1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

3 things.

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SpanglishSaint, Feb 4, 2012.

1. SpanglishSaint

SpanglishSaint New Member

1. Did we pay 2 million for fox to boot the ball down the line and lose possesion everytime he receives the ball ?....(Not to mention he got sent off and Birmingham should have had a penalty for his clumbsy challenge)

2. We are playing in horendous conditions... So whose idea was it to play practically every corner short!? ....A corner is a chance to stick it in the box and get somnething on it!...How else was any1 going to score in that kind of game. We wasted most every corner we had.

3. At the end of the game Lambert has a great opportunity with a freekick in a cracking position to have an effort on goal but decides to dink it into the box where it was cleared easily away. Why oh why!?

Seriously the conditions were awful and I think a 0-0 scoreline was fair and predictable but still we didn´t help ourselves atall.

2. Saint-Harry

Saint-Harry Member

Great point.

3. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

I agree on them all - Fox's crossing has been poor recently, our corners/free kicks are getting too fancy as well, they just aren't going well

4. MMJ

MMJ Well-Known Member

<doh>.

5. evolution of saints

evolution of saints Active Member

I disagree with the first point. It was never a pen he got the ball. Very harsh for him to be sent off. Give him options to pass it and he will. The only criticism of fox is that he needs to run down the line a bit more. He seems scared to some of the time. Over lapping lallana would be good once in a while.

6. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Member

Slightly disagree with point 1, fox should never of been sent off, woeful refereeing cost us there. The challenge in the penalty box was ball first man second. But he does waste alot of balls down The line. However agree with the rest.

7. Saint-Harry

Saint-Harry Member

I think we should focus on the positives. We are second in the championship!

8. Fly

Fly Active Member

Agree with 2 and 3.

Fox wasn't bad tonight, thought he was very unlucky with the sending off.

And that challenge was never a penalty.

9. SuperSchneid

SuperSchneid Well-Known Member

Couldn't disagree more with your first point, fox has been really good this year for us, probably worth it for his set pieces, admittedly not off late. Also it was the most unlucky red you will see so don't go blaming him for that.... Also if you watched the replays he tackled the guy in the penalty area, reversed angle showed he got there first. So yea i agree with your other points, but think your being foolish in your first point.

10. TheRealOrangePeel - CRBA

Most points valid (apart from pen) and add a couple others performances (including the manager), but really..,that game should never been played.

Not exactly an advert for football...especially as I was watching it on a US channel!!

11. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Maybe we should let Fox sit out the next game then.
    <doh>

12. Imsaintsme

Imsaintsme Member

Yes we need to focus on the positives, we've been banging on about that for weeks. The mark of a true good team is to adapt and change things that are not quite working and we still showed a bit of naivety in our play today.

Agree with most points on this thread. Thought we could have nicked that one today.

Next few games are pretty critical now! Cone on saints let get some momentum!

13. SpanglishSaint

SpanglishSaint New Member

I don´t think he was unluck to be sent off. He had no intention to play the ball and pushed the birmingham player straight over...so in my opinion it´s a yellow. I´m not so sure about the penalty but I still think it was clumbsy.

14. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Maybe the 2nd challenge wasn't smart but the 1st wasn't even a foul.

15. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Beagrie said on Sky that Fox was the unluckiest footballer in the world. They showed that he took the ball and was not playing dangerously. The second yellow was also disputed but of course would not have mattered if he hadn't got the first. Only 1 match luckily.

16. Saint-Harry

Saint-Harry Member

Im sorry but the second one was 50/50, a foul at most. The first one was a quality challenge. If you didn't see him get the ball for the penalty claim then you need your eyes tested!

17. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Agree with points 2 and 3.

1 However I do disagree with, he could do with getting forward more. But we must balance this with Harding who I feel always loses his man and some times charges over and concedes a foul.

18. sotonstu

sotonstu Member

Clumsy? he got the ball and on his first booking he got the ball cleanly. i wonder about our fans sometimes so quick to jump on an individual be it guly fox harding or whoever its bloodystupid and un-needed

19. Saint-Harry

Saint-Harry Member

Im surprised a few of us haven't turned against Billy Sharp for not hitting his chance first time <laugh>

20. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Billy Sharp what a waste of ****ing money, he aint good enough for us and certainly dont wanna see him in the side again - he just cant take his chances, can we send him back to Donny!? ;)