1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 2023 NEW START - - inflation - POST EVENT INQUIRIES ++ ARE PEOPLE GETTING Fed up?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by realred1952, Jul 5, 2022.

1. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

2. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Spot on.
    Some folk don't get it.

4. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

what is it with nickerless ... what bit about you cant she can not understand.
    Section 35 was devised by all 3 parties ..modified by all 3 parties till it sat well then voted on ... 25 years ago as a safety valve to protect ENGLAND/SCOTLAND/WALES & N IRELAND... IT IS NOT A VETO. Today in parliament 3 times after having it explained it was used by SNP members as a veto.
    Transgender people are out there but so are many perverts who would just love to "pretend they are, for self gratification" and likely voyerism!

5. RedorDead

One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money
    from you, I'm doing community service this week.' The florist was pleased and left the shop.
    When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.' The cop was happy and left the shop.
    The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen doughnuts waiting for him at his door.

Then a Member of Parliament came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The Member of Parliament was very happy and left the shop.
    The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen Members of Parliament lined up waiting for a free haircut.

6. realred1952

BY ANY CHANCE WERE THEY LABOUR AND OFF THE PICKET LINE!

7. AshtonRed

No they were tories who’d been found out for supplying dodgy PPE equipment

8. RedorDead

9. AshtonRed

Rishi gets another FPN, it’s embarrassing!!

10. realred1952

He didnt get one, invited one and when it arrives will pay it!
    Anyone on here had a fixed penalty notice? I have had a few for differing things but only paid out and had points for 2 ..maybe 3 !
    Mind you had a load for parking.. services and parking areas where you dont actually pay ... best one was £40 fine if paid in 14 days ... last communication [ 5th letter ] was baliffs being informed, court action, fine was £380 [ pay in 28 days or else! ] and costs were £ 120 plus vat! Didnt reply to a single letter, but did send a letter anonymously stating " reference to your request of payment for over staying 2 hours in the MOTORWAY SERVICES, to the sum of £200 plus costs ... see you in court!

11. AshtonRed

Didn’t realise you were a criminal too, explains a lot <laugh><laugh>

12. realred1952

better un explain then as none are /were criminal acts.
    It is amazing howmany people get scammed by the "parking companies!" that run the car parks. Have had 2 in supermarket ones one at LIDL[ Southmead ] the other at Tesco [ Perth ] ..LIDL one phoned their head office and within a minute or so it was quashed! Tesco one took a phone call to their head office .. not very helpful .. as couldnt do anything... parking company is handling it all. 3 emails following a letter to say had overstayed 17 mins. Fine would go up and charges added if not paid within .... my 3rd reply was.. ok told you my circumstances, so I guess you will see me in court! Had a email 2 days later it said we have reviewed your case and on this occassion we will not be pursuing .......
    95/100 OF "SOLICITORS" sending you letters reaping the cash and paying a % back to / or paying up front for yourcase are not registered with the law society! Ashton, you could become a solicitor writing to people and scamming their hard earned dosh all need is a pack of envelopes professionally printed headed note paper and a PO box ..............lol

13. realred1952

Erdogan tells Sweden not to expect support for its application to join NATO! Recent unrest in Sweden headed by a Danish far right politician was the last straw. These protests are primarily by Kurdish immigrants. We all talk about freedom of speech [ and human rights ] but it is a bit of a smack in the face to the Swedish people who have given them sanctuary! It is a bit strange though how a MP from a different country can actually orchestrate a protest in a foreign country! and burn a quoran as an afront to muslims [ Turkey is primarily a muslim country ]...an under cover Russian plot!??
    Why are we being bombarded by tax " misdemeandors" or weak links to someone helping someone else to fund a loan when there is so much other important stuff going on that needs attending to. Strikes and pickets being resolved is far more important than taking up an hour of parliamentary time slagging off individuals than actually doing something to resolve and give time important things.
    The reasoning behind a lot of the strikes is/ was inflation well it is going to come down so does that mean when inflation comes back down and the prices of the things some of the strikers have used to say why they want money ... like petrol/ heating/ utilities etc they will give it back! Of course not they are driven by the union bosses to strike and demand more money ... a lot do not [ strikers ] do not know that offer of one off " inflation payments" payments were tendered but union bosses said no! ALSO it is not really about a rise in some aspects but working conditions etc etc etc ... like a a 4 day week with a on the table pay rise but same money as a 5 day week! plus extra holidays ..........

14. AshtonRed

In answer to your first question it’s about integrity and trust in Politicians and those that govern us, without both we are screwed. In answer to your question about strikes, & inflation, the cost of living crisis is the catalyst, but most public sector workers have seen a 20% - 30% decrease in their relative pay since the Tories came into power, and that’s before the latest cost of living crisis. Most would probably settle for a 10%, rise for 22/23, I’ll let you do the math.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
  15. realred1952

considering my pension follows the same guidelines as the "baseline" for most public purses. Afew month's back I did a clearout of old reciepts and invoices a few tesco shops and fuel ones.. whilst fuel was as a courier food was not on something like 23 or so items spread over about 9 month's from about 2002 on 3 shops My food bill had risen by about 11% in 9 -10 years my pension figures available were for 7 years pretty close to that [ 9.9% ] as of april 2022. Biggest rise is Council TAX from Bristol City council in about 7 years has gone up by about 39%...

16. AshtonRed

Yes, but your loaded, <laugh><laugh>

17. realred1952

gosh no! not now need a 20% rise in all my pensions to get back to being in the uk's top worth at 50,342,138!

AshtonRed likes this.
  18. realred1952

I THINK ALONG WITH OTHERS SHOPS ARE TAKING THE MICK ... at this time of hardship, inflation etc they are jacking up prices unrealistically. We buy pet food for our yorkie, 4 tins in a pack a year ago was up to / around £2.50p - £3 brand could be bought B&M / Home Bargains / 4 main supermarkets + co op [ always about 15% dearer. The co op now wants £4 + whilst B& M is around £3 from about £2.50p.
    Weetabix used to be 18 month's or so ago around 7.8p per biscuit now over 10.5p [ Tesco ] I always check the biscuit price as they pack 12/24/48/72 On occassions I have bought less than 72's price in multiples of other sizes... [ ukraine war doesnt help! ] Toilet rolls I have always had a big van, since 2002 .. for work and pleasure. Items stored on board clothes tinned food . dried food etc. I am currently on my third one! and emptied contents into new one .. including a pack of 4 toilet rolls [ about circa 2016/7! They were cheaper brand .. bit less than ANDREX! ... Today compared the size .... width 95mm old stock 113mm diameter of roll 115mm old stock 125 mm + Number of sheets unknown but old stock used to be 240!?

NI protocol seemingly getting to a result so hopefully one less worry for the labour to chew on!

19. AshtonRed

Re NI, I hope you’re right, but I wouldn’t count your chickens.

20. realred1952

it is a distraction for all concerned. Should there be a system where goods land on NI SHORE AND FREE TO ROAM anywhere on the Island then there should be a nominal check point where a small crew of border guards maybe check 6 trucks at random off each ferry!
    Increase the penalty to vehicle confiscation, massive fine [prison ] for failures to be honest and a driver fine/ ban. Any company breaking the rules would need to always go into red lane on future trips. Confiscated vehicles would be returned after say 3 month's at a cost of €20k ......

When you watch the border guard TV docs for various countries every day you get vehicles breaking/ companies breaking/ third parties breaking the rules..... Australia besides drugs etc confiscate £millions in excise duty on tobacco 20 tonnes at a time sometimes!