1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grand Prix thread 2020 Portuguese Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by ched999uk, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2020.
  1. Lewis Hamilton

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Valtteri Bottas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Max Verstappen

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Alexander Albon

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Daniel Ricciardo

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Carlos Sainz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Lando Norris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Pierre Gasly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Charles Leclerc

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Any Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Justjazz

Justjazz Well-Known Member

I think it goes with the territory, in all areas of life success brings criticism. I have always thought auditors have it easy, looking at results and decisions taken in the heat of a transaction is a job for those who can't or dare not try. The critics are just selfish, jealous individuals who can only achieve fame and recognition through criticism, a bit like politics, full of narcissistic, frequently lying, under achievers.
    How many thought Lewis made a bad decision going to Mercedes, loads did. Oh whoops, they got that wrong. No time for those people. They need to get out and try it themselves and then, and only then, might they have an opinion worth listening too.

ErnieBecclestone likes this.
  2. Mr.B

Mr.B Well-Known Member

I kind of get what you're saying, but isn't that what internet forums are about? People being able to discuss their shared interests and various perspectives, regardless of whether they have direct personal experience?

I wouldn't want to be a member of a forum that only allowed people like me to join. I join forums to get away from people like me. <laugh>

El_Bando, SgtBhaji and ched999uk like this.
  3. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

4. Justjazz

Justjazz Well-Known Member

My point is some people adopt a 'put down' position with a glass half empty. By getting out and trying I mean in anything they do. I think people who try in whatever way is relevant to their lives, no matter what, appreciate that in trying people make mistakes or fail even but have respect for those who do try. If someone tries and succeeds it should be celebrated. Also, hating is such a negative emotion it should be reserved for the true ***** in this world.
    Both Nico and Bottas would have multiple WDCs if Lewis was not present.
    We all want more competition in the sport but that is not Lewis's fault, it is more the fault of the other manufacturers.

5. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Of course we would all like Lewis to prove his worthiness against Verstappen, leclerc or ricciardo but either the team or Lewis won't allow it and we are stuck with that bean bag, Bottas.

eddie_squidd likes this.
  6. eddie_squidd

eddie_squidd Well-Known Member

From the team's point of view, they can expect win both the drivers and constructor's championship every year with the drivers they have. No need to make things complicated or allow driver tensions to break the team. It's boring but it's been working very well for them. Sadly, it's not actually their job to be entertaining.

That said, if they don't sign Russell for 2022 I am going to explode.

El_Bando and ched999uk like this.
  7. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Love to see Bottas replaced by Alonso, I think both are mature and respectful of each other enough now to make it work.

8. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Be interesting what Alonso is like after he's come back as Schumacher was like 50% the driver he was though he did have that neck injury and Mercedes was a heap of junk for the first couple of years of he's comeback

ched999uk likes this.