1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

16/17th June, the release of some important Gas info.

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Who's Chairman is Richer now then ?, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Who's Chairman is Richer now then ?

Trust me on this, I have it on very good authority. Just keep it in your diary !

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

yes i already know. fixture list comes out for league 2 games. very funny <doh>

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

4. Who's Chairman is Richer now then ?

Oh yes & that, but that's not it

5. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So Peter Hargreaves is joining the board then:grin:

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

ok, i will guess the what it is...

Substantial offer from Sainsbury's for the Mem.
    Profit to go towards the building of new stadium.
    The site being looked at is the old Hewlett Packard sight.
    Joint project between BRFC, UWE and South Glos council.
    Plans have been drawn up but not made official.
    Announcement from BRFC in 2-3 weeks - 16th / 17th june?? ;)

7. EXETER GAS

EXETER GAS New Member

Hope its true but as i always say, ill beleave it when im sat in a new seat watching the gas running out

8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Substantial offer from Sainsbury's for the Mem.
    Profit to go towards the building of new stadium.
    The sight being looked at is the old Hewlett Packard sight.
    Joint project between BRFC, UWE and South Glos council.
    Plans have been drawn up but not made official.
    Announcement from BRFC in 2-3 weeks - 16th / 17th june??

NO,NO,NO,NO,NO and NO...

Your boys have heard it all before......

So SOURCE....?

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

wiz, how often is vital gas wrong?? down the years we get all the news 1st from vital about 3 weeks to a month in advance of the O/S. it was on vital about buckle ages ago and that was true. i dont ever recall a story on vital that was wrong!

link to vital - http://www.bristolrovers.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=243679

as you know wiz, vital is reliable. whats your comeback now princess <smooch>

10. Mendeleev

Mendeleev Member

Doesn't the memorial stadium have a covanent stating it must be used as a sporting venue something tied up with the fact it is a memorial or does that just apply to the gates? If this is the case then I cannot see how they can construct a Sainsbury's on the site?

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

cjs,just for once,I'm in agreement with you and that was designed as a little bit of fun with 'Who's Chairman is Richer now then ',so dont be so sensitive my little 'queenie'.:emoticon-0104-surpr

Your thoughts seem to be correct for once,feel at liberty to excel in your own glory.:emoticon-0117-talki

You normally do.:emoticon-0112-wonde

12. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

Think of the fantastic teams you could have on the first game of the season!

Crawley. Hereford, Maccelsfied. The choices are endless!

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

easy games lodger :) you will get west hame and get stuffed <laugh>

or you will get 1 of the promoted league 1 clubs and slag them off like you lot did start of last season but millwall, norwich and leeds all stuffed you :)

14. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

Thats right, think you'll storm the league next year just like you think you'll stay up and we go down.

I even read somewhere you think you will be everyones cup final! Now thats a joke, right?

15. EXETER GAS

EXETER GAS New Member

Eastville pitch had a covanent and had to be kept as sport land but ikea got away with it

16. Who's Chairman is Richer now then ?

Guys & girls, both bule & white & Red & white. I am just in the know on this issue, not being cockey or even I told you so. To be honest I'm a little gutted for both Rovers & City that we can't build a ground or two within our city boundaries. Ain't it sad that Bristol City Council can't really get behind the two major sporting clubs in the city without us having to go to North Somerset & South Glos.
    Shame on you Bristol City Council - just carry on funding your new tram system !!! You're a joke

17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Wrong,Ashton Vale is with-in the boundaries of Bristol City Council and it is from them we were given planning permission for the stadium,North Somersets permission was needed for Half a mile of approach road only.It is a committee from BCC that is having to make a decision on the town green legislation and the inspectors report very shortly.

In fact it was BCC who sold the land to Steve Lansdown and they have been very supportive and cooperative in most things concerning the development,but of course being in the know,you are aware of this.

With regard to BRFC's plans I have no knowledge,except their planning permission for the Memorial development runs out approx Nov 17th 2011.

18. Who's Chairman is Richer now then ?

So you're telling me BCC are interested now the WorldCup bid has fallen flat ? I think not !!

19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I am no expert but they have a lot of reasons to be keen,a completely modernised retail development and traffic flow system around Ashton Gate,new housing developments and industrial developments at Winterstoke Rd (old Sainsburys sight),Completely new stadium,retail shops,hotels and leisure amenities,housing development,land management sevices (waste gas from refuse,drainage,environmental and nature reserves)possible arena all leading to jobs in tourism,construction,retail and sevice industries.

Obviously if these developments all get the go ahead the amount of monies generated in local civil taxation,spending power in the area from monies earned and charges from new housing for various bands of council tax,and the leap forward for the whole of South Bristol would be of enormous value to make and keep the BCC interested and I am sure there are other advantages I have missed.

I hope the "gas" get the same opportunities without all objections we have had to put up with.

20. Who's Chairman is Richer now then ?