1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours 2017 SUMMER NEWS

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

No.....just got in from work

2. lyndhurstgreen

3. lyndhurstgreen

Joel Valentino Grant signs. Was at Exeter but decided to come to us instead.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ok so we've got a new winger....from Exeter.....is he out of contract or have we actually paid for him.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  5. lyndhurstgreen

Neither, kind of. He was apparently 'under offer' at Exeter but chose to come to us instead. Has had an interesting career from Championship all the way day to non league and then back up again (hopefully to the Championship). I think he will be a good squad member.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Hope Derek's got a Striker up his sleeve next week....:emoticon-0106-cryin.

7. lyndhurstgreen

I haven't really reckoned it up yet but it feels like he has signed a lot of pacey midfielders. Perhaps we are going to have a more expansive style next season. A bit on the goalkeeping front as well.

8. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Keep your wig on notdistant I'm not suggesting Brent has to overspend. Mind you spend something might be novel.

So, we have another signing. Can't remember him particularly but not bothered as per. I think a few of the signings this time appear to be a bit older and more experienced. That might not be true but it;s just something that seems right.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just been having a scan on pasoti and see that Brunt has left the building having been offered the opportunity to train with Argyle without there being anything on offer even possibly at the end of it. They posted a tweet from him on there and have to say the bloke is magnanamous in his departure. Thanks the green army for their support.

A bit of me would have like him to have been given a chance here after his injury. The bloke was unlucky rather than not good enough for us. We all like a trier down here and he was certainly one of them. I absolutely hope he gets a contract and it works out for him. Another one of those 100 percenters you only get sometimes. Best of luck young man.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

lyndhurst, when are we going to get the Carey buggers off to pastures new or Carey signs on for us again news? (I don't expect you to either answer this or be able to). The thread on pasoti is 65 pages long and still we wait. It's getting very boring now. Even Portsmouth are getting in on the "he could be our's" stuff. I get the fact this could be his last chance to get a decent wage or at least more than he is truely worth and cash in but it's getting worse than the Gretta Garbo "I want to be alone" crap. Am I alone in thinking he was good but he wasn't that fecking good?

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Should know by Wednesday......when pre-season training starts......some are saying that the rumours are rather quiet at the moment....if he had got a good offer why keep it quiet to the bitter end ?

12. lyndhurstgreen

There is nothing much to say about the Carey situation really, as Plym said I guess we will all know a bit more by Wed/Thurs. Without boring you with with the whole details, and this is all freely available for anyone who wants to research it, football contracts in England nearly always expire on the 30th June. Clubs having Players whose contracts expire on 30th June have until the 3rd Sunday in May (normally) to either offer, release or automatically extend a Player's contract(subject to clauses in the existing contract)-this then eventually creates the 'retained list'. Those existing Players who are given offers (for us , Sawyer, Carey and McCallum) in theory have 28 days to respond. If they don't respond the offer may no longer be valid-but this doesn't mean that the parent Club won't still end up signing them.
    It is not uncommon that the first time a Club will hear that their Player who was under offer has gone elsewhere, is a phone call from the Player or other Club letting the parent Club know that he has just signed/agreed to sign for someone else.
    So for McCallum, Sawyer and Carey they will either:-
    1. rockup and sign this week
    2, sign for someone else this week,
    3. sign for someone(and it could still be us) before the end of the window on 30th August.
    4. Be 'unemployed' on 1st September

I am sure that the Club will release any news as soon as anything is confirmed either way.

As we found out with Mchugh there is a difference between a player saying they are going to do something and actually doing it (he said he was going to sign for us but didn't). The other thing to factor in is that Players and Managers genuinely do go away on holiday(s) in June and letting Clubs and supporters know their intentions for the next season isn't top of their agenda.

For me, any speculation is just that, it's the cricket season ffs. One thing is for sure, come 5th August DA will have assembled a pretty good squad that will be competitive in L1.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Joel Grant had £30,000 of his wages paid by the fans at Exeter.....I wonder if they'd help us out by continuing to pay his wages.....just a thought....:rolleyes:.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Don't you worry about it plym, that's mine and about 8000 others job now,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D

15. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Is that how many season tickets have been sold ? Sensible 8000? :eek:

16. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Are you watching Glastonbury Sensible .. did you see the T20 cricket this week against south Africa?

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Do I sound like a hip Grandad then Joe? I don't do music very much and haven't a clue who a lot of the modern mob are or what they look like. I've never been a groovy dude. I don't have Sky sport either so not watched any of the T20. I did watch some of the England v India women's game yesterday. The standard is much better than I expected to be honest.

I watched a Confederation Cup game today Germany v Cameroon. It's where they are trialing the old video ref thing and it had to happen that the video came into play. The Ref booked a Cameroon player for a high foot tackle which was probably about right for the offence. But, he booked the wrong one. Somebody obviously had a word in his shell like and he went to have a look at the video. He then came back onto the field and produced a Red card for the player he had previously given a yellow to even though it was the wrong man. Much shouting and protest later somebody obviously had yet another word in his shell like so he went to have yet another look. Finally he got the right man and rescinded the wrong red in favour of a correct one. Thing is if he had booked the right player in the first place then nobody would have got a red. and to be honest that would have been right. The Ref, even with the help of the video, still got it wrong twice and seemed a right dork.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Did see an Argyle Flag being waved at Glastonbury.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Expect that's our President waving the flag for Jerry. He has to be seen still waving our flag sometimes even if he is very absent from everything else until a camera rolls.

20. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Yes I saw the flag too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.