1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Big Thank You For Your Good Wishes / Donations From Brixton R's Family

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by BrixtonR, May 30, 2013.

1. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Dear All,

I am writing to thank each and everyone of you, from the bottom of my heart for your wonderful tributes to David (aka Brixton R).

I apologise for not having the wherewithal to have thanked you before now but I’m sure that you will understand just what a difficult time it is for us at the moment.

We were very moved and somewhat overwhelmed by the fact that you all took the time and care to write such touching tributes. We are also extremely grateful for your generous donations (upwards of £1000 - amazing) to the Brixton R Memorial Fund which is fittingly going to Barnados – our favourite charity.

David and I were unconventional, kindred spirits and good soul mates to the very end. We supported each other through ‘thick and thin’. We wanted to make positive change to the world in which we lived and to that end, we have. David was an extremely complex man who chose to lead a very simple life but his humanity seemed to touch many different people, far and wide.

I am more than aware that EVERYONE has their own story to tell but we have been enriched by having David in our lives.

Once again, a big thank you to you all for your supportive acts / words of kindness which we very much appreciate and have been of great comfort to us. Being unfamiliar with the workings of the site, would it be possible if this could be forwarded / copied to all the other related boards (Hull, Swansea, Norwich to name but a few as we have been equally overwhelmed by their responses).

In line with David’s expressed wishes, we are having a very small private funeral for him on Monday 03rd June at 11:45am. We look forward to raising a glass to toast David’s memory whenever we have the pleasure to meet for a drink with you!

With the kindest of regards,

Pat (Deon & Louise) x

2. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

Hi Pat,

It was the least we could do. You can tell by the heartfelt tributes written not just by people who had the pleasure of meeting David, but from those who were not so privileged and, as you say, those from other clubs, how much David meant to us.

Thank you for sharing him with us, you will all be in our thoughts on Monday.

Simon

P.S. I've linked this to the Swansea, Norwich and Hull forums; maybe Matt or Nuts could link it to the moderators forum?

3. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking the trouble to write that Pat. Kind regards to all of you. I'll be thinking of you all on Monday.

Colin.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Roller's posted this on the Hull board and it's a really sad business, but it must be some comfort that so many people felt moved enough to comment on here and elsewhere.

I'm burying a really good mate of mine on Monday, only 62, it's often the best ones that go too early.

RIP Dave.

5. inkedupp

inkedupp Active Member

Mondays my 40th birthday but I'll be having a drink in his name.
    rest easy brix. RIP

6. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Pat and family,

It is an unfamiliar feeling for me to be feeling a sense of loss when that loss is merely the absence of one solitary contributor to the board, someone that I never had the honour to meet and someone with whom I only engaged in black and white on a computer screen. But I nevertheless feel that loss and can honestly say that this board is not the same without our BrixtonR. That being said, I can only imagine how great your sense of loss must be, as yours is the loss of your David, the real, three-dimensional, walking, talking version.

May you find peace and comfort.

7. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I'll be thinking of you on Monday. I'll be on a long flight - David used to envy the personal space and time intercontinental flights gave me to read and think (I am of course supposed to be working, but I hardly ever do) and he was absolutely right - something akin to his days driving I think.

Take care, see you next season.

Graham

8. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

Like Uber, I never had the pleasure of meeting Brix, but felt deep grief at his passing. I hope Monday passes smoothly for you all. I will take 15 minutes at 11.45 and walk up to Ealing common, close to where I'm working, and chill in the way I know Brix liked to, and remember him, the way he wrote and the person he so obviously was. Hope you're all doing ok. I look forward to raising a glass with you next season.

Rob.

9. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

R.I.P Dave, the football family has lost one of it's own:emoticon-0101-sadsm

10. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Thanks Pat for taking the time to come back to us in such difficult circumstances.

Our thoughts are with you and will be moreso on Monday. I will take a few quiet minutes at 11:45 in respect.

I have passed on your thanks on the moderator board (using Roller's fitting post) and will try to catch anyone not already contacted.

Warmest regards,

Matt

11. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Happy 40th Inky.

Thanks for posting Pat. I will be 30,000 feet up on Monday. I will have a drink in his honour. Cheers.

12. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

Pat, even though i didn't know David personally, he helped through a bad patch in my life. He treated me like his best friend at times and I will never, ever forget him. He was a great guy and he will be missed.

Ash, a Swansea fan.

13. Flanman

Flanman Well-Known Member

I will have a quite moment on Monday 11.45 to pay my respects, hope all goes as well given the circumstances.

Peter

14. Chair Nob'll Fallout

Chair Nob'll Fallout Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking the time to come on here Pat, it can't be an easy time for you.

I never had the pleasure of meeting David in the flesh, but I was deeply saddened when I heard from Deon about his passing, and I miss him very much. The fact that he was one of life's true gentlemen always shone through in the dignified, level-headed and morally grounded way that he dealt with everybody on this board. I will be taking a few moments on Monday to pay my respects.

Thanks again, and all the best for the future.

Jamie

15. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Dear Pat, Deon, Louise
    I too will be away, but I will spend just a few personal minutes at that time, remembering BrixR and thinking of the things he stood for in life and on this board.

I hope one day all the "BrixR clan" will feel able to come and meet us and we will then raise a glass in celebration that we were all privilged to know your David
    My thoughts are with you on Monday
    Beth

16. DaveThomas

DaveThomas Well-Known Member

The great thing about Brixton and this wonderful cyper heaven forum is that he will forever be with us all ... every post.

My thoughts will be especially with you next Monday as you say goodbye to the real man who I now know I was recently very privileged to meet.

17. Lauds Gendros Jack

I never knew Brix R I P pal . And to you Pat I know how you feel my love I lost my wife at 58 after 35yrs so god bless you and your family

18. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for taking the time to post at this difficult time, Pat. If you ever wondered in what esteem David was held by this board, now you know how high it was...and is, because he remains a presence here. We all conduct ourselves pretty well in furtherance of the vital debate on matters blue and white, but when things get a bit heated, as they will occasionally, it will be to BrixtonR's code that we turn to resolve matters. You will all be in my thoughts on Monday morning.

With best wishes

Mark

19. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Pat I too never met Dave but saw a lot of his posts, and we had a few words when I was being a bit naughty on the QPR board ;) but it was all done good humour and we sorted it out.

What I found was he was simply a fellow footy fan and was giving his perspective on things, in the end it was sorted and I realised that we didn't have that many differences. And we even shared the same occupation so I can see now why we just had a good banter.

I hope you and your family and friends are getting a small amount comfort off the people on here, I can see he was highly respected by everyone here.

A football fan from Swansea <peacedove>

20. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

Hi Pat

Sorry for the late reply. I still can't get my head around what's happened. I can only imagine how difficult it's been for all of you. Dave was my mentor on this forum and it was an absolute pleasure to have worked with him and to have been lucky enough to meet the great man himself. His smile was all encompassing. I miss him.

It's amazing the impact this forum has on our lives. As you well know, being a QPR fan isn't easy. Our supporters have had a continuous roller coaster ride for the last 15 odd years. This forum gives us the opportunity to come on here and share our hopes, dreams and too often out frustrations . Dave really understood the rhythm of this forum. He understood the personalities involved and always tried to be fair to everybody. He leaves a big big vacuum behind.

A meet up to celebrate Daves life is being arranged and I look forward to meeting you all again. My thoughts and prayers are with you.