1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread 18 miles Ewes v Chairboys 11th Sept 21

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

The Chairboys take the short journey up the M40 to take on the Ewes at the three sided stadium looking to get back to winning ways after coming unstuck at the Stadium Of Light. The last time the teams met was at Wembley 14 months ago as if anyone needed reminding lets hope for the same outcome.
    After a weekend off for most of the players Gaz should have very few injury worries but will be missing Anis Mehmeti suspended.
    The 3 Musketeers are back together for this one with pre match drinks starting around midday and getting to the ground about 2-30pm to see the lads come away with all three points<cheers>

Ron likes this.
  2. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

Tough one today, if we have a (almost) fit squad, then it should be a good yard stick to how we will do this season.

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I hope Stewart is back

As CW says, a tough one; Oxford were probably the better side when we beat them in the PO final. But hopefully, we have a stronger team now. A draw wouldn't surprise me

I'm beginning to think all the games will be tough with only a goal in it. Won't do my nerves any good

4. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Morecambe surprising everybody & Ipswich getting thumped ours not very exciting

5. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

F/T 0-0. The ref booked 4 Oxford players for bad fouls, obviously he left his red card at home. <grr>

Guywanderer likes this.
  6. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Not much comment about this game, I suppose that just about sums it up still we got a point

7. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Fairly even game we had the better of the first half they were better second half 8 minutes time added on but not much happened both teams had settled for a point by then Hanlan looked decent and good to see Wheeler and McCarthy back although the latty not used

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021