1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

20 times more valuable

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I see Brighton have bought winger Will Buckley from Watford for one million pounds.

Does that mean he is twenty times better than Bolasie,of course it doesn't, it just means that when your in Argyle's condition the sharks just come and take whats left of the carcass,knowing that PAFC can't do anything about it.

When your in financial needs you have great difficulty in picking yourselves up, getting treated fairly financially is not part of the game.

2. SaintsFanAlex

SaintsFanAlex Active Member

Saints fan here! Sorry about your current plight and hopeful your luck will change soon.

In regards to your post I agree with you totally clubs with money are like vultures, When we were going through our financial problems we were selling players for half their real value just to starve off dying as a club!

On another note if someone with money takes control of your club and you started to spend would you mind offering another club money for players if they were in need to stay a float which didn't reflect a players true value?

3. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Good point it´s swings and roundabouts at the end of the day. Player power rules and you need to consider how long players have left on contracts. In addition clubs financial situation, position geograpically and in league... Still grates though when it´s happening to your club.

4. Westernmac

Westernmac Member

I don't think there's too much one can say about this, Plymborn, that hasn't already been said. Bolassie was a good player who would have walked for nothing in two weeks - yet another casualty of our disastrous previous board. Open market? Your guess is as good as mine but if we'd got £500,000 and not £50,00, I guess we'd all think it was good business. I feel we're all badly in need of some good news!

5. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Mac, surely the good news is soon to come. We have not got much left to sell!!

6. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

I think Mason and Nelson will be next on radar, Mason to leave us for a league 1 club (hopefully not the scum!) and Nelson to a premiership team (hopefully loaned back to us for this season coming).

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If Brighton could have paid as little as £50k for their man then they would have. I can't get excited about who goes where and for how much. We all knew it was inevitable that this would happen and the players who would go pretty much. The squad played for months without wages but it didn't stop us from cutting them out when the appropriate time came. I think everyone knows there is not much loyalty about in football anywhere and clubs will do whatever it is to suit themselves without a thought to other clubs, players or the supporters. I guess it has always been that way. We got rid of Mr Greenblood Wotton without a blink of the eye. We pretty much all said thanks to him but it is time. I guess we aren't that loyal to the individuals either.

8. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

The fact of the matter was that Bolasie had given 14 days notice of termination after having said publicly he was willing to stay and having signed some sort of waiver of his rights along with the other players - obviously not a particularly binding one!

With PAFC in that weak a position I'm surprised Bristol City even paid £50,000 to be honest.

I don't really blame Bolasie either. No pay for months and in the bottom tier. He could have been a bit more honest about his intentions or just said nothing at all though - there's a touch of the Holloway in implying you'll stay and then doing the opposite.

9. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Fook off DS, you Sad prick, get a job, all you are is a bum .. The main reason you don't go to see argyle is you have no job.