1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

3 things.

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SpanglishSaint, Feb 4, 2012.

1. saintkitch

saintkitch Well-Known Member

He seems to be the only player that plays it long so I'm guessing he's doing what Nigel has told him to do. The first yellow IMO was a brilliant tackle never a booking the penalty incident was a **** first touch bet he one the ball with the tackle have no idea why we got a free kick from it and the second yellow was a shocking decision. Also add that has to be Connellys last start for us I'd rather play Davis up front he is old and useless and lazy.

2. Saint-Harry

Saint-Harry Member

Agreed.

3. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Is it me or have Saints kind of gone to sleep on the shooting front. We really appear to be shot shy. I accept that conditions were very bad today but surely they were ideal for trying for the mistakes in their defense. The goalkeeper has only to slip or a defender do the same. Am getting a wee bit frustrated about our shots on target numbers.
    Still after the mistakes of a few weeks ago I guess we should be happy we are still in the mix. I don't watch Saints or England matches on tv as I am the biggest Jonah for either team. I took a chance to see the score tonight, only to be in time to see Fox sent off. I quickly turned to another channel as I didn't want anything else to happen. So sorry for that chaps and chapesses!!

4. Imsaintsme

Imsaintsme Member

Fox was never a sending off but he does give the ball away 80% of the time. I'm guessing Adkins instructs him to be the man that looks long because he does have a decent cross. I'd rather it was Schneiderlin that pinged the ball more often because he's got the vision to be a playmaker and mix things up a bit more!

5. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Was never a penalty though it looked it at first. From other angle (the side the lino saw) he got the ball and the Brum player got him on the ankle..hence a Saints free kick. We always jump on the officials' backs, so well done lino..spot on.

6. Lambo's Fluffy Chest Hair

Fox has been in the Official Football League Championship Team Of The Week more times than any of our other players - you do the math.

He's out of form, so what.. He'll regain it again. No player in the world goes a whole season without having a dip in form!

PLUS... An out of form Fox is still better than an in-form Harding <whistle> ;)

7. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahaha. No.

(Don't slate me for my opinion like normal!)

8. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

****ing hell some fans bitch about anything. As for saying Fox's first tackle was reckless, get a ****ing grip. It will end up with football being played with a 10yd exclusion zone around every player. Don't know how anybody could call it reckless, must be blind.

Anyways great point away against a team that is seriously inform. <ok>

9. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Strewth mate......you didn't recognise a bit of good play acting by the blues player then? At one stage both players were doing exactly the same thing. True the arm was still on the guys shoulder but it was at full stretch if you watch the blues players head he waited and then went over as if polaxed. Also watch Fox he is actually moving away from the blues guy. So no mate it was not a sure fire foul and certainly not a bookable offence. That was happening all through the game I'm told. We were lucky it did not cost us more dearly

10. SL Saint

SL Saint Member

Fox has been a key factor in us staying in the top two. I realise he has been disappointing recently but he has got us a lot of points. From the top of my head West Ham 3 points, Notts Forest 3 points, Burnley 1 point, Coventry 3 points. Those goals all came from him and some very late on in the game. I saw the first booking and I thought what a fantastic challenge, but I guess the ref saw the bloke rolling around and presumed it was a bad tackle, not to mention the fans trying to get him a straight red. At least he can get a break against Millwall!!

11. SpanglishSaint

SpanglishSaint New Member

I have never said that he deserved the first yellow but the point I´m trying to make is that knowing you are on a yellow, deserved or not, you have to be very careful...and Fox in my opinion wasn´t. Personally, everytime a defender runs at fox I feel very nervy as he tends to dive in a lot instead of just standing a defender up, he´s a little hasty sometimes.
    Anwyay, the thing that annoyed me most wasn´t his defending but his constant losing of possesion. He hits was too may balls upfield that end up in hands of the opposition. I would like him to be a little more intelligent in that aspect.

12. Saints Fan4Life

This.

13. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

As other people have said maybe he is told to hit the ball upfield. I thought he played well today and hardly lost the ball. But some people have their Fox is **** glasses on. So that's moan anyways even if he had a good game against Burke who is dangerous.

14. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

The Fox challenge was never a penalty; he clearly won the ball first and then was tripped by their player. Slow motion replays clearly showed this.

His passing was poor today though.

15. Channon walked on H2O

Channon walked on H2O Active Member

Absolutely. And let's add Sharp is useless; Adkins must go; sell the club .... FFS

16. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Every player needs to be sold, they are all ****. <ok>

17. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I actually though Fox was, as you put it, "a little more intelligent" today. More than once he had an opportunity to play a ball down the line, but instead chose to cut in on his right foot and play a simple ball into the central midfield instead.

But as I always say to those people who criticise Fox for his long balls forward, you can't just criticise Fox, you also need to look at Adkins. If Adkins didn't want him doing it, he wouldn't be doing it - or else he would have dropped by now. The same goes us not shooting on sight all the time.

(Please note, I'm not having a go at Adkins here, and nor am I actually saying whether or not Fox is right to play those balls, or whether or not we're right not to shoot on sight. I'm simply saying that people shouldn't simply criticise the players themselves if you disagree with what they're doing. The management issue the instructions).

18. Saints Fan4Life

I've always said this about the management, but sometimes the players know only how to play that way or feel more comfortable doing so

19. benditlikeabanana

benditlikeabanana Well-Known Member

so does harding get the job covering, or give shaw a run out

20. Saints Fan4Life

Seeing as Shaw is injured, Harding will play