1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2020 and January Transfers

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cytrax, Dec 31, 2019.

1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Let's talk about where we need to see improvements in the team. Or perhaps, let's talk about how the current squad can form a consistent starting 11 that can deliver consistent results for the rest of the season.

We started the season in the worst possible way by conceding silly goals and struggling to score on the other end. We dominated games against lower sides, then let it slip away on several occasions. However, lately, Rashford and Martial have started to hit the back of the net on a more consistent basis. Then there's Greenwood who has been the bright light in a gloomy 2019/2020 season.

Ole made fundamental errors in the summer but I particular appreciate how he's been transforming the squad with younger and hungrier set of players. I like his prioritization of looking for only players that will fit into the culture. Throwing money at greedy agents like Riola has been frankly disastrous for us.

That said, one key addition that we need badly is a creative force in the middle of the park. We all want Pogba to be that player, but he's poorly inconsistent and rarely plays these days to mind his Instagram posts. Regardless of what we do with him, we need to get more goals from the midfield and enhance the right flank. So far, we are ranked 12th when it comes to crosses at 355. City leads the way with 497. There's an obvious gap there that needs fixing.

We will be better served focusing on those two areas and trusting in the output from Rashford, Martial and Greenwood.

Thoughts?

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Right wing for sure, yes. Dan James is way better off the left and we've relied too heavily on him, when he really was bought as a prospect.

We need a top drawer CM in some shape or form. Not young, not a prospect, a finished article. Whether this player replaces or plays with Pogba is the big question of course.

We also need a left back.

And I personally think we need a centre half. Get rid of Jones, Rojo & Bailly. Just get the **** out, please.

We then use Maguire, AN Other, Tuanzebe and Lindelof as our first team centre halves.

cytrax likes this.
  3. Stan

Stan Stalker

I think Mike Smalling should be brought back into the squad. He's better than Rojo and Jones, although that's probably why a big club was prepared to take him on loan.

4. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I like Mike as well. Lol

5. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Smalling has all but gone apparently.

Next out the door should be:

Jones
    Shaw
    Pogba
    Bailly
    Lingard
    Pereira

In that order. I don’t see us selling Pereira if Ole is still here though.

Jones, Shaw and Pogba priorities to get out of the club, awful players with absolutely no hunger to succeed at this club.

Bailly, Lingard and Pereira are just ****, and will never be good enough.

Then Fosu Mensah, Chong and Gomez need released. 3 poor players who just ain’t ever gonna make it but fool us into thinking they add something to the squad.

Out of that lot, Pereira is the only one who has influenced us this season in any positive way, so there’s no way we couldn’t handle getting rid.

6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I'd think Matic needs to leave as well, he's giving us nothing.

As long as he's replaced of course.

Be an interesting window. If we don't sign the players Ole is after he might as well walk now as wait for summer.

7. Tel (they/them)

Ole should be first out the door before any of them, he’s tactically retarded.

He’s spent £135m on our defence and made it worse than it was somehow.

Anybody that continues to champion him based on him being given time is pissing in the wind.

cytrax likes this.
  8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

We've had this discussion, I just think it might as well be end of season and stand by the reasoning.

That all being said now, if we really really want fourth (and it's another race by three teams to see who is least ****) then perhaps it's time to replace him?

Would have to be Poch though, the likes of Allegri don't know the PL enough to turn it round.

Problem is, that needs to happen now. Woodward will do it in March or something, when it's too late.

If we don't beat Norwich, pull the trigger? They should.

cytrax likes this.
  9. Stan

Stan Stalker

Lingard has signed up with Raiola. Hopefully that means he’s ****ing off.

10. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Given his position on the field and the number of game minutes he's played its a ****ing disgrace that he hasn't scored or been involved in an assist in more than 12 months. The sooner he goes the better, not that Leicester will take him. He can join the list of other make-weights that we are accumulating for transfer deals.

11. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Just flog the lot Rufflad and start from scratch <laugh>

12. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

No goals, no assists in twelves months... SAD!! And the amount that these knts get paid.

glazerfodder likes this.
  13. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Before we go on another run of unless few wins thinking that we have turned the corner yet again, the confluence of events means that this is the best time to get Poch in. It's good that we didn't grab him right after he lost his job with Spurs. But enough time has passed that we have even more evidence to know that we are going nowhere under Ole and we certainly wouldn't be worse off by bringing in Poch sooner than rather later.

If we are rebuilding for next season, get the right manager in now and that gives him six months to get the right players and execute his plan in readiness for 20/21 season.

14. Stan

Stan Stalker

How is Poch the right man?!

15. Tel (they/them)

Poch is the right man because he got a pathetic Spurs squad and achieved about as best as they’d had for god knows how long, given money and a club who can attract the best mixed with our culture of breeding youth, I think he’s the best fit.

and because Allegri would keep Pogba

glazerfodder and cytrax like this.
  16. Stan

Stan Stalker

But he thinks he’s too good for the club and deserves a transfer.

17. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Exactly! The one key achievement from Ole is how he has blended academy and local players into the team. I would like us to remain on that path versus going out to pay insane money for anyone linked to the team. Look at how that pig agent has used us over the last four years. I believe Poch has the track record to continue that youth development and with our resources, bring in smart and concise additions that will blend into the culture. Conversely, I wouldn't trust Allegri to stick to that formula. That is why I would much prefer Poch over Allegri.

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I'm also not 100% sure he is either but he's the right available man.

Which LVG and Joe were, allegedly.

We're in a right state, Ole clearly isn't up for the job (never was) and we're scrabbling around for the next unemployed manager once again.

I agree he's a better bet now then Allegri, who is the better coach/manager long term. Short term though, I don't think he'd solve our immediate issues.

Which is Ole's inability to take advantage of the fact that our rivals for 4th are **** and we should be a few point clear by now.

Poch might sort that.

Based on last night alone, I'd say Ole has three games as if he doesn't beat Norwich, loses to Wolves and/or gets his arse handed to him by Liverpool, he's gone.

19. Tel (they/them)

I don’t think many fans would have thought Moyes, Van Gaal or Jose were a good fit for our club. Yes two of them were high calibre winners, but they didn’t have the pedigree to produce the only sort of football that can win this league with City/Chelsea and now Liverpool’s style. Jose come closest and was still ridiculously off the pace.

I genuinely don’t think Ole will be sacked for at least another year, because of this time bullshit. The fans will never turn on him inside the stadium. We will lose out on an available brilliant manager who is waiting for United to call him.

20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I don't think he's right at all, he may well get you top 4 but beyond that no. As I've said a few times Simeone is the best man for you.