1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours 2017 SUMMER NEWS

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

Hopefully he is now older, wiser & keen to play (having been left out of Celtics plans).

Derek wont play him if he isn't up to scratch or his attitude is not right, I'd be interested to know if there will be an option to terminate the loan early (this would provide him with an incentive to behave).

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So Nadir Ciftic has signed for Argyle on a seasons loan.....the 6ft 1.5 in Celtic striker is 25 years old and will be taking the No9 shirt I expect.

3. EastneyPFC

EastneyPFC Well-Known Member

One of our old players who I never felt got a decent run in the side when we were in the Championship - I guess his age at the time was a factor but he always looked half decent at that level so I think he'll do well for you....hopefully not against us.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I hope your right.....Div One should be a doddle if he can get his act together.....and that Derek Adams can work his magic on him.

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well we wanted a striker and now we've got one. Doubt he will be on the pitch on Saturday unless he has kept himself fit enough but if he is will reserve judgement till then. I hope there is one more to come from somewhere.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Plymouth have agreed terms with Preston for the loan of Eoin Doyle 5ft 11.5 in striker... 29 year old Irishman.....the player is considering the move.

7. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

Well technically we are still understaffed in the striker role, particularly with Taylor out until Xmas and Fletcher due to be sent on loan.

Doyle is a good finisher I believe.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that Joe Mason has gone on loan to Burton Albion from Wolves.

9. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Eoin Doyle eh?! Another one of our ex-players. Paul Cook signed him on loan last season for us, and sent Michael Smith off on loan to Northampton.

Cookie said that Doyle would "tear up Division 2" <doh> He struggled terribly, and hardly scored. I'm amazed he hasn't tried to sign him for Wigan.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Not coming Wooperts.

11. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

That's a shame :)

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Talk of Luton putting in a bid of £250,000 ?.....for Sonny Bradley.....why would he want to drop down a league after working so hard last season to get out of Div2.....can they offer him more money ?

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So Louis Rooney has signed a one year contract with Northern Irish Champions Linfield......having spent awhile at Hartlepool without any success.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just can't see Bradley going somehow. Stranger things have happened I know but this one I doubt will. There may well be some truth in them making an offer but I think we would be a long way from accepting it.

16. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Did I hear some rumour about Adams and Bradley not being on the best of terms?

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just back.....and no sign of Adams final player coming in....tomorrow is the last day at 2300hrs.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So no player in on the last day......was that Adams choice or was it because they were too costly or preferred somewhere else...?

Is Derek Adams happy with his squad or is he disappointed that he couldn't enlarge it...?

There were a few players on the move yesterday that had been mentioned in recent weeks.....such as Craig Noone.....went to Bolton with a fee (out of our reach I assume)......Matt Kennedy to Portsmouth on loan (Pompey more Attractive maybe ?).....Eoin Doyle to Oldham on loan (Sheridan could afford him, we couldn't ?).....Hiram Boateng to Exeter on a free....surely we could have used him... or was he too dear and Exeter used some of their David Wheeler to QPR money to pay his wages ?......Jayden Stockley to Exeter for a fee as well.
    There were players out there we could of used...but was it down to only cheap loans that we could only afford, is that why we failed to strengthen our squad.......I feel we our not as strong as we need to be....others in this league have strengthened their squads knocking us down the pecking order in this Division........I feel we lack pace in our defence and in mid field attacking options and up front as well.
    At least no one came after any of our better players.....maybe others don't think their good enough to thieve.
    I think Exeter did some good business yesterday although they lost Wheeler they have used his money wisely.....could be in the promotion mix again.

19. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

A quiet day yesterday , but what everyone seems to forget is that we did a load of business in June when all the other clubs weren't watching. Not sure any of the players above would have been targets as a) the position is already doubled up (Noone, Kennedy,) or b) not good enough (Boateng). By and large DA has his chosen squad and more importantly didn't lose anyone-I suspect he may also have the means to act in the Jan window, if he so wishes/needs to.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Comments about Jamie Ness's wife Heather and her column in the Herald......the overall opinion is yuk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.