1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

“I found out my contract hadn’t been extended through the press officer'...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, May 31, 2018.

1. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

You can't make a profit when you have a debt? What are you on about? I imagine a significant proportion of companies have a debt yet make a profit, including mine. HMRC would definitely disagree with you.

There is no guarantee in life, of course there isn't. But if we spent more money or invested better would we have a better chance of promotion? Of course we would.

As I said we haven't got a strategy to build a squad, we haven't for years, you haven't been able to deny that. The Allams are asset stripping, when they could have built a club (And a business) and made far more profit. A lot of clubs invest and do well, a lot of clubs don't. Similar with all businesses there is some risk involved the Allams haven't taken any and have lost out on a lot of money. They could have sold the club for more than £100m, if we where in the Premier League now and we had offers of more than £100m before.

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

You don't really get things do you no matter how many times they are said.
    It's risk. They aren't prepared to take one. So they're getting their money out safely. I imagine they're quite happy with what they are taking out.

3. City1904

I completely get that. Where have I said there isn't a risk? Please feel free to point that out. I have pointed out numerous times that in business people have to put investment in to get rewards. I am sure they are happy, and I am sure they are aware they could have got far more out as well.

4. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

Finally you get it - it's like you've just seen the light - the Allams pumped millions into the club - Brucie ****ed all that up by getting us relegated and that was the end of any investment and it was time to recoup the debt - which is why we are where we are -- he's just done exactly the same thing with Villa - spent millions and ****ed it up - now its time for them to balance the books as well - I bet Chester's well ****ed off with him - he was sold by us because Brucie ****ed up - now he'll be sold by Villa because Bruce ****ed up - if I was him I'd make sure its part of his next contract that he gets a relocation allowance if Brucie ever comes to the club

5. Chazz Rheinhold

Stop been **** pal.
    Dimatteo spent a fortune and they were in **** street while in the pl. Bruce spent aminiscule amount and had to sell as well. Go look it up.
    You still conveniently forget all the money recouped on Bruce's transfer dealings with us.

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

What a load of baseless, inaccurate, drivel.

7. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Having knownbpeople that have worked and dealt with him it' exactly what i expect.
    Still people will go back for more !

8. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

You can't even manage your 606 account, never mind a football club <laugh>

9. City1904

I completely and utterly disagree with Charon normally...

But Villa must have a huge wage bill. The players they signed this summer didn't cost much in fees but Terry, Elmo and Whelan will be on fortunes. He did also sign Lansbury, Hourihane, Bree, Taylor and Hogan last January for what must be a total of 20m? Hogan was 12m alone. Grabban is on a decent wage and didn't Bruce have an 8m guaranteed purchase in there?

I love Bruce for what he did here, and he was our best manager ever and he made us a fortune.

But for a strike force that cost a total of nearly 30m with Chester for 8m(?) and Terry, Elmo and Hutton on a fortune in wages. I think they underachiever this year. But Charon is just ridiculous sometimes with his opinions, but noone can deny Bruce had plenty of resources at Villa compared to Cardiff and even Fulham.

10. TigerMarv

TigerMarv Well-Known Member

Except Bruce left after getting us promoted it's what happened next with manager appointments and player recruitment that ****ed us up

11. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Yes, he left because the Allams told him there would be no open checkbook this time, so he threw his toys out the pram and spat his dummy out.

He can't work without having a budget 2x - 3x that of his close rivals.

Gone For A Walk and pudseytiger like this.
  12. Chazz Rheinhold

FTFY

13. TigerMarv

TigerMarv Well-Known Member

Because without Bruce we've done really well haven't we

14. Amin Yapusi

Without Bruce or the mega millions he was allowed to spend.

15. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

the Allams dug deep and gave Brucie a large warchest to consolidate our stay in the PL

June 2014 Jake Livermore Tottenham Hotspur Undisclosed[NB 1] [12]
    30 June 2014 Robert Snodgrass Norwich City Undisclosed[NB 2] [14]
    7 July 2014 Tom Ince Blackpool Free[NB 3] [15]
    29 July 2014 Harry Maguire Sheffield United £2,500,000 [20]
    29 July 2014 Andrew Robertson Dundee United £2.85 million [20]
    26 August 2014 Michael Dawson Tottenham Hotspur £3,500,000 [29][30]
    1 September 2014 Brian Lenihan Cork City Undisclosed [31][32]
    1 September 2014 Abel Hernández Palermo Undisclosed[NB 4] [34]
    1 September 2014 Mohamed Diamé West Ham United Undisclosed [35]
    1 January 2015 Greg Luer Burgess Hill Town Undisclosed [50]
    2 February 2015 Dame N'Doye Lokomotiv Moscow Undisclosed
    1 September 2014 Gastón Ramírez Southampton 30 June 2015 [35]
    1 September 2014 Hatem Ben Arfa Newcastle United 5 January 2015

I cant think of any other manager who would finish worse than they did the previous season with players of this quality joining the club - but Brucie managed to get us relegated through a combination of **** negative tactics - ie taking all the attackers off when we were winning eg Newcastle away, dropping most of our defence so he could play Junior - Macca and Curtis on naughty step for weeks and Maguire farmed out to Wigan - by Christmas that season we only had 16 points - even Phelan managed 13 with half a squad - I appreciate some people want to rewrite history, and even call it drivel - but after Brucie ****ed up this season there was no more similar investment again

howdentiger likes this.
  16. Amin Yapusi

To be fair we did spend a fair bit in 2016/17 but it was too late, rushed, disorganised and poorly executed.

Then Mick Phelan, who's managerial ability is on a par with Steve Bruce, was given a full half season to handicap his successor.

17. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

There’s no doubt that Bruce underperformed in his biggest spending season with us and has again at Villa this season, but the assertion that he’s the reason the Allams have taken their ball home is bollocks.

TigerMarv likes this.
  18. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

charon you seem incapable of having a balanced view about the good and bad of Bruce , it's like he did something personal to you

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  19. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I don't think Bruce is that way inclined, Newland.

20. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Charon is right.
    To argue otherwise is ridiculous.
    It's a fact that Bruce spent a fortune and the Allams were, probably understandably, not prepared to let him spunk anymore of their money.
    They then forced him out.
    Yes, it's also a fact that a lot of money was subsequently recouped on those signings.
    I don't blame the Allams for getting rid of Bruce. But how they got rid of him was disgraceful, and what followed from them was, and continues to be, appalling
    #bestrunclubthough
    p.s. it's like dejafuckingvu on here all over again