1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 2019 GE

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Saf, Oct 30, 2019.

?

Who will you support in the 2019 GE

1. Conservatives

2. Labour

3. Brexit Party

4. Lib Dems

5. Greens

6. Independent

7. UKIP

8. I support my legs because my legs support me lol

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

If they succeed, Sheepy, they'll not be able to afford the stamp to send the request to Boris in 4 years time :cheesy:

2. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

3. old lads fan

old lads fan Well-Known Member

The Lib-Dems were just going to revoke article 50 and cancel Brexit not offer a second referendum.

4. Gatesy

Gatesy Well-Known Member

Labour supporters need to pull their heads out of the sand! I seriously can't understand how people can first of all support Corbyn! A terrorist supporting anti-semite. But they say they are the nice party who care for communities and constantly use mining closures etc against the Tories.

FWIW, Harold Wilson closed down more than DOUBLE the mines Maggie Thatcher did. New Labour started the privatisation of the NHS in 2003, at a time when Mr Blair was sending the country to it's second war in 2 years! Something parliament found him in contempt of and he almost faced war crimes in court for deceiving parliament (and Conservative are the liars!). Blair done more damage to the NHS from 1997 to 2010 than anyone in the years beforehand! His idea of 'fixing' it was scrapping a Tory led initiative, throwing billions at it before realising that the Tories had it right in the first place and desperately tried to put some of the thrown out initiatives back in place! He took the annual spending from 34 billion and practically quadrupled it in his premiership! And I haven't even mentioned the fact we went in to recession on his watch.

All of the above is conveniently forgotten though and Labour continuously lied in their election campaign and tried to bring Conservative down for privatisation of the NHS (initiated by New Labour) and closure of mines (Labour closed more than Cons).

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2006/feb/16/health.politics

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ervice-throwing-money-disastrous-results.html

5. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention that that Harold Wilson had his phone tapped by MI6 the commie ba***rd

6. Owld Feller

Owld Feller Well-Known Member

That is still a debatable matter, with some claiming it was and others denying it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-49939123

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  7. Hamish 1973

Hamish 1973 Well-Known Member

Dear me

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  8. Sin Semilla

Sin Semilla Well-Known Member

The best thing about all of it, are the labour supporters calling "working class Britain racist". Yeah, we're the racist ones and not the people voting corbyn and his antisemitic beliefs.

9. Owld Feller

Who, along with his sons & McDonnell, is still blaming the media & Brexit for their defeat despite evidence to the contrary supplied in a poll (on the Mirror website) revealing why voters deserted Labour in droves!

"Labour's economic policies only polled 12% as a factor in votes going elsewhere.

For Labour defectors to the Conservative Party Brexit was a higher factor (31%), although leadership still remained the main reason (45%). they did not vote for Labour.

But just 17% of people who did not vote Labour said the party's stance on Brexit was the reason.
    The story was similar across previous Labour supporters who had voted Labour and Conservative - Corbyn was the by far largest factor in losing their votes.

For Labour defectors to the Conservative Party Brexit was a higher factor (31%), although leadership still remained the main reason (45%). they did not vote for Labour."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/jeremy-corbyns-sons-issue-defiant-21095905

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  10. wtdog

wtdog Well-Known Member

I dont really think Corbyn is anti semitic but the party is quite heavy with Islamic members some of whom do hate Jews.

Makemstine Roger and Class of 73 like this.

11. Owld Feller

Could they be the reason why he supports any form of anti Israeli terrorism?

12. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

I would agree Corbyn was vilified by the press.. but by god he gave them plenty ammo!

Bonko also got a rough ride from the press 'how many children do you have' etc. But being a shagger is not normally a big factor in deciding whom to vote for. Bonko was down as a serial liar and untrustworthy... but Corbyn was seen as worse.

Owld Feller likes this.
  13. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Johnson reminds me so much of Prince Charles ...

... waited all his life for a job he won't know what to do with.

14. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

I suspect that you would need to be a very active and senior member of the Labour Party to KNOW what the level of anti-Semitism is.
    However, so many Jewish, long standing and respected MP have made the claim that it has been given credence.
    This has been underlined by triumphalism from SOME left wing activists during TV interviews, but as far as I KNOW, these were not Party spokesmen/women , and every party will have some idiots.

One telling point though was the intervention of the Chief Rabbi.
    We are all used to The Archbishop of Canterbury making political statements from time to time.
    This is the first time I've ever heard one from the head of the Jewish Church.

On a personal level there seems to be no doubt whatever that Corbyn supports Palestine and is anti the Israeli Government.
    Close on 50% of Israeli citizens are anti the Israeli Government.
    I am anti the Israeli Government. But I support the Jewish Nation.
    That doesn't make me anti Semitic any more than being anti Trump makes me anti American.

So far though it's looking like the Labour upper echelons are refusing to believe that their swing to the extreme left has been at least one of the reasons for their hammering.
    Despite the evidence of recent history they still don't get it.
    Until they do we can look forward to Boris.

And for those labour supporters who are in despair, why not do something about it yourselves.
    Join the Party Get involved.
    Fight the extremists at local level and stop them taking control of YOUR Party if you are so unhappy about the situation.
    It might not be as difficult as you first think to succeed. There must be millions of Labour Supporter just waiting to be convinced that they should return to the fold.

RTB and wtdog like this.
  15. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

I see Damien Green was on LBC radio yesterday advocating medical insurance for social care

16. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Undoubtedly there are anti-semitic people involved in the Labour Party and they have to be routed out. It is right a lot of it is made in the press as the LP puts itself out as better than that.

My " but" is that some of stick the LP gets is because of its support for the Palestinian dispossessed people and the very good media savvy Israeli/Zionist fighting back.

17. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

While you are right enough, the Palestinians are by no means without fault.

In this very complicated situation, riddled with historical and religious controversy, one of the few things that seem plain is that it is the Palestinians that are firing badly aimed missiles into Israel.
    Israel then retaliates, usually with more accurate weapons and regularly resulting in civilian casualties.

The Palestinian Militias are seen, in terms of international law, to be the terrorists and the aggressors.

It's a very small jump from that highly over-simplification of mine to say that Corbyn supports terrorism.

18. Gatesy

Gatesy Well-Known Member

What about his relationship with known IRA members though?

19. Build Back Better

Build Back Better Active Member

Interesting that the always offended left call everyone a fascist and a nazi and they are ever so frightened that we are back in the 30's.

Well they have taken the Labour Party back to 1935, where they are in good company with another set of Jew hating knackers.

Makemstine Roger and Hamish 1973 like this.
  20. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

He refused to condemn their bombing campaign and went to the funerals of IRA members to bring about peace, obviously.

Makemstine Roger and Hamish 1973 like this.