1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Sell Kane and Son
    replace with Lukaku and Perisic
    Conte then leaves Spurs to manage PSG

^^ the most Spursy transfer window

TheBear likes this.
  2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Reports that both Jesus and Tielemans have agreed personal terms with Arsenal and the club are preparing bids with City and Leicester.

Personally, if we can pull it off, I think these two signings would be ****ing massive for us. And would represent a huge upgrade on for this team.

3. straycat_67

straycat_67 Well-Known Member

sauces?? :emoticon-0129-call:

BrunelGunner and gooner4ever like this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Admittedly it was just twitter accounts saying it.

Here's one for Jesus

Can't find the one for Tielemans now. I guess we'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks,

5. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I think Jesus and Tielemans would both be solid signings, but I worry about whether they would be players capable of taking us from 5th to 4th.

Citizen Kane. likes this.
  6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

As long as we sign them along with another striker and defender, then we can.

Apparently we've had an initial bid rejected for Scamacca rejected, which suggests we are in for two strikers still (I wasn't sure after Nketiah decided to stay, thought he might be our second striker option)

And the Aaron HIckey rumours seem to be gathering pace too.

gooner4ever likes this.
  7. BrunelGunner

BrunelGunner Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

8. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

I follow this guy on Twitter and tbf he has got a lot of information right. Obviously situations can change, but it does seem like we're in pole position to sign Jesus.

I don't rate him that highly, but if he does join, then I hope he can change my perception of him.

9. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Yeah looks like Real are also after Gabriel Jesus. Gonna make it a tricky one for us to pull off.

Looks like we are actually after Gabriel Jesus and Scamacca.

Scamacca is s 6'5 Italian Target man currently playing for Sassuolo. He scored 17 goals last term and is now a regular in the Italian National team.
    For a big guy he is quick and technically superb.. Negatives: I'm not sure he will ever be prolific as a goalscorer as he plays quite deep and links almost like a false 9.

If we could sign both, plus a quality CM - that would be a pretty good window.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

11. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

excited about this signing and hope he does well.

I remember when city first signed him I thought they had quite the player on their hands and was green with envy. Have to say he hasn’t really kicked on for me since then, but hopefully being the main man going forward with us he can really push on.

Also can’t help but think he fits arteta system really well. good signing.

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think he’ll fit our system really well, quick, mobile, versatile and more importantly, he scores goals.

He’s worked with Arteta before, so his integration into the team should be fairly seamless.

He also brings a winning mentality to our team which the young players will feed off.

13. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

Feel underwhelmed with this signing tbh, I don't think he's particularly clinical and the stats prove that really. I've never been overly impressed when I've watched him play. But hey, maybe that's just my perception of him.

City have done very well to get £45m+ for a player who has 1 year left on their contract.

Nonetheless, he's an Arsenal player now, so I want the best for him and I really, really hope he proves me wrong.

PINKIE and Citizen Kane. like this.
  14. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

He does suit your system really well and as others have said, he'll be more than familiar with Arteta's methodology and already knows the league so he should integrate pretty seamlessly.

But yeah, not very prolific at all. Always struck me as the type of player who needed 4 or 5 good chances to score 1 goal. Similar to Lacazette in that regard. At City, he was fortunate to play alongside players who provided those chances and then some. He also doesn't lead the line particularly well in games where you're being pushed back and need more of a 'presence' as an out ball up front. Again, at City this was rarely if ever an issue but at Arsenal it will be when you face stronger sides.

Overall I think it's a very sensible purchase at a very nonsensical price. £50m for a bit-part player with a year on his contract is ridiculous.

BrunelGunner likes this.
  15. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

I think he'll be a better fit up top than Lacazette and Aubameyang (based on his final 18 months). He is nimble, has a good touch, presses from the front, gets involved with build-up play, is a decent dribbler and can run the channels. But only Benteke was worse than him in underperforming xG last season. Like you say, he isn't a ruthless finisher and that's what we need.

Sometimes I don't know if I'm judging him too harshly, as he didn't always start for City and has been moved around the front 3 positions a lot. Then I think it's his lack of consistency which caused Guardiola to prefer playing a false 9, rather than placing him as the focal point. When you also factor him playing in a chance-creating machine like City for the last 4.5 years, it also doesn't help his case and his statistics aren't quite as impressive.

Against physically dominant centre-backs, we will struggle in aerial duels IMO. Jesus is 5'9 and Nketiah is 5'11, so there's not much room to switch things up if our Plan A isn't working. It's why I've been begging for more variety in attack, but doesn't seem like modern coaches favour having any other plan apart from their preferred one.

So yeah, stylistically, he may well be a good fit, but can he put the ball in the net when we need him to? Remains to be seen.

TheBear and Citizen Kane. like this.
  16. TheBear

Yeah agree - I think he suites Arteta's system much better than Lacazette or Auba.

PINKIE likes this.
  17. TheBear

Looking like Raphinha is going to Chelsea - fee of around 65m agreed.

Makes me think we should..

1. Try and beat them to Sterling - fee is around £45m - which to be honest seems like better business.
    or..
    2. Bid for Gnabry - who has refused a new deal at Bayern. Same age as Raphinha and i'm sure would go for less than 50m.

Alternative to all that - we don't NEED wide players why not spend the money on a World Class CM?

gooner4ever likes this.
  18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think we should just go and get Tielemans now. £25m-£30m should do it. Don't want to see us dither on this and miss out

Solid_Air 2 and BrunelGunner like this.
  19. TheBear

I like Tielemans he's decent just wonder if there's anyone better around.

If we are willing to spend £60m on Raphinha surely we should be looking at Barella, Bellingham possibly De Jong.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Raphinha would have been nice, but like you say I’m not even sure we need anymore wide players.

I’d rather spend that £65m on Tielemans and the other £35m towards Lisandro Martinez