1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

7 players from Liverpool. Going with whom he's familiar.

Discussion in 'England' started by YappyR, Jun 3, 2012.

1. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

At least he's not quite senile enough to pick Dirk Kuyt for the midfield! I mean he might as well just pick the entire Liverpool squad. Why not. Yeah, he's just going with the players he's seen and managed before.

But then again, this might be a good thing for young England in the end. You have to start somewhere to get the next generation of players ready for the senior level.

2. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

Nah, Hodgson is clueless. No need to look into this situation in much depth to come to that conclusion.

3. Murray

Murray Active Member

I only see six, what you talking about.

4. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

Still 6 too many.

5. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

If this was true, surely there would be a large amount of Fulham & West Brom players?

6. benditlikeabanana

benditlikeabanana Well-Known Member

he was **** a liverpool, and now he is trying the same again. thankfully most of the 6 will only be there to carry the bags.

7. Trilogy

Trilogy Member

Only Gerrard will actualy start though.

8. Pete Doherty

Pete Doherty New Member

He's right.

9. Itchen North Matt

Itchen North Matt Active Member

Liverpool are making a point of signing and bringing through English players. Gerrard, Carroll, Downing, Johnson, Henderson and Kelly - that's 6. I prefer to think that Hodgson brought them in because he thinks they're good players than because he especially likes Liverpool. They sacked him after half a season, so I doubt he would.

10. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

liverpool player ....??????is there no one else <bubbly>

11. redconn

redconn Active Member

ridiculous article

Roy only managed 3 Liverpool players: Gerrard, Johnson and Kelly

Gerrard and Johnson were already England first XI

Kelly got picked because Walker is injured, Jones looked terrible at rightback, and for unknown reasons Richards is blacklisted by all managers

12. sweet fa

sweet fa Member

Hes banged to rights before a ball has been kicked. We all know it.

England had a shambolic world cup with one of the best managers in the world leading them. We can look for every reason under the sun, but ultimately, Germany were vastly superior on that day to England and the whole world could see it.

Roy Hodgson has taken over in one of the worst circumstances that could possibly be granted somebody. He has countless players out, his former would be captain is facing race allogation charges, players have been injured/dropped out leaving him with the skin and bones of potential players available and he must be fully aware before a ball is even kicked that he will be burnt at the stake if england dont perform at the euros.

Hes picked 6 england players - for the sake of the tournament starting in 8 days time can they not be called england players? Can we not just wait and see before judging? Yes he has made decisions that some of us would find bizarre but we dont know his strategy, we dont know his ideas and we dont know what is going on behind the scenes. For all we know he could have already attempted to contact other players who have declared themselves unavailable (obvious exception being rio but that is for another debate).

I never thought the impossible job could get less possible but it has. The press will absolutely take him apart. I really hope england do well just so those paracytes in the press box have to find some other voodoo force to blame when england crash out on penalties in the semi finals. Possibly the ref. or the goalposts. or a gipsy curse. Or, the stars could all allign and an england team and an england manager might get a bit of praise.

I have no idea if any of that rant made the blindest bit of sense. But the same could be said for english football in general, so hey ho!

13. sweet fa

sweet fa Member

Replace bold england with 'liverpool'

14. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

Like many others, I wouldn't have picked the squad that Roy has. However, he's in a very difficult situation and has been given very little time to develop anything. I think some of the Liverpool players that are being questioned are there because they have done well at Under 21 level (moreso than at club level). At least these guys want to play for England rather than throwing their dummies out of the pram for not being guaranteed a first team place.

15. potterpalm

potterpalm Member

to me liverpool players **** on him !!
    I cannot understand his loyalty
    if Hodgson had had 3 or 4 yrs at the job then judge but 2 mins was a joke ..
    Liverpool never gave him a chance ... it was over b4 it started !!

16. silkship

silkship Well-Known Member

It's not loyalty- Dalglish took up a 'buy british' policy after Hogdson left- surprise surprise a year later 6 of the English team are from Liverpool.

I'm uncertain who he would have picked ahead of Henderson - Gardner maybe - Carrick if he hadn't withdrawn? Martin Kelly gives cover in the right back slot- no point bringing another central defender in when the squad already has 4. Alternative would have been Richards but he took himself out of the game.

17. Jonesey

Jonesey Well-Known Member

Please let us know exacly which Liverpool players were reposnsible for Roy's sacking?