1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

“I found out my contract hadn’t been extended through the press officer'...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, May 31, 2018.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I remember a job I had years ago. They were trying to sack me, they had no grounds like, but l resigned as I had a place at uni. Sweetest day my last at work. I wandered around the building for ages, as the **** tried to avoid me, he thought I was going to twat him. I smiled at him and shook his hand and said I'd look out for him and would keep in touch. He went white.
    That's what DM should do.

2. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

It's also a very stupid way to treat someone your club is going desperately need, if you have even the lowliest ambition, like not getting relegated.

3. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

I don't think reduced terms was unreasonable given his contribution in the last couple years but you're right he would have been useful to keep at the club.

Chazz Rheinhold and Kempton like this.
  4. Chazz Rheinhold

Agreed.
    We aren't going to pay excessively for players, hard times, but there is no reason we can't get in young hungry players with a point to prove. Millwall did it, preston did it.
    A lot of posters need to remeber no club makes money in the championship, they rely on an owner putting in his own money.
    Until they go we won't know who we are getting and what they're prepared to do for the club.

5. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Bloody shambles of a club, run by a clueless asshole, heading for GKW (God knows where)

6. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

We will also have more income than at least 15/16 other clubs next year but probably have a wage bill in the bottom 5.

None of us want ridiculous signings we just want a strategy we don't want to buy 10 and sell 10 every summer it will not work. You mention Preston and Millwall (Add Brentford to that) they have built up slowly over time with a strategy to their transfers. They don't just let players contracts run down every summer and sign a whole new team or rely solely on loanees.

We have no strategy, if we invested properly last summer would could have won promotion. You constantly banged on about it being a terrible division and what Warnock did and you are right. But we won't get careful investment we will get a random group put together with no thought too it whatsoever.

I don't want to pay excessively for players but the parachute payments where there for a reason and that was to give us a chance to go straight back up. The Allams didn't try they just want their money back as they ****ed up big style by not selling us when we where in the Premier League. Careful investment could have seen them make a huge profit, they have still probably done well but messed up royally.

7. Chazz Rheinhold

Of course there was a strategy. If we could have got real money for Meyler Dawson etc last season they would have gone. That's the strategy, like it or not.
    The parachute money is the debt they are owed. We still had a wage bill of around30 million, I think, posters forget that too. This is all business now and they've far from messed up in a business sense. They're guaranteed their money now and what happens afterwards they don't care.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  8. Chazz Rheinhold

How much every Championship side cost to assemble - and promoted Wolves aren't even in the top three
    Does spending equal success? Here's how much each side have shelled out in transfer fees to get where they are.
    Not going to post all of them but according to this
    3. Middlesbrough
    Squad Cost: £62.7m

League Position: 5

2017/18 record signing: Britt Assombalonga from Nottingham Forest for £15m

2. Hull City
    Squad Cost: £62.7m

League Position: 18

2017/18 record signing: Eight players for undisclosed fees

9. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Who's number 1?

10. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

how does our squad equal 62m?

11. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

going to guess
    villa

12. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Who have they included in the 17/18 squad for a value of over £60m? The squad that finished the season was worth nowhere near £60m.

13. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Laid down in a long row, probably over 62m.

14. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

That's a strategy to get the most money out the club, not to build a squad. I agreed with you we wouldn't of got much for Dawson and Meyer. The issue is needing to sign 10 players every summer, you will never succeed. I didn't forget we had a 30m wage bill but last year we will have made an excellent profit and we will this year.

We don't have that wage bill now, and we might have done but the parachute payments where higher and sold players worth a fortune. The Allams chose not to invest and missed a chance to get us back into the PL and signed a group of random players.

They might get their money back but they could have got far more for us with prudent investment, they had offers in the PL for far more money. They are now taking a short term low risk strategy which will get their money back and that's because they failed previously.

Kempton and balkan tiger like this.
  15. Chazz Rheinhold

We were for sale for 100 million, that's basically the three years parachute payments.
    Again it's easy to say we made a profit, we can't when we're 80?? Million in debt. That's a loan to the Allams, so the Allams are getting the "profit" as what is owed to them.
    To invest on top isn't going t get their money back on a gamble of promotion is it, as it is only a gamble. Boro blew 60 million on transfers this season on that.
    There's no guarantee, this way there's a guarantee.

ImperialTiger and howdentiger like this.
  16. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Their aim was never to get their money back.
    Those who know them know they are driven by money, ego and legacy.
    They intended to make a fortune from a 'gift'. ****ed it up.
    They intended to leave a (positive) legacy. ****ed it up.
    The only thing still in tact is ego, being a big part of what has ****ed it all up.
    The ****s.

17. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It doesn't, that figure is complete bollocks.

18. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

The £62m figure is how much the squad cost to assemble, not how much it is worth. It's probably fairly accurate. Hernandez and Grosicki probably make up a third of that.

19. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

It must include Mason as well to reach that figure

20. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It cost roughly £50m to assemble last seasons squad and considering that's across five years, with three of those years in the Premier League, it's really not that high.