1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours 2017 SUMMER NEWS

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Argyle announce one more friendly match....against a Devon FA Select non-league X1 to be played at Newton Abbot on Wed July 19th at 7.30 pm.

The Select X1 will be chosen from players who play in the.....Southern League, Western League and the South West Peninsula League Premier Division.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Grandstand Plans.
    Possible to go along to Home Park this weekend and see some of the plans on display in the Green Room for the Grandstand development....Saturday and Sunday between 10am and 2pm.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Did that once before in the Theatre Royal. Plans were great but that is a far as they got. No thanks this time think I will give it a miss.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

This time the money has been put up front......not pie in the sky this time...:emoticon-0104-surpr

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Do you remember the posts on the subject last time plym? Mine were mostly about going into see what it was all about, asking some questions and getting replies only for those replies to be chucked out with the bath water a very short time later. Misled is what I think it was called. The plans went from there to being watered down gradually only to disappear as swiftly as they had come. I've lost interest now in so far as they will do whatever it is they want to do no matter how much anyone questions things or even possibly objects. It's his toy and he will play with it and nobody else can. I don't give a monkeys what they do and will believe all the stuff about increased revenue etc etc etc.........when I actually see some and the team benefits. I will believe the improvements also when I see some and not before despite the money being "put upfront".

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Last time the "Grandstand" was part of a £50 million development with a Cinema, Hotel, Dentistry etc, etc.....suggesting that the "Grandstand" was a freebie worth £10 million added on for good luck.....in the end no luck to it....as you say the plans where whittled down.....and finally killed of with a Cinema complex being okayed in the City by a "proper" recognized development company...who got the go ahead from PCC to build it......with James Brent "involved" in other developments in Plymouth such as an Ice Rink etc....plus the very well "discussed" build in Torquay....I feel that relationships between James Brent and the Council had plummeted to an all time low and property development and Brent where not ever said in the same sentence anymore.

So here we are with a £5 million gift/loan from one of our new Directors and his Wife being the next best thing....meaning a "spruce up" of the existing Grandstand and the doing away with that embarrassing Mayflower terracing at last.....a major atmosphere buster if there ever was one.....the difference when we had the "seating" put in for the Liverpool replay suddenly turned it into a "proper" stadium for the first time since that terracing was turned into Plymouth's latest bomb tip....and the city had known a few of those in the past.....courtesy of that nice Mr Hitler.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

There is a long list of possible replacements to replace David Moyes as Sunderland manager....top of the list is the Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes at 2-1 on....luckily a long way down the list one Bookmaker has got Derek Adams at 33-1.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Yep but the real rumour for Argyle and us is the one that tips Adams for Aberdeen to replace Sunderland's replacement. Somehow I don't expect Adams to be anywhere else but here next season.

9. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

I read that some place today, he has been linked with them in the past as well. .Why go to them? they are league 2 standard at the best :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:.. I think he will stay and get us back into the championship.. :emoticon-0148-yes:

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Been on the Argyle website looking at the Grandstand pictures.....gave up after awhile.... couldn't see them well enough to see what was there.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It seems that Peterborough are showing interested in Graham Carey.....why would he go to another Div 1 club....they cannot be offering more than a Championship club surely.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that Aberdeen have released Ash Taylor a 26yr old defender.....I wonder if we can afford him.....he would fit in well with Sonny Bradley.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Speculation regarding Paul Dixon 30 yr old 5ft 10in defender....who has just turned down an offer from his present club Dundee United....and wants a 'new' challenge elsewhere.

He has played three full internationals for Scotland and played in European competition......is he a target for Derek Adams ?......he would be a challenge for Gary Sawyers position.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Interest at Argyle playing in Div 1 this coming season is high.....4,400 season tickets had been sold by May 30th.....an increase from last year of 42%.

Of course this time last year many where still trying to get over defeat at Wembley....and our season finished three weeks later than this one......so probably many regular season ticket holders had not got around to renewing because the memories of defeat still lingering.

15. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Craig Tanner signs for Motherwell.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Served Argyle well for two seasons.....Derek Adams used him less as the season came to an end.

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson feels Tanner can unlock Premier defences next season......not sure about that....surely better defences than most of Div 2...which he didn't unlock very often.....I can only assume that Adams has his sights set higher than he felt Tanner could achieve.....best of luck to him in the depths of Scotland....bet the beaches aren't so good.

PS....So a straight swop with Lionel Ainswoth coming to Argyle.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Charlie Telfer...21yr old midfielder has left Dundee United....will Derek be interested in him ?

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

According to Martyn Starnes Argyle are closing in on two new signings, possibly later in the week.

He also revealed that we were waiting word back from other potential recruits after a 'number of offers' were submitted.

Derek Adams in the meanwhile is on holiday....but that doesn't mean he is not working away on trying to secure targets.

19. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

did dundee get relegated?

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Don't think so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.