1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly), Jan 7, 2020.

1. Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly)

Hi All, back again. Is 2020 our year as we certainly deserve some luck. 2019 was the year of conceding last minute goals, wordly goals from opposing players who don't score, great performances from opposing goalkeepers , clinical finishing from few shots on target from the opposition and some bad decision making in both goalmouths from us. 2020 has brought 11 goals in 2 matches from a team who were threatening this imo for a while. A false position in the league but not getting the results we deserve and running out of excuses is boring and trying to explain to family and friends we had twice as many shots and twice as much possession !!!
    I have watched most of the games, live, sky or streamed and have been impressed for the most part especially in last few games. We are the second highest scorers yet 14th?!!! says something about our defence and keeper you may ask? but probably being the better team this season for possibly 75% of the matches is amazing. We lost 3-0 to Cardiff in the league but were the better team by far and the reverse of that result would have been fair. There are several more examples. Yes winning football matches is about scoring more than the opposition but I have been very happy with the majority of our performances with a team put together on a shoestring. Yes, the defence looks dodgy at times and yes Lumley has had a few stinkers but the majority of the players are improving and Ball, Chair, Eze, Manning Amos and BOS are ,playing very well. . Its been a long time since 5/6 players can come in to a QPR side and just fill in as if nothing has changed. We may lose a few of them....I really hope not and if Eze goes then I really hope we get proper money for him because I think he could be Englands best player in a season or so, and please none of them to a Championship club as I truly believe we play some of the best football. Ive watched other Championship games and yes you are only as good as the opposition allows you but most of the football in mundane and predictable.....I like the way we play.

Back to 2020...….11 goals but just 3 points and through to next round which wont mean a lot if we lose to Sheff Wed but I really hope this is our year and we at least get what we deserve and a little bit of luck along the way....our strikers continuing to be clinical, opposition strikers missing open goals, opposing keepers making mistakes , dodgy refereeing decisions going our way etc etc...…...Lets face it Liverpool are a good side but that's why they are where they are!!!!!!!!

igor60, Uber_Hoop and QPR Oslo like this.