1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your bubble is going to burst!

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by colu_mike7, Jan 16, 2015.

1. colu_mike7

colu_mike7 Active Member

Don't get too excited yet Chavboys, you lot are experts at bottling it, dream on if you think your tin-pot outfit is going to get promoted! <cheers>

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

With our small squad and having lost 2 promising players in the last couple of weeks we don't expect promotion.

Our objective was to get clear of the relegation zone asap. Objective achieved. What's yours?

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't do yourself down Ron. I along with probably quite a few others have sort of been waiting for your bubble to burst and have ended up waiting and waiting and waiting...... It's quite amazing what momentum will do for a side and a result habit. One thing for sure is you won't be in a dog fight at the other end. Not sure what you did for PC-H in his time with you but having read some of the comments following his departure I have to say, apart from the pace thing, that it isn't the player I recognise from his Plymouth days. Ok at best with a dodgy attitude is how I would describe. Your Manager must be doing something right so give him the benefit and see where he can take you. The rest of the trailing pack isn't that great including ourselves and we keep dropping points with the others all over the place.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've always had faith in him as a manager (ask mowgli <laugh>) and he has built a fantastic (but very small) squad. The problem will be suspensions, injuries and having players nicked. If we could get through the season with a fully fit team then we have a chance of promotion. But that is a very big if. Whatever happens now, we have had a fantastic 6 months and are safe.

5. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

tbf paris looked a lot like that when he first showed up, but ainsworth really saw potential clearly and managed to change his attitude, and seemed to be getting better and better

Ive been expecting our bubble to burst for quite a while, and only now are most fans honestly thinking about promotion

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I only do home games so have only seen half the league so far down here. Some of the sides are woeful to say the least even against us who have sometimes looked average. Consistency is the key and your team has it in spades. It would take all of the wheels to come off at the same time for you to struggle so that one is sorted already. 50/50 results from here on in would still probably see you in the top 3 come the end. You definately were one of the better sides so far along with Shrewsbury who I was reasonably impressed with. The rest have been average or less.

We would need to step it up if we are going to get into the automatic places and it isn't looking like we are going to get consistant anytime soon. The others in the chasing pack are much the same. The only thing that will stop you is for a couple of sides to really pick up and burst out of the remainder. There often is one side that does it but not more than one. I think you just might be ok. Good luck to you anyway.

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks and good luck to you <cheers>

8. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

Looks like your lot bottled it from day 1 Mike

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

How was that for seeing into the future and it all arrived today. You get a draw away to Bury which is a decent enough result and makes you probably safe from any relegation with 51 points and a load of games to go and we go and chuck the points at Luton who were not the best I've seen by a long shot either. I hate this bleddy game.

10. Blue_Slasher

Thought Luton looked pretty decent when they came to us. Although I didn't go yesterday it sounded like we should have won the game. The pitch was diabolical and hey scored when the ball got caught up in the water and Mawson couldn't control it. Think we needed at least a point after the recent departures of Paris and Scowen. The belief is obviously still there

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm not sure what I would prefer, promotion or taking 6 points off Colchester next season. <whistle>

12. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

6 points off col ewe would be great

13. Blue_Slasher

Hey rocky. Remember that cab ride with those col ewe fans. Thought it was definitely gonna kick off

14. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Ships passing in the night springs to mind

kiwiqpr likes this.