1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

25 man squad????

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by WithsHC, Jan 27, 2011.

1. WithsHC

WithsHC Member

2. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Funny you should say that. Around March or April last year one of the other PL managers was threatened with punishment by the PL for fielding a weakened side and said they should try looking at ours first.

3. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

It's an absolute ****ing joke. Why shouldn't you be allowed to rotate your squad tactically?

You have to field your absolute strongest team every week? Why doesn't every team just have 11 players and sell the rest, they're a waste of wages if they're not allowed to be used.
    (exaggerated a bit I know) ;) But this really does piss me off :headbang:

4. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

It's ridiculous to fine them for this.

If you have 11 journeymen players and 11 up and coming players, who determines at which point the youth players are a stronger team? I'm sure he said earlier in the season that if they fined him he'd resign. Do you think he'll do that before or after he's sold Charlie Adam?:emoticon-0105-wink:

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Holloway said he'd resign if he was punished, then added the caveat 'if the chairman thinks it's right thing to do', unsurprisingly, he doesn't think it's the right thing to do and he's going nowhere.

I thought Oyston was quite good on 5 Live last night, he invited the Premier League to get in touch and advise them of the team they should play on Wednesday night, he also did a decent job of explaining Holloway's bonus arrangement.

6. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

The thing with this is, when Manchester United rested players against us on the last day of the season, what happened to them? I am a big fan of Sir Alex and with all the youngsters we have on loan from them, i don't want to be on his bad side, but surely if Blackpool and Wolves where fined for playing a weakened teams, surely when big teams rest players they should be to?

Then what happens in the league cup and FA Cup when teams are resting their players? Is that allowed or what? There is a lot of clarifying that needs doing.

7. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Perhaps they'll come up with a transfer system in the future where they'll only grant you permission to move if you've played in more than 75% of your team's matches over the last 2 seasons. That'll stop people signing squad players / developing youth and playing them against the FA's wishes.

8. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It'd also stop sides from improving their squads. If a L1 side were to come in for Folan now we'd be unable to let him go to them. <yikes>