good away crowd

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Right you faithless fecking lot, I am going to say very loudly "I TOLD YOU SO". Why are you still looking at who is playing who when you aren't involved in that game. All you can do is influence games you are taking part in. If you win them then who knows where you will end up. At least you've gone from "oh dear we're doomed Mr Mainwaring" to believing you might have a chance. Why have I got more faith in your lot than you have? You will have to buck up at least until it's impossible.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

upload_2017-4-22_22-16-23.png

For us to be in a position where a win against Cambridge would secure a play off place (without having to rely on other teams failing) we firstly have to beat Morecambe on Saturday then going into the last game 3 of Blackpool, Stevenage, Mansfield and Carlisle should be on less than 78 points. As that is most unlikely then, even winning both games will leave us relying on other teams to fail. Nail biting times for the optimist. How we got here with two bad losing runs is beyond me. If we had just won one of those games that we should have won, we would be as good as there.

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Stevenage are wobbling just like Carlisle have done. I repeat just win your two games and bollox to what others have to do. No reason why you can't and if it isn't enough then you at least had a go. Who would have given Newport a hope in hell 5 games ago? Only the ever so Newport tinted faithful and even they thought it needed a miracle. If they can get to where they are now given their plight previously then you lot can win 2 games.

Guywanderer likes this.
  7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Part of the fun Greeny. Thanks for taking 2 points away from Colchester. That's as good as put paid to their hopes.

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm hopeful we can win our last 2 games after today's performance but we still rely on other teams failing. Next Saturday night either it will all be over or we will be watching nervously the following week.

9. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Win against Morecambe and I will be happy going into the last game with a chance the atmosphere will be electric

10. philhythe

You are happy for us Greeny we have given you the chance to win the league, the one thing I must admit to though I am glad I can no longer make games at home every week IT MUST BE SO BL**DY FRUSTRATING we have taken 7 points from the top three at home & then go 2-0 down at home to Cheltenham who would be a football supporter

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Against the 3 teams that will be promoted automatically our record is
    P W D. L ..F .. A .Pts
    6. 2. 3. 1. 11. 11. 9

12. philhythe

Which is not a bad record

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not bad at all. I think we should skip play offs and base the 4th promotion on performance against the auto promoted