1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 2023 NEW START - - inflation - POST EVENT INQUIRIES ++ ARE PEOPLE GETTING Fed up?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by realred1952, Jul 5, 2022.

1. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

HIGH COURT STATES Rwanda is Legal ... so step one of the ladder gained ....
    Person arrested over migrant death's could be, I say could be a lead on the gangs?
    A bad week for strikes I am against them, so hope it pours with rain on the picket lines and the Labour MP'S GET SOAKED .......
    BAD WEATHER FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS ... but hopefully not to warm over Christmas !!!

2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Private sector, who finance the Public sector, settle on 5%.
    Public sector strike for plus double digit inflation.
    Funny old world.

The Rwanda decision has been welcomed by every woke or otherwise barrister in the land.
    Every day will be Christmas for that lot next year.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  3. realred1952

be interesting as the law is now there it is legal. 1 OR 2 CASES TO SET PRCEDENTS ... and it will be strengthened ... in 1982 I set a precedent against the dole people .... they now have to tell people what their entitlement is after being made redundant. . . . . . OUT OF WORK AFTER IT ETC ......

4. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I imagine the decision will go to appeal now

5. realred1952

I dont know, I think it is a final ruling. The cases given to the court were all different type scenarios to get a final ruling on the legality. The court highlighted further action needed to be done to some of the cases before finalizing .. but should all the boxes get ticked ..high court ruling would stand on legality. Not read it all ... to bizzy!

6. AshtonRed

They can appeal the overall decision.

The individual cases were also thrown back as not enough background done individually on them. Each case must be judged on its individual circumstances, so even if an appeal doesn’t go ahead the government can’t just send them in bulk, they have to make a solid case for each individual to be sent. So won’t be a quick fix.

7. realred1952

they already have a lot ready for deportation and each week a very few do get sent away

8. AshtonRed

None have been sent to Rwanda yet, and none are ready to be sent either.

9. realred1952

no these are processed for deportation generally .. crims and other types and those that are generally found to be in breach of of any orders or work related illegally ... off now to be bizzy

10. AshtonRed

Your original post was about the high court ruling the Rwanda bill is legal. I merely pointed out the ruling is that in principle the ruling stated it wasn’t illegal, but each case needs to be taken on an individual basis, all the cases presented were rejected as not enough evidence was given on any of them. Therefore the government can’t just send people en mass they need to make a valid case for each one individually.

The point was nothing to do with deportation in general, it was about whether individuals can be sent to Rwanda, the idea of which, is supposedly, to prevent illegal boat crossings.

11. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hey Ashton - I see JGF has thrown you another bone.......<laugh><laugh>

12. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

No one will ever be deported or moved to Rwanda.
    And even in the unlikely event of anyone being approved for deportation, it would only be a handful of people, at an estimated cost of hundreds of thousands of pounds per person.
    It will never affect the 40 odd thousand that have come here illegally this year, and who are now occupying over 400 hotels in the UK at vast costs, whilst our own families and veterans are sleeping rough, or sitting in cold houses.
    The second that the latest decision was announced, all of the liberals, and charities were crying and screaming because they might have to face up to the fact that the majority of people in this country disagree with them, whilst as RP says, the lawyers that we pay for, will ensure that these undocumented people can remain here at our expense no matter what their motives for staying.
    Yet we can easily deport Boris Becker !!!!
    Joke

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
  13. Redprintt

It's bloody ridiculous.
    We're governed on immigration by the woke lefty elite.
    Who voted for that bunch ?

14. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We've stopped immigration over here. The small boats coming up the channel were diverted to Swansea and they all turned back.........<laugh>

Fecking hell guys, cheer yourself up and go and watch your football team - on second thoughts don't bother....<laugh>

15. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Oi! Get home. I've warned you about this.

Angelicnumber16 and Oldsparkey like this.
  16. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I don't agree with strikes for pay (as I've said on other posts) so they get no support from me in that respect.
    However, I think it's more complicated than stating that the Private sector is settling on 5% so the Public sector should too. There's more to it than that IMHO.

Public sector pay has been massively squeezed for the last 10+ years under the policy of Austerity. In the meantime, the Private sector have been enjoying 5% pay rises for most of those years (the figures are speculative, but their pay deals have certainly been larger). For most of this period, inflation has been low, so the Public sector workers have been able to absorb the cost of living increases despite having little or no extra money coming in. Now however, with inflation running at around 10%, the impact of having little or no pay increases for a VERY long time (10+ years), combined with (in the case of the nurses) the extra demands of their jobs due to staff shortages and Covid PLUS the cost of living increases, they can't absorb the cost of living increases any longer.
    It's important to note whilst on the subject, that not ALL Public sector pay has been squeezed during Austerity - the Judges, Politicians and other senior Civil Servants have enjoyed bumper pay rises, it's the nurses and teachers in particular that I'm commenting on here (the Rail strikes are different - that dispute is within the Private sector).

Mrs R&W was a teacher before she retired in 2020. She endured a pay freeze for most of the last 10 years leading up to her retirement. In her last year of work she received a pay rise of 1.5%.
    Myself on the other hand; I work in the Financial Services sector and have enjoyed pay rises year on year during the same period. They weren't huge (2% - 3%) but it meant that my salary kept up with, or even exceeded, inflation. Added to this I have been lucky enough to receive bonuses - nowhere near the likes seen in the City of London, but a few £k each year which has also helped. The Public sector get nothing like this (Judges and politicians excepted)

Again, I don't like or agree with strikes for pay, but I think that what we are seeing now is as a cumulative result of year upon year of neglect in the Public sector, which has now pushed very hard working people to the point whereby they feel they have nothing to lose by taking action.

IMHO things could be a lot worse - if nurses and teachers in particular, rather than taking industrial action, decide en-masse that the profession simply isn't worth staying in or training for any more we'd be in a right pickle.

17. Redprintt

More complicated ?
    Pensions ?

18. AshtonRed

In the case of nurses I think they are/have, thats half of the problem. Many have either left altogether, or become bank nurses where they get paid double, and can chose the hours to suit their needs.

19. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

The days of Final Salary pensions are over mate - for both Private and Public sectors.
    My wife was one of the last generation of teachers to get one - and she worked until 65. It’s all contributions-based now with private companies. We were one of the last lucky few.
    A new teacher going into the profession straight from university now can expect a pension of around £14kpa after working all their lives (assuming they stay a classroom teacher and don’t move into management).
    One of the previous governments (I can’t remember which) raided the teacher’s and police pension pots (because they were doing so well at the time) to subsidise other public sector pension pots that weren’t doing so well. That was about 20 years ago.

I can’t comment on nurses pensions because I simply have no idea about them.

20. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

It's difficult
    I do have some sympathy with nurses, but their opening gambit of wanting 19% just makes them sound greedy, and their job (and contract they sign) should be amended to stop them ever striking again.
    If the Government give them anything, then I hope that they make it realistic and affordable. Higher public sector wages will just fuel further inflation, which has hopefully peaked, and in the months to come if it continues on the downward slope it will benefit everyone.