1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

12th September season start date confirmed

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Dave_39, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Dave_39

Dave_39 Well-Known Member

The EFL today confirmed that the 2020-21 season will get underway across the Sky Bet Championship, League One and League Two on the weekend of 12th September.

The 2020-21 campaign will conclude on the 8th and 9th May 2021, with the Sky Bet Play-Off Finals reverting back to the Spring Bank Holiday weekend at the end of May.

Work is currently underway in respect of fixture scheduling and details will be announced in due course as to when full fixture lists for 2020-21 will be made available.

https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2020/july/2020-21-start-date-confirmed

lots of midweek games

2. Gatesy

Gatesy Well-Known Member

Good, now get the players back and get some new ones in. Starting with Marcus Maddison

3. Dave_39

4. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Can't wait, onwards and upwards.

5. Sandy Camel

Sandy Camel Well-Known Member

H'way the new season there mate. Promotion here we come.

6. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

And then you woke up Sandy.
    admire your enthusiasm though.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  7. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Get the masks on ready for the new season, anything to watch the lads nothing will stop us watching our team !.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  8. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Can I have some of what you are drinking please

9. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

I'm not going anywhere until it is safe

10. sheepman

sheepman Well-Known Member

Thread on RTG saying they are hoping to allow 25% capacity. That would be about 12000 presuming no away fans and the cheapskates open the top tier God knows how they would police the concourse at half time

11. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

That’s probably about what we will get until the chancers sell up anyway tbh

12. sheepman

Combination of the virus and the current owner will put a lot of people off
    Not sure I'll be rushing back any time soon under the current restrictions.
    Went to the pub the other day and apart from catching up with friends it wasn't a brilliant experience.

rooch 3 likes this.
  13. C19RK73

It’s a strange world out there, I had a hospital appt on Monday at 18:25 (shielding) I went to the automated check in and the only other patient in the whole world walked right up behind me, same when I took the dog over the beach I was looking at the meter number to pay for parking and a bloke walked up and put his money in right next to my face, that’s the last two times I’ve been out, got nee chance of me going anywhere on mass as yet marra

Blond Bombshell and sheepman like this.
  14. Sandy Camel

Sandy Camel Well-Known Member

Never. Promotion is there for the taking and we're ****ing taking it me old marra. Having said that, I've thought this for the last two seasons so what do I know.

15. sheepman

You're right seems to be a complete divide happening. Loads of people have just switched back into "I don't give a ****" mode but then theres the other half who have had people suffer from the virus or are shielding who are still being rightly cautious. Lost my mother in law to this awful disease and have my eldest daughter shielding due to some health issues haven't seen her properly for ages. I'm with you on this one let the young uns enjoy themselves but I'm not going back for a while

16. C19RK73

Sorry to hear about the mother-in-law and I hope your daughter remains safe mate, it’s so difficult to comprehend how folk for one reason or another don’t get it, it’s the same people who don’t put there trollies back and drop litter, the ones that leave a mess at the beach and don’t pick up dog ****, the ones that go to the shops and school in their pj’s, ****ing gormless!

17. sheepman

Tend to agree. I’m no killjoy. Christ I was a daft bugger when I was young but a little thought and a bit of respect seem to be missing these days

18. Class of 73

Class of 73 Well-Known Member

Aye, the same sort of fekers that laugh and smile in court after being found guilty of the manslaughter of a policeman. No respect of any law in our land.....except their human rights, which they don’t give a **** about when enforcing their law.......intimidation, threats and violence. What a Miserable fekin country and who seriously would want to be a police officer.
    Anarchy soon, the way it’s going

cumbrianmackem likes this.
  19. Dave_39

lads back in training from Wednesday

Sunderland’s first-team players will return to training on Wednesday 29th July.

The Lads will report for duty ahead of a competitive comeback on 12th September, with the EFL confirming plans for the 2020-21 campaign on Friday.

After signing a new contract at the club until 2022, defender Tom Flanagan will be amongst those returning to the Academy of Light next week, and following four months away, Phil Parkinson revealed his excitement ahead of a return to training.

“We’re delighted to be returning to training next week,” said the Sunderland manager.

“It’s been a long time since we’ve seen the lads and we’re really looking forward to getting everyone – players and staff – back together on Wednesday.”

He continued: “Now we have a start date for the new season, we can move things forward in terms of fitness and recruitment.

“It’s been a challenging period because we’ve been limited in what we’ve been able to say to the players, but we knew that the minute we got a return date, we had a plan to put into action.

“The lads have continued to train throughout the last 12-14 weeks, and we know that they are in a good place physically, so it’s just about adding those football movements, and more importantly, making sure that we don’t pick up any early injuries.

“Pre-season is typically six weeks and Wednesday is six-and-a-half weeks before the start of the campaign, so those extra few days will allow us to ease the players back in before we start in earnest the following Monday.

“We will do things in a structured way to make sure that when the season starts, we are ready.”

https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2020/july/players-to-return-on-wednesday

20. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Good place physicality, I bet they are like space hoppers <laugh>