1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£300 million Bid lodged (sky sports claim)

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Nolberto's Salsa Inferno, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

This is it. We just don't generate enough money to allow us to compete. We don't have an owner that is willing to pump his own money in. I'm sure if we stay up we'd get a bit more through the TV deal like McClaren did. I don't think he will sanction too much before then though because it would carry too much personal risk.

2. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

So, Rafa says he knew a few weeks ago that the club won't be sold just yet.

We then get a bit of guff in the paper saying MA would not sell to PCP

PCP counter argue saying "you're a plum"

All of a sudden we are looking to buy players with a striker even being linked that would break our transfer record.

Is it just me that thinks this is all a ploy to have reasonable transfer fees for January then we suddenly get sold to PCP?

3. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Been saying this for weeks, its all just a ploy. Stay Calm and Carry On! Messi-Ronaldo-Neymar front three by 1st Feb.

Flash likes this.
  4. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Utter garbage. Where's the Fun88 money? We've already covered how he stitches the club up by taking SD ad space for free. He clearly lies about that too - claiming interest payments on his loans would be more than we would get. Utter, utter horseshit. For one, if we had advertising revenue that directly contributes to being able to pay more salaries; by stopping this has hamstrung the squad. Secondly, the loans and amount we 'should' repay are only there because he's such a complete ****ing moron and made a series of baffling decisions resulting in two relegations. He's ****ing responsible for relegation so, really, should be picking up the tab for free. He's not done it out of a sense of benevolence, ffs.

Where's all the money we don't spend on a competent board? Where's NUFC's share of the sale of the land behind the Gallowgate? Where's the money we generated from the likes of Sissoko? Some will have been swallowed up by the relegation HE caused.

The man is beyond cancer. Sociopathic liar with nothing but self interest at stake. An unfathomably rich idiot with all the charm and sophistication of a pus-filled polyp on the anus of humanity.

LiamO, Dimi, Kryptonite and 1 other person like this.
  5. Warmir Pouchov

The market value of anything for sale may to some be defined as what someone is prepared to pay for it, but the sale price is always the vendor is prepared to let it go for.

Even if we take the three options purportedly put forward by Staveley/PCP - two of those appear to insist on a relegation clause amongst other things. So even before the issue of time in a window to purchase players became an issue, they appear to have little confidence in the manager and players being able to retain Premier League status. Two of the three deals were to be paid in installments. That is equally as worrying as any of Mike Ashley's behaviour in a lot of ways. Why if they are so flush do they need to do this?

Coming back to the original point though, PCP's offer falls someway below Mike bottom end valuation. You can run through the 130m debt, the playing squad value (say 130m for arguments sake), the value of the ground, brand, training facilities etc. Mike values it at 350m. So we go back to line one. The market value of something is only part of the equation when it comes to the sale price.

I'm concerned by the PCP behaviour pattern and media machine. They appear to be playing on the fans tune of "anyone but Ashley", and the threat of his asset devaluing with relegation. Its working overtime and it does have a whiff of trying to put pressure on someone to sell on the cheap. He is far too smart for them.

This is all normal business. I can understand the frustrations of those who want Ashley gone. I'd just be careful about jumping into bed and riding Amanda bareback. There might be something nasty lurking unseen.

Fork Handles likes this.
  6. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Yes, they are playing clever PR games with the fans. Ask yourself this - would it really be a good idea to be throwing out the notion of investing £200m, then after you buy the club turn around and say "HA! Fooled ya!". Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. They have to know that the numbers they are suggesting are real, and what is needed. If they don't have that money, PCP should be talking to Leeds. I genuinely don't think there's any sense in buying something you can't afford, particularly when she clearly cares about her reputation. She must know what public comments do. So I don't buy it, mate. Ashley is taking everyone for mugs again.

No johnny's for me, I'm going balls deep.

