1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

“Mid season” thoughts and assessment

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPRski, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Wow! Having equalled Bolton's unenviable record, maybe we can win all seven on the trot?!! Certainly will go a long way to deciding our fate.

2. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

I'd give an OVERALL ASSESSMENT of: C+

We started off on the wrong foot by not putting the squad together earlier enough but now have the players (with a few January additions) who can certainly keep us up. We need to start picking up points on the road which should be doable with an easier (on paper) run so I'm hopeful we'll stay up.

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Col is right, our fate depends on 3 other teams being even worse than us. Our approach to away games is now a bad habit - if we had picked up 2 or 3 points away I would be a lot more optimistic. The game at Burnley is absolutely huge - not just the result but the way we set up and the approach will tell us a lot about our chances.

4. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Please find attached below a very interesting analysis from the BBC by Phil McNulty.

The link to the full article is: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30613002 but below I extract the QPR assessment:

Queens Park Rangers - 15th

SEASON SO FAR: At home good, away bad. QPR are a team than can play with real verve at times but too often disappear away from Loftus Road. Manager Harry Redknapp must know the losing streak away from home cannot be allowed to continue - it is high-risk should the home form fail.

HOW IS THE MANAGER DOING?: Redknapp's lot these days is simply keeping QPR up - there is no great expectation of trophies or finishing in the upper reaches of the Premier League. He looks capable of doing that - but will he eventually think that he wants more at this late stage of his career?

WHAT THEY NEED TO DO NEXT: Very easy. Keep hold of talismanic striker Charlie Austin - who must be on the brink of England recognition - in January and find a way to win away from home. This could decide their fate this season.

Did you know?: Harry Redknapp's side became the first since Bolton in 1995-96 to lose their opening nine away games in a Premier League season.
    _________

Thus there is no rocket science to what we need to do. Time to win away ...and od course keep hold of Charlie.
    ...plus I would add to pray that he stays injury free!

5. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I think you are absolutely correct that the Burnley game will a true indicator of our approach for the "easier" away game. I just hope that it will not be a nervous and shambolic affair like the recent Palace match.

Anyway, we do not need to wait too long to find out.

6. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Problem is that the Burnley game isn't really an easier game, they are no mugs at home, they are full of energy as they showed at City and will have a real go at us.......I would happily settle for a point there......

7. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

8. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Agee. We would surely have a better chance.

9. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Been unlucky away IMO a few times but it's very clear to anyone who knows football we are very fragile and need a new plan … any plan
    If we don't get an away point soon then we are down IMO

10. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I agree it will not be an easy match. But I believe that we need to continue with our good form against the lower teams, but in "away mode". If not, then I fear we will be trouble.