1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£2 mill and City could be yours.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by DMD, Sep 16, 2015.

1. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It's vogue now.

2. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

He doesn't even bother mentioning the FA now, even though they are the ones who decided on the name change issue.

3. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Since when was the team and the stadium the same thing? When has anyone from Hull put money into Hull City?
    Sometimes your insular Hull attitude prevents you seeing the blindingly obvious.

Not all shareholders of the company or customers of it lived in Hull BTW. Mind you I have always said the main motivation of some involved was the preservation of Hull FC.

4. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

I can't buy that. If you look at his company and the money it makes, anything he gets in from City is probably just loose change. I can't see him getting anywhere near all of his money back so I don't think he'll make money from the club in that sense. I think he likes the fame, he's now pretty much well known throughout the UK and pretty much anywhere that watches the PL. That can only be good surely for Allam Marine

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

You keep confusing shareholders with the company that the shares represent. It doesn't make a jot of difference who bought the shares, it was a part of Hull City Council that ran the company on behalf of the citizens of Hull.

Of course, the ground doesn't matter, City's growth in the last decade and a half would have happened without the Council money....wouldn't it?

6. Barchullona

It wouldn't have grown without Pearson's involvement who stepped in seeing an opportunity when no one from Hull could or would see one.

7. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

And Pearson wouldn't have got involved without the clear promise of the stadium, which was funded by the citizens of Hull.

Why the **** you keep chirruping on as though there's some issue between Hull folk and ER is lost on me. It's your argument, you just keep on trying to make out it's others with the issues.

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He gets £3-4m a year in interest, that's not loose change to anyone.

9. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

If he's well known throughout the UK & anywhere that watches the PL because of his involvement with HCAFC then he's well known as a bumbling buffoon & an object of idiocy. I'm sure it's great fir Allam Marine.

"Listen to that knob cheese bumbling out a load of lies, threats & bollocks. I think I'll get online & order a generator."

10. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

And he saves a bundle in tax between his companies by offsetting losses.

11. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Anybody who had 10s or hundreds of millions wouldnt be living in Hull anyway would they.
    So to suggest somebody from Hull could
    Buy the club is a non starter.
    And he quite plainly bought it thinking the stadium and surrounding land would be handed on a plate.

12. Barchullona

Pearson thought that?

13. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

The club have one vice president who lives well within the Hull boundary is Hull born and bred and made his money in Hull. It is foolish to think that anyone who lives in Hull has no money.

PLT likes this.
  14. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Yeah them rich bastardy bastards can **** off. Jeremy will sort 'em out. What a load of bollox that statement is.

15. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

It is, to me... :emoticon-0164-cash:

16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The Vice Presidents are all honorary, none of them own any part of the club.

Though I agree that it's foolish to think that anyone who lives in Hull has no money.

17. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Got a bit nasty this thread. I'm wary about sticking my head above the parrot pit and give my opinion...

18. Bigelow

Bigelow Well-Known Member

I'm neither a Allam fan or hater.

But he knows way more about what happens behind the scenes than a bunch of people on an internet forum. A lot of stuff spouted on here by some people is either; assumptions, hearsay or bias based on their own displeasure for the guy.

He may have been the worst owner we have ever had but he has also been the best we have ever had and probably one of the best chairmen that most clubs have ever had.

The way he goes about things is disastrous and his PR skills are offensive and abysmal but the root of what he wanted to do (righ or wrong) was always with him trying to take the club to a the next level - a level the club has never been at before.

I thank him for everything he has done for the club and brought me some of the happiest memories in the clubs history. I will be glad to see the back of him because the club now needs to move on as it's all turned a bit bitter. However. I will say the best reason for seeing him go is no longer having to listen to the people who are consumed by him and can't talk about anything else but him.

19. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

You could go to a parrot pet shop and ask them for advice.

20. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Nobody said they have no money but a few million isnt enough to take over the tigers
    Look how much the Allams had to put in originally.
    Id have to have over £300 million before i even contemplated it