1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 2019 GE

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Saf, Oct 30, 2019.

?

Who will you support in the 2019 GE

1. Conservatives

2. Labour

3. Brexit Party

4. Lib Dems

5. Greens

6. Independent

7. UKIP

8. I support my legs because my legs support me lol

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

It's happening. December 12th.

Who will we all be voting for?

For me, it will be whoever has the best chance of removing the Labour MP from their seat, so Independent or Brexit Party, will get my vote.

farnboromackem likes this.
  2. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Cant bring myself to vote for any of them at the minute. This brexit malarkey has not only just blurred the lines between parties but has mixed them all up to a point that the colours have left a rather miserable shade of grey.

3. Kittenmittons

Kittenmittons Well-Known Member

Just had this chat with the mrs, no idea who to vote for.

Despise Boris
    Dislike Corbyn enough
    Ambivalent to Swinson
    dislike Brexit but willing to leave with a deal
    Don't want a second referendum
    Don't trust the Tories and Boris not to drag us through a No Deal

haslam, Sunderpitt and Saf like this.
  4. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

The current Tory MP is pretty much useless for my constituency, unless your a rich farmer or land owner and his parliament voting history puts him at odds to my principles.

The only other candidate that stands a chance is the Lib Dem, but we don't know who that is or what they are standing for.

Guess I could try the Green Party

5. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Whoever puts another referendum on the table.

I feel that the only way the vote should have been done is if we knew the outcomes of leaving or remaining.

6. old lads fan

old lads fan Well-Known Member

That'll be the Lib-Dems Jack.

Ronnie

Jack TheLad likes this.
  7. E.T. Fairfax

My grandad would do somersaults in his grave if I voted Tory.
    Havnt voted for Labour since Corbyn turned up. Plus I wont vote for Labour since our MP has totally gone against his constituents and been anti-brexit.
    Lib Dems basically going against Democracy and plan on cancelling Brexit. There would be hell on if they got in. And I'm talking about potential assassination attempts (not by me you understand (before the anti-terror police burst through the windows brandishing machine guns))
    I dont have a party to vote for anymore :(

8. Comfy

Comfy Well-Known Member

Couldn’t call us a democratic country then, the nation voted to leave so it has to be done one way or the other.

9. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

I feel like I can use my expert political knowledge on this one.

We voted to leave, mate. The outcome of remaining is irrelevant. That's why we are in this mess and now probably heading for no deal.

The remaining politicians have shot themselves in the foot in their attempts to thwart Brexit.

10. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

i have lived in the Netherlands a long time and live now in Germany, so have more understanding of the EU than most,if you guys don't vote for Brexit, you will be deep in the **** in the following years, even though Brexit will hurt me financially i still want out as i love my country and see the harm it suffers under the EU.

11. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

It will not make any difference who is in power
    There all in it for themselves big fat pension

12. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

All the government do is
    Shall we say take the money off PAYE
    and the slightly less poor people
    Then run the country on that money providing for the less well off and poor people
    They just let the rich get richer all politicians are the same

13. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

Good point. Hodgson, Elliott and Phillipson were all given a clear indication of what the people of Wearside wanted in the referendum. Yet in every single motion that was put before Parliament, including the many from the cross benches after Tessie failed for the third time, they backed their party before the wishes of their constituents. For the first time in my life (I'm 57), I will not be voting Labour, and live in hope that all these three are ousted at the next election.

14. Guinness Guzzler

Guinness Guzzler Well-Known Member

Don't like any of them. In terms of Brexit I want to leave but I want a customs union, that's pretty much what labour are suggesting but they're also saying they'd then have a confirmatory referendum about it and would let their MPs campaign against it, so I don't fancy that (I'd rather they just respected the vote with a soft Brexit that most could stomach). I've decided I'll see who out of the candidates in my area makes the most effort in the run up and assuming they aren't from a racist party I'll vote for them if I think they actually care about doing things in the local area. Might vote for an independent if any sound decent because I always feel sorry for them if they lose their deposit and I figure they'd be buzzing at every vote they get so I might vote for one of them if any stand

15. Brainman

Brainman Well-Known Member

I would say that Lib Dems are representing the 48% of voters who voted to remain.
    (The sensible people. )

clockstander likes this.
  16. E.T. Fairfax

I didnt vote in the referendum. Mainly because I didnt fully understand it and the fact I knew there would be pros and cons for leaving/remaining, I was torn basically. However once the country voted to leave then we must leave. If the Lib Dems want to campaign for us to rejoin the EU in the future I have no problem with that. But to campaign towards ignoring a national referendum result and go against the wishes of 52% of the country is not very Liberal Democratic. Even if I was a staunch remainer I would still not vote for the Lib Dems on that very principal. In fact I would be ashamed if i did.

17. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

I'm just speaking purely from my own view point. I get that 'democracy' means we're out at present.

I find it difficult to understand how people voted to leave, but didn't have a clue what that entailed. Again, my personal opinion.

If it ever got to it and I'm given both sides, where we have a very good idea of how each will go, I'd be more inclined to make an informed decision. That could well be to change my vote to leave instead of remain.

Saf likes this.
  18. E.T. Fairfax

I large portion of leavers voted to leave over immigration, even it it meant that they'd be hit in the pocket, it is a hit that they were willing to take. People say that leavers were not fully aware of the repercussion of leaving. Thats probably true, but what also is probably true is that they didnt care.

19. ShieldsmanFTM

ShieldsmanFTM Member

Anything but a Johnson government. I’m discounting the Brexit Party (although I fear a large chunk of the public won’t) as it’s usually standard in a GE to actually have actual policies.
    I’m hoping for a big nationally organised tactical vote push. It’s the only way to avoid public services being further decimated.

The Ides of March and vic9 like this.
  20. Fentonpell

Fentonpell Well-Known Member

Exactly this!

Class of 73 likes this.