1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2017 Autumn News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

With nine games played, and seven since a win things are looking a bit glum...as Ron & Eth would say (sorry going back a few years there).
    I think we should move on from summer news, now that the leaves are turning golden and acorns and conkers are threatening to do you mischief if you ain't got your tin hat on....at least the rotary mower is turning acorns into flying shrapnel....just to many to rake up.
    As I was saying, nine games gone and only 5pts accumulated, equals a seasons total of 25.5 pts in a season.
    We need at least 50pts to have a chance of staying up....and even that is no certainly.
    Where do we think the goals are going to come from....and just as important who will be our best defenders to tighten up this sieve of a ship called PAFC ?

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Still summer in Torquay Plym, <party>

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Same here Joe....been sitting in the garden still in my shorts reading...very nice.

We've just past the equinox date...and the nights are becoming longer than the days unfortunately.....so autumn is here like it or not.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Am sitting here with my new machine up and running and with every page looking different from the ones I'm used to,. I hate change and am probably going to swear a lot before I get used to it all. I'm still not sure what went wrong that I couldn't get into here. I'd type in Not606 and it would just tell me internet site not available.

It felt like winter here yesterday but I'd guess that was the football.

5. Greenarmyjoe

Well i was in Torquay cycling yesterday and it was warm and caught the sun o my face... Toady was ok up until 4, as we took the little one to the zoo..

Yes the evenings are now going.. soon be winter and xmas.. Its miserable night now with a bit rain and dark.

Time for you all to fire up the boilers... or try to?? <party><whistle>

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Managers moving on.

Gillingham and Ady Pennock part company by mutual consent.

Oldham and John Sheridan also part company by mutual consent.

Interestingly, ....Ross County have sacked their manager Jim McIntyre who took over from Derek Adams.

Now if Derek went back to Ross County, that would mean John....good grief stop it, what am I thinking of....no, no, no, not even in a dream.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Been looking at Sonny Bradley's dismissal.....it could have been seen as a little disappointing.....the Doncaster player grabbed him three times and Bradley twice tried to break free and eventually swung his arm to try and get away...it seemed to catch the Doncaster player more under the arm pit....the referee went for his red card straight away....the disappointing part is that the continual grabbing of Bradley gets completely overlooked and nothing happens to the Doncaster offender who was continually committing a foul in my eyes.....so why not a penalty to Argyle ?

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I have read a comment on another board that Luke McCormick might retire at the end of this season....how true might that be ?

He has certainly played better games than Saturdays....fumbling twice for scores against us.

9. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

behave....!

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I do apologize Lyndy...it's... my twisted sense of humour....I just can't stop it.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Bradley took a huge swing at their player and it was blatant. He is going to give the Ref absolutely no option but to go for his red card. It's called retaliation which is not allowed and he knows it. I do however agree that the Doncaster player was the catalyst for all that went on and of course has escaped scot free for his efforts. The football league should be able to do something post match as the Ref didn't but we all know they won't. Bradley has been around long enough and done his fair share of winding other players up, remember Liverpool last season for one, that he can't do what he did. If done to him he would be wanting the Ref to get the card out. We need to wise up and not make it easy for officials.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Murmurs that Luke McCormick might not be fit for the Wigan game tonight....if that is the case it could be a start for Kyle Letheren.
    Robbert te Loeke who is normally on the bench is suffering with a back problem...he has a bulging disc which will keep him out.
    If Luke needs sometime out will that mean Michael Cooper could be travelling as reserve keeper ?

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just when it starts to rain it then pee's down and then hails. Luke has looked a bit injured, if that makes sense, for a couple of games now. Looks to have a niggly groin or hip thing. Was limping a bit last game. Maybe why he looked and was so poor. What bleddy next for god sake.

14. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Having seen the video, I agree with you Plym, 2 yellow cards, one for the defender, one for Bradley would have been the correct decision. Of course, that would have made it a penalty as the defender fouled first inside the box........ Still, Bradley should know better than to retaliate, as should Sarcevic and Carey should know not to go to ground with the opponent facing the touchline 3 yards away and other defenders in place.

McCormick went down injured against Bury and again on Saturday. Even uninjured, keepers make mistakes and actually, he saved us a point at Bury with world class saves AFTER he'd been injured. I suspect once we see Te Loeke or Letheren in goal, we'll quickly realise why we definitely don't want McCormick to retire.

15. Greenarmyjoe

The way it is at present it would not matter if Tommy cooper was in goal <doh>

Confident we will sneak this tonight, i remember a while ago wigan unbeaten at home and went there and won 2 nil :emoticon-0173-middl

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

McCormick hasn't travelled....that means Letheren in goal.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle have seven players missing for the Bristol R game on Saturday.

Missing because of injury are....Jake Jervis, Robbert le Loeke, Oscar Threlkeld, Ryan Taylor, and possibly also Luke McCormick and Lionel Ainsworth.

Sonny Bradley will of course be absent because of his red card..this will be his second of a three game ban.

One good bit of news is that Aaron Taylor-Sinclair could be in the match day squad if needed.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Owen Coyle has been appointed manager of Ross County.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Used to lots of hassle from the ATD website regarding Mr Brent and pasoti....but even pasoti seems to have dissenters stirring things up as well at the moment.....roughly a quarter of the season gone and Argyle are showing signs of not making it this season.....lots of comment as I've said on the other websites.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I too have been reading pasoti and indeed there is a great deal of discontent. I recall a post by lyndhurst on here saying how together the squad are and they are all playing for Adams. Well the rumour mill is alive and kicking on pasoti because there are several poster who seem to be in the know who would argue with that statement. They are adamant that there are problems and talk about getting rid of a "toxic" member of the squad. Personally I have no idea what they are talking about and the MODS on there will not allow a comment which is specific to remain. That's not unreasonable as it sounds like somebodies personal life but it does make me curious what and who it is. I think though that in the absence of any other logical explanation the rumour might be more than just that. It makes a lot of sense the way things are going and the stupid way the players are acting. That though is down to the Manager to sort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.