1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2017 Autumn News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Comments also why out star player isn't firing on all cylinders was quickly removed....and yes Lindy has been getting himself involved as you've mentioned sensible.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wasn't on the site when the star player comments were made or removed, I only saw the blank space later. Still no idea why.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

"Rumour" is the key word there isn't it?

The simplest answer is usually the correct one. Most of the players have stepped up a league. Things went wrong early on in terms of freak goals, injuries and ill discipline. Confidence has suffered. Sections of the "fan" base have exacerbated that by barracking the players during games and criticising the players, the manager, the owner and anyone else within a 5 mile radius of the club on social media. The pressure makes players act rashly and get sent off, making it worse. Adams spoke recently about the impact social media has on today's players and the impossibility of keeping them away from it. They'll be looking over their shoulders at training today wondering if there is toxic individual in the squad and what he's been doing they don't know about, won't they? Anyone who tries at accentuate the positive to lift confidence, including the manager, gets accused of being an apologist.

We're in a downward spiral again. There are only three ways out: we get some good luck and the other lot some bad, we get players back from injury and they make a difference or wait until the transfer window opens.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

We started with more than our fair share of luck actually....4pts from 3 games, including 2-0 against Charlton which was lucky to be honest.

Since then 8 league games, 1pt gained from a possible 24pts, totally unacceptable, only 3 goal scored, and 16 goals conceded.
    Doesn't it say that we've got to try something different....everybody knows how we're going to play.....everyone knows we never score in the first half.....everyone knows that under pressure we crack and get red cards...even getting one in a Devon FA game....surely that ain't pressure.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Ricky Lambert has just announced his retirement from football.

He's retired with a broken heart....even Argyle didn't want him....that was the final straw.....sorry Ricky.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that Argyles record for matches without a win is 13 matches....If that's league matches then at the moment we're on 9 matches and counting.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That's not true plym. The win against Charlton was thoroughly deserved and was nowhere near luck. Somehow the team from that day was beamed up by some alien force and removed.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

James Brent and the club have announced their full backing for Derek Adams and the team.....isn't that a bit dodgy...it's generally the act before a sacking takes place.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

He will not get sacked.

Damn these people who think they can criticise a bunch of overpaid useless players just because they pay to watch them every week. Poor little loves must be sitting in the dressing room with a handkey weeping into it. If you don't do your job right you get sacked. It's that simple. A footballer doesn't do their job right and everyone and their dog gets blamed for even suggesting they need to take a look at themselves. Sorry but they are not exempt life's crappier bits just because they kick a ball about for a living. There are plenty of people out there who actually know some of the players and they have conversations. It looks like the team are not as one and the rumour mill confirms it. Calling somebody who isn't named toxic isn't going to do a damned thing to them and if they are that sensitive then they should get a different job.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

James Brent, says he will support Derek Adams with more signings if Derek thinks that is necessary.

Hasn't Adams been trying to find players on the free market.....but up to now he hasn't succeeded in enticing anyone along.

Desperate times at present...we need a genuine 20 goals a season striker....I suggest he won't find one on the free market that he can afford.

Also a goal scoring mid-field dynamo would be handy as well.....we can't wait until January for that to happen either....it could be too late by then....he's got a difficult job to find those players....he might try and concentrate at present on keeping 11 players on the pitch for 90 minutes...that would help the cause.

11. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Adams said a couple of weeks ago that players of the quality he wants aren't available as free agents.

We don't necessarily need a 20 goal striker: it would be nice but they cost a fortune if you can find them at all. We need somebody to lead the line. We didn't have a 20 goal man last year and managed quite well with Taylor and Spencer sharing the load up front and the goals shared around the team.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle player of the month for September.

Poor scores for everyone really.

The winner was Yann Songo'o who averaged 6.5 pts. Luke McCormick came second and Gary Sawyer third.

Joint bottom was share between four players.
    Nadir Ciftci, Antoni Sarcevic, Graham Carey and Gregg Wylde.

Argyle scored 1pt out of a possible 21pts available during the month.

13. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

We need a goal scorer / dont matter how many he gets.. <steam>

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sky Sports League One Predictor....for end of season.

Winning League
    Blackburn R.....34% chance of winning league
    Wigan...............18%.......ditto
    Shrewsbury......16%.......ditto
    Bradford...........11%.......ditto

...and being bottom.
    Doncaster.........37% chance of being bottom
    Northampton....41% .....ditto
    Gillingham........53%.......ditto
    Plymouth A.......74%.......ditto

They've got Argyle way out ahead of everyone else as nailed on for bottom, not just relegation.

That's the sought of thing that might kick-start Argyle's season

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  15. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

dont take any notice of that Plym, have they predicted our prediction league :eek::eek: who will win the mouldy pasties

16. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Just for the record chaps (and I have only just seen this post) anything you see written on PASOTI by 'lyndhurst green' isn't me. He popped up a few months ago and said a few things that I wouldn't say and that I wouldn't want to be connected to. Unlike my previous name on that site, there is a gap between the lyndhurst and green. In the unlikely event that I would post anything on that site (other than auctions or fundraisers) , it will be under my 'real' name (zac n). I thank you.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I never thought that was you anyway lyndhurst. He sounded too intelligent............................boom boom

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Oh...it didn't occur to me that it wasn't you lyndy....but now you mention it there is a gap in the name....I think you should give sensible a warning for his cheek above.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I claim sinility as my defence.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Mrs sensible is getting lax with your medication again.....your not flushing your tablets down the loo are you ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.