1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grand Prix thread 2020 Tuscan Grand Prix, Ferrari's 1,000th F1 race

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by ched999uk, Sep 10, 2020.

?

Who will master the Mugello track?

Poll closed Sep 12, 2020.
  1. Lewis Hamilton

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Valtteri Bottas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Max Verstappen

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Alexander Albon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Daniel Ricciardo

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Carlos Sainz

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. Lando Norris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Lance Stroll

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Pierre Gasly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Any Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

You're repeating yourself because your not explaining yourself.

I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm happy to have a conversation about this.

2. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I find it quite racist tbh, the figures show the cops in the US are just as likely to shoot a poor white person as a poor black person.
    I personally think this is about Lewis' pr.

3. eddie_squidd

eddie_squidd Well-Known Member

4. eddie_squidd

eddie_squidd Well-Known Member

5. ched999uk

ched999uk Well-Known Member

To me it's not the message that is the issue on the podium it's that the podium ceremony has been overshadowed by a driver's message. Just look at how much press coverage is about the t shirt not the actual tragic incident. I mean it should be a celebration of all the hard work that has gone into getting the driver there. It shouldn't be about promoting a cause, do that via the car or interviews etc.

If causes are allowed to be promoted then where does it end? Imagine in Russia if a driver wore a t shirt saying 'Get Putin out of Crimea, Ukraine' or 'Give Northern Ireland back to the Irish' at Silverstone, or 'Give the Falklands back to Argentina' to mention just a few political issues.
    The podium ceremony would just be about the causes the driver wanted to promote.
    Not sure promote is the right word but hopefully you get the general idea.

I think Lewis is highlighting very important issues that need to be resolved but he needs to keep all the drivers and teams behind him and not going off on a tangent, however worthy it is. They all need to be united in the same message 'End Racism' not add his own twist to it like 'Black Lives Matter' when everyone else is pushing the End Racism message.

All lives matter and everyone should be treated equal - no question.

Big Ern and Number 1 Jasper like this.
  6. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

yeah, but that'll never happen, the poor have always, and will always get ****ed.
    The scales of justice may be blind, but that just means they don't care who gives the gold.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  7. ched999uk

ched999uk Well-Known Member

Just watched Teds notebook and he made an interesting point. Kimi and Grosjean were allowed to unlap themselves and warm their tyres whereas George had colder tyres so less traction on the restart!!! So if everyone had warm tyres George might have had a point!!!
    There seems to be lots of 'issues' coming out of these restarts, like who is on racing line and who is on dirty line, getting free tyre changes, unlapping and warming tyres at same time etc.....

OK so we have always had odd drivers who luck in or out when safety cars happen and where they are in relation to the pits but that is pure luck. The issues with the red flag restarts are not really luck as they happen to everyone equally. But it all depends on if they have extra tyres etc.

I guess what I am saying is the red flag restarts seem to have mixed things up for too many drivers and have the possibility of changing the order too much and not on merit.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  8. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Must admit I like the random mayhem these starts can bring . Wouldn’t want it on a regular basis , but once in a while it adds a bit of total chaos , and I need that at the moment :)

9. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Late restarts are pretty unfair for half the grid. We see how dirty off the racing line gets as the race goes on. Half the grid will be starting on marbles if we restart two thirds through a race.
    Is fun to watch though.