1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

10 Big Wans & 17 Goals Clear

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by BH1972RFC, Jan 27, 2010.

1. BH1972RFC

BH1972RFC Guest

Even if Celtic win their game in hand, with that amount of goal difference, then it's basically 8 points clear. Massive, massive swing in our favour tonight. Far from over but as long as we concentrate on winning our games then we'll go VERY close to winning the league.

Mowberry has lost the plot at Celtic big time. He better be praying that these new signings gel v.quickly as they could face a fight for 2nd place off Hibs!

Good times.

2. Maltese Mick

Maltese Mick Guest

What's scarey is I think you're right about the fight for second with Hibs. We didn't look that bad tonight, I thought we by in large dominated the game - the problem was that Hibs were very good. McGeady hardly got a look in, probably his quietest game this season as Hibs payed him a lot of attention and it definitely worked. He didn't have a second on the ball and there was **** all creativity coming from elsewhere. Hibs in fact played much better than Rangers did at Parkhead which is why I worry about our ability to even get second spot. We've quite a few players due back and a couple of the new boys yet to get a chance, I hope to **** they can pull it together. Hib's have quite a few decent pedigree players who were at one point tipped for big things, I think we should whack in a bid for Stokes - certainly better than Samaras who had another shocker.

3. BH1972RFC

BH1972RFC Guest

Another thing for Celtic fans and the board to worry about tonight was the attendance Mick. Ok it was a midweek game but 41,000? It looks like the old balance sheet trophy could be up for grabs ;-)

I didn't watch or listen to the Celtic game as was obviously watching ours and thank fook that 2nd goal went in as had St Mirren scored then I couldn't see us getting a winner. You could tell that Miller isn't keen on playing with Lafferty (who would be!) with his body language. Little lay offs he was making would've put in Boyd but Lafferty just doesn't have that strikers instinct to get into those positions. I reckon if we win our next 3 games on the bounce then we could be home and hosed as Celtic have a cheeky few games coming up and I can see them dropping points. They just can't keep a clean sheet and the strikers are missing far too many gilt-edged chances. Stokes would be a good signing for Celtic but it seems as though your final purchase of the window will be Lee Wallace for left back.

Who knows Mick, but it's not boding well for Celtic or Mowbray at the moment.

4. Maltese Mick

Maltese Mick Guest

If it was Strachan in charge there'd be ****in riots. Mowbray's time is fast running out but I'm not sure it's possible to replace him with anyone better.

5. Johnbhoy#7

Johnbhoy#7 Member

Good post BH spot on with everything you have said there. Ive watched Celtic play well many times this season BUT NOT WIN and there is something wrong with that. If you take your chances then you win games. If you play well and dont take your chances you dont win games. Rangers arent playing well but are defending well and being ruthless in front of goal. Celtic only had to win their last 3 home games and they would only be 1 point behind Rangers with a game in hand but by only taking 2 points from 9 at home they now find themselves 10 points behind with a game in hand. Its all changed very quickly since the middle of December where Celtic have dropped 11 points and Rangers have dropped only 4.