1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2019/20 Fixtures and Results

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

It was the 2008/9 season Luton were deducted 30pts Bournemouth 17pts Rotherham 17pts and later in the season Darlington 10pts We finished 3rd on 78pts Darlington 12th on 62pts Rotherham 14th on 59pts and Bournemouth 21st on 46pts Luton were relegated on 26pts along with Chester 37pts

Ron likes this.
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Full marks for their remarkable recoveries, especially Luton (NL to Championship) and Bournemouth (Premiership)

3. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

The Bolton takeover has to happen by 5 PM today or the game on Saturday will be suspended according to The useless EFL.

4. Guywanderer

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What does that mean? The games should be forfeited with Wycombe & (cough) MK Dons handed a something nil victory

6. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Typical efl bottling it again :emoticon-0121-angry

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Doesn't make sense does it. Bolton's opponents in the last game of the season were handed a 1-0 win when Bolton had to forfeit the match. We shouldn't have our fixture list condensed as a result. I suggest a 5-0 forfeit for us and a 1-0 forfeit for MK Dons; that should put as the top of League 1 :emoticon-0116-evilg

Rocky blue army and Guywanderer like this.
  8. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This whole situation really bugs me. I do feel for the fans but have little sympathy for the clubs themselves. They have gotten into this mess themselves and nobody else is to blame. The EFL is just a bunch of toothless idiots who have no idea what to do now. They knew about this and the likelihood before last season ended. Other clubs, and yes including Argyle, have suffered relegation they need not have done.

When we went bust we had to put out virtually the kids side. No chance of putting off a fixture or any other concession. As said previously, they ensured Luton got kicked out of the league altogether with the points deducted. But, I have a theory about what is happening now. I think the EFL have an inside knowledge about a number of clubs now in the football league who are struggling and could well follow these two. If the pyramid collapses then they are going to have a nightmare on their hands. Set a strict president now and they would have to continue it later. Be gentle and whistle into the air and everything might go away without them having to do much. You are right Ron. They allowed a fixture to be forfeited last season due to the club not being able to fulfill the fixture and now they have moved the goalposts so to speak. The same rule should apply now at the very least. The EFL is to blame for not making clubs, all clubs follow the financial rules they set down. If you cannot spend more than your income then you cannot go tits up. Great idea if they make clubs do it. If you buy promotion by spending more you lose the promotion. Simple. Promotion would then be on strict merit and not on financial clout of an individual owner.

Guywanderer, Ron and Rocky blue army like this.
  9. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Best post I've seen for ages :emoticon-0137-clapp

Ron likes this.
  10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Thank you Rocky but you and I both know this is never going to be the way it goes. How to get around financial rules that state 55% of income only goes on wages. Get very rich owner with nothing better to do and get them to pump £5m stadium sponsorship into the coffers in league 1 or 2. Get very rich owner to gift another £3m with no debt for the club to repay. There you go you can pay £8k a week to players with no comeback for rule bending or breaking. If that isn't sticking your fingers up to the EFL rule book then somebody please tell me what it is. You can see it, I can see it along with virtually every supporter from a club without the rich owner yet the people who are supposed to be in the know in the EFL Committee room can't. Sort of makes you wonder why they have a Nelson's Eye doesn't it.

Rocky blue army likes this.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I would very happy if one of these filthy rich buggers would throw me just £0.25m. I'm not greedy

12. Guywanderer

So our game on Saturday is on I just hope now I get my season ticket by then no doubt a big queue if I have to pick it up

13. Guywanderer

Alex, Paul, Jack, Jacob, Giles, Jamie, Fred and David are all in line to feature at Adams Park on Saturday as we take on @OfficialBWFC in our opening game of the new League 1 season.

You'll be there too, right? #WYCvBOL https://t.co/vZELBIrv7g
    I will and apparently I will have to use last seasons ticket to get in as my new one won't arrive in time

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've just read on the beeb that Bury's second game this time against Accrington has been suspended so no game on the 10th for them either. It gets more and more ridiculous with every passing day. Where are the EFL committee's balls. How can you run a league when one of the teams is not playing.

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bring Plymouth back. They always played.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well they turned up anyway....................

Ron, Cardiff-Wycombe and Guywanderer like this.
  17. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

They did today Greeny off to a flyer

Ron likes this.
  18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

This Saturday we play Colchester at Home Park.....................any requests?

19. Guywanderer

Double figures please :emoticon-0148-yes:

20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Any thrashing will do