7. Warmir Pouchov

The books don't lie though do they. The accounts for 2016 were not great. We have spent 103m and generated 108m since Rafa took over (I think). We had a relegation and massive drop in finances as a result. The manager has been allowed to spend all that Sissoko money unfortunately. I think the Sissoko money in particular may be in installments too to make things worse. Whereas we pay up front on fees, we have allowed that. I understand though because if someone offered me 30m for Moussa Sissoko I'd let them pay how the **** they want to <laugh> I know its not massively inspiring how he spent it, but spend it he has.

8. G4rdToonArmy

Damned if he spent, damned if he didn't. Imagine going into the season with Gayle, Mitro and Armstrong as our attacking options and being where we are now... but then imgaine thinking Joselu would be a good buy!

Fully agree though Rafa has waster the majority of money he's had. Championship - players with not much more to offer than at that level - Clark, Ritchie, Gayle. £30m right there. Money wasted on Joselu, Manquillo, Gamez, Lejuene hasn't played enough but did we NEED him? Diame was fit for purpose in the Championship and done ok recently but again could we have saved money there?

Hasn't shifted any of the deadwood either but not sure who that's down to at the end of the day but could have sold Gamez, Haidara, Colback, Saviet over the summer but didn't. Gayle could have gone preseason to Leeds/Wolves for £15m and then add the £5 wasted on Joselu and we could have had a half competent striker in, Mitro and Mbemba aren't being used so why not sell - although they are two of the players I actually rate in the squad?

Again damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

Who'd be a manager?

9. Warmir Pouchov

It has been far from easy for him. It takes great manipulation and management skills to manage a club where resources are so tight. He has done ok managing the side. However he has undoubtedly hampered himself off the pitch with his transfer work for me. I just don't think he backed himself enough in the Championship. He could have made this season easier by managing funds better.

Maybe in his mind it was two fold though. One Ashley could be persuaded to part with more money so worry about it then. Which would be a dreamers outlook but a little foolish. Perhaps the 2nd factor would be though that he couldn't afford a failure for his own career after his time at Real, the failure to save us from relegation. Failure to get promoted may have been too unpalatable to him, and he'd always have the excuse the year after that we didn't have enough money to compete. Who knows. I'd like to think not the latter though, as it would mean he never fully committed, but managers are every bit as selfish as players now.

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  10. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

And you’re assuming that the money not spent last year would still have been available this summer. With Ashley that’s a dangerous assumption and one I would guess would have been wrong.

11. Warmir Pouchov

It would not be shocking to hear he wouldn't have let him. However I think he would. I can only judge off what has transpired. He seems to determined to only allow funds the club generates to be spent. He made that very clear so there is no point whinging about it now, its milk that is already all over the floor.

The club generated those funds, so I think he would have been allowed to spend it. Whether he did it then or now, he has been allowed to spend it. Nobody can argue with this, he's given him the money which has come in to build his own squad. I think if we stay up, and Ashley is still here, he'd allow him to spend again in the summer as the TV money will have been banked. I actually think he will allow to spend ahead this window if the players can be found. Simply because it suits him.

I'd love nothing better than to say Ashley is a ****. I don't like him. However purely on an honesty point of view, he has been true to his word for a number of years now. Bar his drunken promise about winning something - which we all laughed at anyway. I think this is why Rafa has said nothing and just stuck at it. He has been told what rules of the game are, then they have been applied. Of course the disappointing thing in football is that transfer work isn't a straightforward process unless you are chucking money at it for fun. Rafa has been around long enough to know that, hence he has not been too openly critical of his boss.

12. G4rdToonArmy

13. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

How it should be done. Something did seem amiss over the way it was handled. I am of the opinion it was all BS and we are not getting bought out

14. Blacker-than-Knight

I doubt outside of the local media and fans that anyone was particularly bothered by this or even cared as far as the national media are concerned, the Circus that Ashley has developed is a gift to national media and far more news worthy than Wigan.

15. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

and this is why I believe all along that it's been a big publicity stunt, by the fat curry (cant find a word that ryhmes)

16. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

17. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Apparently its included in the deal. New owners insisted.

18. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

19. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Think you might be safe ACS....FFS!

J. J. McClure likes this.
  20. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

upload_2018-1-30_12-33-9.jpeg